• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

marlboro

Nope, online only. No NES stickers present either.

---------------------

Nice seeing the few NES'rs that I know by sight. Didn't meet any new NES'rs today. [frown] But according to John (Liotec) there were many NES'rs there.

Seems that Fred (flotter) skipped by the GOAL table as I spotted him 2 aisles over but he never walked by us (we were working the GOAL table from ~12:30PM on).

Signed up a Licensing Officer (non-NES'r TTBOMK) as a new GOAL member. Sorry I won't give out the name. Always good for them to understand the issues from our side of the desk. [grin]

We were there all day. A few decent deals that I saw in passing (didn't buy any of them):

- Rem Golden Bullets -.22LR, 550 VP for $20 (WM is significantly cheaper but hasn't had product in months)
- Fed 550 VP .22LR for $20 (WM is significantly cheaper but hasn't had product in months)
- 209 shotgun primers for $35/1K
- Some lead bullets for $15/500 (different calibers)
- Looks like prices of AR lowers have dropped some from the stratosphere to somewhere in sub-orbit.

Some things that require knowledge/caution:

- Saw "many felonies" present - PMags marked as "pre-ban"! [rofl] [sad],

- Sig 556 pistols for sale.

- Lots of post-ban hi-cap mags for sale.

- CAVEAT EMPTOR!!! KNOW what's legal to possess BEFORE you go shopping . . . to wit, the AWB and hi-cap laws in MA so you stay out of jail.

I'm happy, I picked up the Eye-Pals that I forgot to buy at the last Marlboro show. WOW! What a difference they make . . . his demo was a sale clincher. I also picked up a quantity of the Smoke House Hot Sausage Sticks! Sad not to see the hot sauce guy there today as I wanted to pick up some more product from him.

Good post Len, specifically about the post-ban mags being sold as pre-ban.

caveat emptor

I asked the lady at the GOAL table about the NES stickers, and if there would be any tomorrow. I was kind of disappointed as I wanted to get one for my dads car. Oh well, maybe next time.

Actually compared to a few of the shows I've been to there before, it seemed stacked with guns this time around. Overall I was just browsing with no plans on buying and left without buying anything except some great jerky. Love that stuff. Huge mark ups on guns I thought and as usual the NY Ammo Guys were in rip off the customer mode. I also didn't see a lot of firearms leaving the place. Some decent 50bmg ammo prices. Noticed a LOT of 50 bmg rifles for sale too.

There are always lots of guns.

Only about 10-20% of them are reasonably priced, though. [laugh]

Every one of these shows I go to I discover that there are maybe a half dozen or so tables worth visiting.... the others are all either way overpriced, selling pure crap (like those guys that haul around the piles of $1 confederate flag made in china lighter vanity kit laser pointer things to every show) or both.

Gun shows are more of a social event than they are a chance to find anything good. If you actually find something you want it is kinda like winning an $8 scratch ticket or something. [laugh]

I still like going to the things once in awhile. I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess. [grin]

-Mike

Nope, online only. No NES stickers present either.

---------------------

Seems that Fred (flotter) skipped by the GOAL table as I spotted him 2 aisles over but he never walked by us (we were working the GOAL table from ~12:30PM on).

Sorry about that!!!

Did not do it on purpose!!! [bow]

Must have been on a mission [wink]

Fred

Gun goes off at Gun Show?

Reported this morning by WPRI 12 - Loaded gun under dealer table goes off

Just updated by channel 12 - The show was in Arizona

Last edited:
Gun shows are more of a social event than they are a chance to find anything good. If you actually find something you want it is kinda like winning an $8 scratch ticket or something. [laugh]
-Mike

Ding, Ding! We have a winner!

Likewise for me it's a success if I see other folks I know (or meet new folks) and get a chance to chat with them about guns, etc. As an example, yesterday I ran into someone I met at my first NEShooters class (taught by Jim Crews) back in 2004 . . . I hadn't seen Doug in probably 3 years. I also got to catch up with many other folks, met Milsurps Father, etc.

Sorry about that!!!

Did not do it on purpose!!! [bow]

Must have been on a mission [wink]

Fred

Fred, you're forgiven, just don't let it happen again! [laugh]

Was that the Marlboro show? More details please! We were there from 0900 to 1715 and didn't hear or see anything that we'd attribute to a ND and the ensuing chaos that would result.

I was there from 7 a.m to well after 5 p.m. and no "shots fired". Maybe another show in R.I.
As to wearing NES apparel...I will be wearing my NES shirt today...I just hope nobody posts something like last time saying the dealer wearing the NES shirt had high prices etc...I am not the owner..just work there to support my hobby....or is it an addiction[wink]

Agreed, no ND's between 9:30 and 11:30....

I expected high ammo prices, but wow... The NY guys were charging about the same amount (~ $350 ? ) for a case of 9mm as for a case of 5.56mm. [shocked]

And as usual there was all sorts of Mass. prohbibited stuff - new hi-cap mags, new Glocks, M&P45c, etc. Caveat Emptor [wink]

Last edited:

Just updated by channel 12 - The show was in Arizona

I'll be there today. Don't know what i'll be wearing. I look like every other 55 year old guy there. I don't smell bad. I don't wear a hat.

Make sure to stop me and say hi!!!

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Actually I do hope to meet some of the NES family today!

Rich

I was there from 7 a.m to well after 5 p.m. and no "shots fired". Maybe another show in R.I.
As to wearing NES apparel...I will be wearing my NES shirt today...I just hope nobody posts something like last time saying the dealer wearing the NES shirt had high prices etc...I am not the owner..just work there to support my hobby....or is it an addiction[wink]

I saw you today. . . You were talking to someone so I didn't get to say hello.

Also does Stoney Acres have regular hours? I live about 10 minutes away but have never been. (I drove by once and they were closed)

We just left. The kids got some toys, and it's always a good day when the kids are happy. We had the pleasure of meeting Blitz1 too, what else could anyone ask for?? Lol

I got there tody @10:30. Crowd was managable. Glock guy was back. I won't go near his booth since he sold me a LE only mag right afer the sunset. My bad, as I should have known he was full of it.

Didn't see any deals on anything so left with some jerky a glock speed loader and a pocketknife.

There was some poweder there. Even saw a 8lb Win231 for a good price. Didn't inquire as it had tape over the cover. I get spooked easily.

I probably saw some NES'ers but I continue to be stealthy. Had a long conversation with John from Remsport. Mostly about something he has been doing for me.

I didn't notice much Body odor bu man some people with really bad breath were breathing on me.

Hi all,

I was there yesterday afternoon from about 13:00 until about 15:30. It was my first show & for me it was a good experience. Seeing all the different models made it easy to try out a few handguns. It was a learning experience regarding prices & policies with each of the different dealers. I did end up making a purchase that I'm happy with. [grin]

I got there tody @10:30. Crowd was managable. Glock guy was back. I won't go near his booth since he sold me a LE only mag right afer the sunset. My bad, as I should have known he was full of it.

I wonder if this was the same guy who did that to me? Did he put a sticker right over the LE/GOV statement on the back of the mag?

I got there about 11:30, no line, got right in. It wasn't nearly as crowded as it was the last few times I went. That's good for me, I walk slow and require some elbow room. [wink]
My list of needs was short. Small and Large pistol primers were is short supply. The big ammo vendors were out and I was about to give up when I spotted a guy who had 4 cases on his table. The cases (5 bricks each) were not clearly marked so it was easy to see why everyone else walked by them without realizing what they were. I cringed at the price! $45 a brick! [sad2] But I needed them after all the 9's I shot off at GPP, so I got one brick.
I also got a Luger magazine and dropped $40 at the Beef Jerky table.
I met up with Becka and Rob, but I missed Blitz. So it was a good day after all. [laugh]

I got there about 11:30, no line, got right in. It wasn't nearly as crowded as it was the last few times I went. That's good for me, I walk slow and require some elbow room. [wink]
My list of needs was short. Small and Large pistol primers were is short supply. The big ammo vendors were out and I was about to give up when I spotted a guy who had 4 cases on his table. The cases (5 bricks each) were not clearly marked so it was easy to see why everyone else walked by them without realizing what they were. I cringed at the price! $45 a brick! [sad2] But I needed them after all the 9's I shot off at GPP, so I got one brick.
I also got a Luger magazine and dropped $40 at the Beef Jerky table.
I met up with Becka and Rob, but I missed Blitz. So it was a good day after all. [laugh]

I was standing right behind you less than 2 feet away. [shocked][smile]

I didn't think it was you though, I thought you went yesterday.

Sorry for not saying hi buddy.

Just got home from the show. All I can say is WOW!!!!! I was flat out busy all day. I saw a bunch of folks but couldn't talk much due to sales.
I did score an Indland M1 carbine with three GI mags for a friend for $400. See I don't always buy everything[wink].....however...you knew that was coming, I did score the original 1943 canvas cover from the carbine......did you guys really think I was going to pass on everything.

Picked up my Saiga 12 gauge. The ammo guy from New York, you know Mr. personality, sold me some double odd buck for short money so I bought a case...yes a case....[smile]

I did take a break and walked around and saw more dealers than I want to selling non pre ban everything.....I found a M14 mag and asked if it was pre ban and the dealer assured me it was. I then asked why the mag and the original packing was dated 2008....he said it was a serial number[rofl]

Also found a guy walking around with a rifle sock which was empty but it appeared to have something in it. I inquired....yes I am a pain. He said it was the scope off the rifle which was a Remington 700 tactical. The dealer did not want to give him the extra cash he explained.It was a Leupold tactical with ballistic adjustments for 308. I asked how much.............$200 ....I was about to say sold and I guess he thought I was stalling, Ill take $150 he said...I need the cash....well it has a new home[smile][smile][smile]
I love gun shows don't you[wink]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom