• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro this weekend 1/29 & 1/30

I’ll be passing through if for no other reason than to get out of the house for a couple hours.

Attachments

• F119F56B-6B51-4719-8A52-76D7E955BB85.jpeg
    F119F56B-6B51-4719-8A52-76D7E955BB85.jpeg
    566.7 KB · Views: 55
I've actually had some luck at this show in the past, so I'll be going, hopefully one of my sons wants to tag along. I can always get some grocery shopping done at the Hannaford Market next door.

I was thinking about going, but won't. Longish drive, stand in line in the cold, get inside, see overpriced new guns, way overpriced used guns, overpriced ammunition, knives, jerky, and Nazi memorabilia.

Damn, you used to go to all the shows IIRC.. or just about all of them.

What was your final straw, if there was one ?

Yep, I did. Used to love them. I don't think there was any one thing. Just that I got tired of less and less gun tables and more and more junk and Nazi stuff. When they kicked out the vendor in Marlboro because his prices were too good you knew there weren't many, if any, good deals to be had at them.

Hard pass. I got roped in to going to the last Big E one and couldn’t believe what it has become. The chinese optics guy and Tombstone seemed to be the biggest setups. Although I was super tempted to buy Tombstone’s Gen 2 Glock 19 for $998. It came complete with a 10rd mag and a massive chunk missing from the grip. Somebody got the deal of a lifetime with that gem.

Hard pass. I got roped in to going to the last Big E one and couldn’t believe what it has become. The chinese optics guy and Tombstone seemed to be the biggest setups. Although I was super tempted to buy Tombstone’s Gen 2 Glock 19 for $998. It came complete with a 10rd mag and a massive chunk missing from the grip. Somebody got the deal of a lifetime with that gem.
Tombstone is the 4seasons of Worcester county. They prey on the ignorant

The bomb cyclone on Friday night may put a damper on plans for the show. Finding a deal at a gun show now is like finding a needle in a haystack.

I've always been a loyal fan of the MA gun shows, but haven't been since the Wuhan Flu hit us and I don't intend to go back until the threat level to "multiple comorbidity" old men like me is brought under control (if ever). Just not worth the risk of dealing with large crowds. [thinking]

Please note that Marlborough recently passed an indoor mask mandate, so that is going to be required if you do go. I'd post the link but they apparently only posted it on Facebook. I live in Marlborough and was greeted with signs at the grocery store last week. But no one threw me out when I didn't have one.

Contrary to popular belief, Massachusetts didn't kill gun shows, greed did.
Yep. They are so dead now that people stand in line for over an hour in the cold to get in... even with the Wuhan Flu thang going on. 🤪

They aren't dead to the promoter, that's for sure. He's still making his money. 💲💲💲

They are dead to certain NESers and to some dealers who have decided it just ain't worth the cost and trouble. 👎

Can a good snowstorm kill a MA gun show? 🤔 I guess we'll find out tomorrow. :)

Yep. They are so dead now that people stand in line for over an hour in the cold to get in... even with the Wuhan Flu thang going on. 🤪

They aren't dead to the promoter, that's for sure. He's still making his money. 💲💲💲

They are dead to certain NESers and to some dealers who have decided it just ain't worth the cost and trouble. 👎

Can a good snowstorm kill a MA gun show? 🤔 I guess we'll find out tomorrow. :)
Yes, there are plenty of new shooters in MA that are dumb enough to think they are getting deals at a Northeast gun show.

There are also plenty of old timers that don’t know how to use the interweb thing and forgot their aol password anyway. They think of gun shows as a good excuse to throw on their best dungarees and get out of the house for a day.

Everyone else has realized how much Carole the promoter and her henchman Homeless Jeff Spicoli have ruined these things by letting the perpetual vendors run the show.

I used to like going to gun shows, even though deals are few and far between. I bought a nice SMLE for a reasonable price at Wilmington one year, have found many S&W 3rd Gen magazines (including pre ban), bought an almost new stainless 10/22 at Marlboro, and have found miscellaneous small parts over the years.

I've never found a really decently priced handgun other than at the Holbrook show, but that's a small club show.

Still, it was a way to kill part of a morning looking at interesting stuff.

Was.

I bought a nice SMLE for a reasonable price at Wilmington one year

I used to think the Wilmington show was the best one in MA. There used to be different vendors then at most other shows in MA and even a few other ammo vendors other then the NY guys. For some reason a few years ago most of different vendors, including the ammo sellers, stopped going. It turned into Marlboro North and wasn't a real reason to drive that far anymore.

Back
Top Bottom