marlboro

I think it's so cute that you guys know what you'll be wearing to the gunshow days in advance..[laugh]

It's standard "gun show wear". Find the dirtiest thing you own, and don't shower for a week before the show. It also seems to help if you go the bathroom on yourself too.

Then you walk around and stop in the middle of the isle so no one can get by or walk just slow enough (so no body can get by) while "cropdusting"

It's standard "gun show wear". Find the dirtiest thing you own, and don't shower for a week before the show. It also seems to help if you go the bathroom on yourself too.

Then you walk around and stop in the middle of the isle so no one can get by or walk just slow enough (so no body can get by) while "cropdusting"

hmm.. interesting.. I will be the one who showered in the morning then..[smile]

I think it's so cute that you guys know what you'll be wearing to the gun show days in advance..[laugh]

Great perspective.[grin] I never would have seen it that way! Nice to have you woman shooters around!!!

Yes, when men go to gun shows their clothing has to project the particular Macho-factor, and make a statement to show our individuality. So you know that means a ball cap, a pair of jeans or dockers, for your carry gun. You can't go to a gun show without your carry gun, even if you don't carry any other time.

Men are kind of funny that way, no wonder our wives laugh at us so much![wink]

Great perspective.[grin] I never would have seen it that way! Nice to have you woman shooters around!!!

Yes, when men go to gun shows their clothing has to project the particular Macho-factor, and make a statement to show our individuality. So you know that means a ball cap, a pair of jeans or dockers, for your carry gun. You can't go to a gun show without your carry gun, even if you don't carry any other time.

Men are kind of funny that way, no wonder our wives laugh at us so much![wink]

So you're saying NOT to wear my little pink Tutu? [frown]

Dammit.

Just to keep with the what are you wearing thread. . . I'll have on a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt. I think I'll even have my mickey mouse hat (not the one with the ears)

I'll be walking around with a guy carrying a Romanian Dragunov for sale ( he'll probably be un-showered, and smell like poop[smile])

I went today and came close to buying a shotgun but then I decided the hell with it and picked up two Mosin Nagants a 91-30 and a 1944 for what I have determined to be pretty damn fair prices. The 1944 looks like it will require minimal cleaning and is in good condition with a good bore and no pitting to be found. The 91-30 was a gamble because it is so full of cosmoline so we'll see how she turns out after a good cleaning. Regardless of the condition of the 91-30's bore I'll be happy because it didn't cost much at all. Time to order me some 7.62X54r.

No line whatsoever at 10am or when I left around 11am. Only moderately crowded at most, inside.

Didn't really look like many guns were leaving, either [frown]

Just got home from working the show.Sales were great for us. ( I work for a small dealer)

Saw Milsurps4me, Flotter, LenS, and a bunch of other folks. Also gave some good deals to some fellow NES folks on parts, holsters, slings, mags, etc.

I have to say as much as I love firearms working the shows kind of sucks. Unpacking, setting up, then packing.....just getting old I guess[sad]

Can I expect to see ammo for sale there?

Also, What is the procedure if I were to CCW there. I remember a few years ago they were asking at the doors if you were carrying.

I should be there Sunday with my Dad. If you see an ugly kid with tattoo's hoppin out a big ugly jeep. Thats me.

There was ammo for sale, the prices were the same as most gun shops.

They did ask if I had any firearms, but I did not so I'm not sure about the procedure.

I'm going back tomorrow, I have more stuff to buy.[smile]

Just got home from working the show.Sales were great for us. ( I work for a small dealer)

Saw Milsurps4me, Flotter, LenS, and a bunch of other folks. Also gave some good deals to some fellow NES folks on parts, holsters, slings, mags, etc.

I have to say as much as I love firearms working the shows kind of sucks. Unpacking, setting up, then packing.....just getting old I guess[sad]

Which dealer do you work for? Will you be there on Sunday? Would love to stop by and meet you!

Cheers,

Rich

I'm glad I checked this thread! I completely forgot that this was going on this weekend. I'm with my daughter tomorrow, but I'm going to try and make it. Anyone know if they charge kids? (8yo)

I think it's so cute that you guys know what you'll be wearing to the gunshow days in advance..[laugh]

Are you suggesting that some folks have more than one change of clothes????[shocked]

I spend my clothing allowance on components to make ammo.

[laugh2]

Seriously, I met Knob Creek to do a transfer. He is nice people & we had a pleasant chat.

Get whacked for sales tax on the transfer through the Powder Keg.[angry]
This sort of foolishness is getting more common, it seems.

I noticed that primers are up around $40/K these days. I'm glad that I'm stocked up for a while longer. I hope that the prices return to a sane level when the supply begins to meet the demand. I have a bad feeling about the whole business though.

I had the unmitigated gall to offer a couple of vendors less than they were asking for powder. Got lucky and got a couple bucks off on each of two pounds.

Traded into a couple of new factory 10/22 mags. Clear ones! Real spiffy looking (until they get full of crud.)

I found the prices on ammo mildly amusing. I haven't bought any pre-loaded ammo, except .22 rimfire, in many years but it is good entertainment to see how proud the dealers are of their stock. I nearly weakened and bought some jacketed bullets until I reminded myself that I can cast and lube many thousands for the price of a hundred factory bullets.

There seemed to be a good selection of modern handguns but not much inexpensive or interesting in milsurp guns. It must be getting close to time to sell off some of the milsurps and buy some nice sporting rifles.

Jack

Anybody there a dealer of NES apparel? I'd maybe pick up a shirt or nine for me and the girl.

Nope, online only. No NES stickers present either.

---------------------

Nice seeing the few NES'rs that I know by sight. Didn't meet any new NES'rs today. [frown] But according to John (Liotec) there were many NES'rs there.

Seems that Fred (flotter) skipped by the GOAL table as I spotted him 2 aisles over but he never walked by us (we were working the GOAL table from ~12:30PM on).

Signed up a Licensing Officer (non-NES'r TTBOMK) as a new GOAL member. Sorry I won't give out the name. Always good for them to understand the issues from our side of the desk. [grin]

We were there all day. A few decent deals that I saw in passing (didn't buy any of them):

- Rem Golden Bullets -.22LR, 550 VP for $20 (WM is significantly cheaper but hasn't had product in months)
- Fed 550 VP .22LR for $20 (WM is significantly cheaper but hasn't had product in months)
- 209 shotgun primers for $35/1K
- Some lead bullets for $15/500 (different calibers)
- Looks like prices of AR lowers have dropped some from the stratosphere to somewhere in sub-orbit.

Some things that require knowledge/caution:

- Saw "many felonies" present - PMags marked as "pre-ban"! [rofl] [sad],

- Sig 556 pistols for sale.

- Lots of post-ban hi-cap mags for sale.

- CAVEAT EMPTOR!!! KNOW what's legal to possess BEFORE you go shopping . . . to wit, the AWB and hi-cap laws in MA so you stay out of jail.

I'm happy, I picked up the Eye-Pals that I forgot to buy at the last Marlboro show. WOW! What a difference they make . . . his demo was a sale clincher. I also picked up a quantity of the Smoke House Hot Sausage Sticks! Sad not to see the hot sauce guy there today as I wanted to pick up some more product from him.

Went earlier today and talked with and purchased some iterms from John of Liotec and stopped and talked with John from Remsport. Also said hi to the people at the GOAL Table but did not see anyone else I knew.

Back
Top Bottom