Marlboro this weekend!!

MA DOR goes around at many of the shows and demands to see your Mass Sales Tax Vendor Certificate. If not, you must pay him for one and DOR will expect to see income reported as a business. Back when I volunteered for GOAL at the shows, I was questioned by DOR twice. Carole also requires one prior to renting you a table. You'd have better luck doing this at a NH show.

A few years back, I "sublet" a table from an FFL I know. DOR asked for my Tax Cert.

"I don't have one," I told him.

"Well you're engaging in business, here," He said.

"No; I'm cleaning out my basement, a bit."

"Why are you selling stuff here?"

"Dude, do you think this stuff," I said, motioning to the table with typical Gun Show fodder covering it, "Would not cause problems if I had a regular yard sale?" [laugh[

He took my name, in case I made a habit of it, and went away.

Of course, that was a few years ago, and I'm sure that they're more humorless, now.

He also likes filling his truck by backing it up to the show doors and just leaving the motor running and pumping fumes inside the venue.... and the promoters let him get away with it because he greases the correct palms or whatever.

-Mike

i think i know who you guys are talking about. is that the dude who sets up at the entrance to the wilmington show? if so I actually like buying ammo from him. he is easy to work on the prices especially if buying like 2 cases or so. if pulling out a few $100 bills he seems to forget the original asking price. i can only imagine how he moves all the ammo from NY -> MA for a gun show. must be a lot of work. perhaps the roids are helpful then?

MA DOR goes around at many of the shows and demands to see your Mass Sales Tax Vendor Certificate. If not, you must pay him for one and DOR will expect to see income reported as a business. Back when I volunteered for GOAL at the shows, I was questioned by DOR twice. Carole also requires one prior to renting you a table. You'd have better luck doing this at a NH show.

Well the one good thing is that you get to see lots of different products in one place at a show.

That's bullspit. MrHappy's experience is scary. "You need this." I guess they're going to now start charging service-tax on lemonade stands as well. Unreal!

I got a Win97 shotgun from some guy at a gun show once. Might have been Marlboro. 3-4 guys pitched in and bought a table. I didn't get it until we just did the MA form. LOL

Back
Top Bottom