• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

marlboro

garyz

NES Member
i just got my american rifleman mag, and it lists 2 shows in marlbor for sept
19& 20 and 26 & 27 one list newmart promotions and the other northeast gun shows
but both list the same contact phone number.
anybody know if this is correct, 2 shows, back to back week ends @ marlboro?

garz

ETA by TYPEO1313 to avoid confusion.
It's September 26-27
http://www.northeastgunshows.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
i just got my american rifleman mag, and it lists 2 shows in marlbor for sept
19& 20 and 26 & 27 one list newmart promotions and the other northeast gun shows
but both list the same contact phone number.
anybody know if this is correct, 2 shows, back to back week ends @ marlboro?

garz

American Rifleman has been having some bad luck listing show dates. The listing they had for last fall's Marlboro show was on the weekend that the hotel was having a wedding expo. I wanted to go just to see a bunch of guys carrying rifles into the wedding expo...the ultimate wedding message I guess. The gun show was actually the week after they had it listed for in the magazine. They also listed a show a couple months ago at a club that didn't have a show scheduled.

American Rifleman has been having some bad luck listing show dates. The listing they had for last fall's Marlboro show was on the weekend that the hotel was having a wedding expo. I wanted to go just to see a bunch of guys carrying rifles into the wedding expo...the ultimate wedding message I guess. The gun show was actually the week after they had it listed for in the magazine. They also listed a show a couple months ago at a club that didn't have a show scheduled.

what you never heard of a shotgun wedding? [rofl]

i dont know who "they" are. but in my experience, deals are far and few between unless you know 100% what your buying.

Having been on both sides of the table, the adage, "It's not the deal you get, it's the deal you THINK you get," is spot-on. If you have an idea of what you're looking for is supposed ot cost, then you'll be able to figure out what is priced right. And, remember: the dealers are there (mostly) to make a buck, not sell everything on their table so they don't have to schlep it back home.

It's a great place to see a wide variety of stuff, from fine double guns, to some odd, strange, weird stuff, to outright junk. Kind of like a museum where the exhibits are for sale.

The earlier you get into line, the better, but, remember - the people with the tables have already checked out all the other tables before the doors open.

That being said, I've got a couple REAL scores (at least from my point of view) and have sold some stuff that left the buyer doing a "happy dance". Of course, once they were gone, I danced a bit too! [smile]

If you've never gone, then go - it's definitely worth the price of admission. If you learn a few things that were new to you ( as I always do ) even better!

Having been on both sides of the table, the adage, "It's not the deal you get, it's the deal you THINK you get," is spot-on. If you have an idea of what you're looking for is supposed ot cost, then you'll be able to figure out what is priced right. And, remember: the dealers are there (mostly) to make a buck, not sell everything on their table so they don't have to schlep it back home.

It's a great place to see a wide variety of stuff, from fine double guns, to some odd, strange, weird stuff, to outright junk. Kind of like a museum where the exhibits are for sale.

The earlier you get into line, the better, but, remember - the people with the tables have already checked out all the other tables before the doors open.

That being said, I've got a couple REAL scores (at least from my point of view) and have sold some stuff that left the buyer doing a "happy dance". Of course, once they were gone, I danced a bit too! [smile]

If you've never gone, then go - it's definitely worth the price of admission. If you learn a few things that were new to you ( as I always do ) even better!

i will agree, a show is normaly worth the admission (though thats starting to push it)

many people will pay 10$ for an hour and 1/2 movie, some pay god knows how much to hit a little ball into a hole.

10$ admission to a gunshow is entertainment at least, a chance for a good deal at best

I'll be hitting up this Marlboro show for sure. I've never been to a show before; what can I expect besides guns? Lots of accessories, holsters and ammo? Why do I have a feeling ammo can not be sold there?...

Also, are shows run by local dealers/stores or manufacturers? Are there usually private tables with random guns? Like, could I get a table if I had 50 guns to sell?

Ammo is sold there, at least in the past. I think it is worth going to see a bunch of interesting stuff. Even if you don't end up leaving with anything I don't think you will feel bad about the $10 spent. Be sure to stop by the jerky folks if you like it at all they have good stuff that you are not going to get at the store. Enjoy your first show. As others have said try to get there early if you don't want to stand in a long line or come later in the morning when the line has diminished.

Guns shows are good for finding things your local guys dont have or stock. IE parts, I will be going in the hopes to finding a new holster for my 4013tsw. As mentioned Know what the price range is for what you think you want. You can always hit Four seasons guns in woburn it not to far away. It is always busy at FS guns that weekend?

Gun shows like Marlborough aren't for finding "deals." They're more for shopping convenience (and entertainment, as Hoppy mentioned).

Gun shops are few and far between in MA, and many FFLs don't have a store front. So instead of driving all over town to visit 2-3 stores, Marlborough allows you to hit 30 stores in one afternoon.

Are you going to find "deals" there? About as many as if you visit those 30 shops one by one. If you keep your eyes open, you'll see some interesting things here and there. But if anything, you're going to find prices are a little higher than you'd expect.

And of course, there are always the "crap" tables, vendors who aren't FFLs, but are selling knives, targets, cleaning kits, airsoft, Nazi paraphernalia, etc, etc.

I didn't buy a gun the first time I went to the Marlboro Show. It was interesting to see different tables. Everything was priced a little high. However you can get stuff at these venues that some companies won't ship to MA. i.e. Ammo, novelty items (in my case a dud frag), gun parts, and the like.

We will have a table at this show and this will be our first ever gun show.
Please stop by and say hi.
We will have our Remsport 1911 frames, slides and barrels for sale. We will also have a large assortment of AR parts and complete uppers. We will also have our stainless steel match Glock barrels.

May sound like a dumb question, but I've never been to a show before. Do they check carry guns at the door, are you allowed to carry inside, and, if not, can you bring in unloaded handguns in a case to try them out with a holster?

May sound like a dumb question, but I've never been to a show before. Do they check carry guns at the door, are you allowed to carry inside, and, if not, can you bring in unloaded handguns in a case to try them out with a holster?

When you enter, they will generally ask if you are carrying, and, if so, will ask you to unload the gun and put the ammo/mag in a plastic bag with your name. They then put a zip tie in an appropriate place to disable the gun and return it to you. I never brought an unloaded gun to the show, but assume they would simply zip tie anything you brought in to sell or to try out holsters, etc.. If you haven't been to a show, go ahead and come to this one, even if you don't find any "bargains", you'll probably find something you want and it definitely beats working around the house!

I too will be poping my gun show cherry at the Marlboro show and just wanted to say thanks for the great info. This may sound like a dumb question but would I have any need to bring a blank copy of my C&R license with me or should I just stick with the good old neutered MA Class A LTC?

I don't feel like looking for the nes sighting thread so I'm not going to post the proof. A person could set up a table selling NES bumper stickers and paraphernalia and make a killing at a MA gun show.

I too will be poping my gun show cherry at the Marlboro show and just wanted to say thanks for the great info. This may sound like a dumb question but would I have any need to bring a blank copy of my C&R license with me or should I just stick with the good old neutered MA Class A LTC?

Bring MULTIPLE copies of your C&R. There are some non-MA dealers at the show and if they have what you want and it's C&R, you can walk out with it. With just your LTC, you can't get C&Rs (handguns) from any dealer unless they were in MA on 10/21/1998!

I don't feel like looking for the nes sighting thread so I'm not going to post the proof. A person could set up a table selling NES bumper stickers and paraphernalia and make a killing at a MA gun show.

In the past, if there were NES stickers available, Derek has seen to it that they are on the GOAL table, with money going to GOAL. So check out the GOAL table. If they are there, they usually sell out before Saturday is over. I'll be there working the GOAL table on Saturday afternoon, so introduce yourself.

Last edited:
We will have a table at this show and this will be our first ever gun show.
Please stop by and say hi.
We will have our Remsport 1911 frames, slides and barrels for sale. We will also have a large assortment of AR parts and complete uppers. We will also have our stainless steel match Glock barrels.

Wasn't going to go until I read this post, planning for saturday now!

Back
Top Bottom