• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlborough gun show with Nazi swastikas and other items.

No...I get it. It's like when I go to the fishing expos that Mass Bass Assoc. Sponsors....and there is a huge display of fly fishing gear and fly tying flies and the hip and chest waders and all the eddie bauer matching clothes and hat and matching line basket....I am like WTF....be a real effing man and paint your face and chest with cammo and dive into that effing river with a knife in your teeth ( if you have any) and have that fish gutted before you break the surface of the water the love of pete.

But I usually just keep that to myself and move on to other things that might interest me.

The things that are disturbing to some people others are not phased by at all. The rebel flag is another good example. If you let a flag or a symbol trigger you you have big issues. There are a lot of people who would find all those scary guns disturbing.

You don't really put the two in the same category, do you???

One represents the Confederacy and has been proudly displayed by people, of all colors, south of Mary-Land for the last 150 years. It was even on top of a car in a prime-time series.

One represents a megalomaniac that tried to take over the world and exterminate an entire race. It's ONLY been displayed (outside of movies, TV and museums) in the intervening 70 years by white supremacists world-wide.

But this is America and I can't STOP the guy from selling what he's selling. But I saw LESS this show. I think I saw the helmet guy and it looked cartoony, IIRC. I've seen guys at Marlboro (mostly on the right side when you walk in) with full-on Nazi booths. How do I know? Pretty sure Hitler didn't have "challenge coins" written in ENGLISH! LOL

OP - ignore them. Or say something derogatory about the sellers mom while walking by. Free speech and all. ;)

Ive got some time/life books of my ww2 vet grandfathers loaded with offensive symbols. Maybe I should invite some of our resident snowflakes over to cut them out...

Don't get the interest in fake shit, but we have a couple real items (1939 clasp to iron cross in it's original box and a uniform patch) that my wife's grandfather brought back from the war. We'll never sell that stuff.

That sounds like very cool piece of history.

Of course, "bring homes" can be carried a little too far:

http://nypost.com/2016/12/03/stolen-nazi-concentration-camp-gate-found-in-norway/

dachau_gate.jpg

(actually, the gate was stolen from the camp in 2014, not '45)

I went to the show today and it was a good time! I've always enjoyed seeing so many toys under one roof. Even picked up a HK 45C. I did notice a lot of Nazi items for sale. I'm not talking about collectibles but helmets with sprayed on swastikas and other disturbing items. I never noticed this before at any gun show. Any feedback on why this was there at all?
Idiot liberals play acting to make gun shows look bad.

And FWIW, I've got a German-made Hi-Power. Nazi marked. Ugly as S-word. Rough as fresh sawn lumber. It was made by concentration camp labor late in the war, just to get arms to the officers as fast as possible. I don't display it with pride of Das Whitepridenast. I keep it in my safe as a historical reminder of the importance of stopping a nut job.

And when we were kids, we'd go to A/N stores (Bananas in Brockton mostly) to pick up old Nazi badges and such while we played Hogan's Heroes. No replica SS knives on sale back then. We always knew the Germans were the bad-guys.

I'll be honest and admit this. I think the Nazis had some classy looking stuff. From their uniforms to there knives and guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Politics and fanaticism aside, the Germans always had superb engineering skills . . . and they still do to this day.

I used to think that as well. But I have been reading a lot about the Russians and how they actually won the engineering race during ww2. Between the tanks, planes, and small arms they made some great stuff. Even their winter uniforms were much superior. Just a lot of good materials made for the simple uneducated folk. No doubt the Germans had good stuff but the Russians were no slouches either

Surprised at the responses in this thread. While yeah, FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM, it's pretty ****ed up that the organizers of a gun show would allow that type of junk to be sold there. Gun owners have enough trouble with image, we really don't need these redneck skinhead fags selling nazi garbage at gun shows thereby forming an association with us. All we need is the media walking through a gun show and seeing all this nazi trash.

Because people like selling junk at gun shows. Years ago you'd find tables of beanie babies next to swastika helmet tables. 3 years ago.it was cheap chinese flashlights.... but never anyone selling soap or deodorant[/QUOTE]

Someone should sell small packs of Vick's at the door, so that those who don't need soap and deodorant can survive the herd that does.

Surprised at the responses in this thread. While yeah, FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM, it's pretty ****ed up that the organizers of a gun show would allow that type of junk to be sold there. Gun owners have enough trouble with image, we really don't need these redneck skinhead fags selling nazi garbage at gun shows thereby forming an association with us. All we need is the media walking through a gun show and seeing all this nazi trash.

Ok so when you go to one of the "militaria" shows that do not have guns is it OK to display all the military uniforms, pins, medals, flags , books and all the other history?
I like the fact that I can see the uniforms of the past of both out allies and our enemies.
I find it very interesting. I also find it odd we can single out one war power for some how being worse than the others. Russia, China, Japan and many others where just as quilty of slaughtering the other side or the ones that do not belong.
Funny the Japanese do not get as much flak for slaughtering many through out the south pacific? Maybe because the japs did not broadcast it as openly and maybe to lesser degree was not directed at one particular group?
I'm for the constitution and the freedoms it is supposed to give.
Not to long ago a Jewish layer defended a US Nazi group to thier right to free speech.
We have to keep that fine line of free speech and who wants to listen and forcing that speech and actions on those that do not want to heat it.

So, a bit off topic but not by much. My Dad has a Nazi dagger that he brought with him from the old country. The tip is broken off and the nazi symbols removed. We believe that was what was done to the weapons when they surrendered. Can anyone confirm this? Pretty cool piece of history if this is the case.

So, a bit off topic but not by much. My Dad has a Nazi dagger that he brought with him from the old country. The tip is broken off and the nazi symbols removed. We believe that was what was done to the weapons when they surrendered. Can anyone confirm this? Pretty cool piece of history if this is the case.

Not sure how true this is but my grrand mother (english and lived there until 1946) said nothing went to waste for any practical use. Was not unheard of for people to use knifes, vehicles and such of the left overs of war reguardless of origin.
All though many would deface the Nazi/German stuff for fear of being acusused as such.

Last edited:

Ok so when you go to one of the "militaria" shows that do not have guns is it OK to display all the military uniforms, pins, medals, flags , books and all the other history?
I like the fact that I can see the uniforms of the past of both out allies and our enemies.
I find it very interesting. I also find it odd we can single out one war power for some how being worse than the others. Russia, China, Japan and many others where just as quilty of slaughtering the other side or the ones that do not belong.
Funny the Japanese do not get as much flak for slaughtering many through out the south pacific? Maybe because the japs did not broadcast it as openly and maybe to lesser degree was not directed at one particular group?
Not to long ago a Jewish layer defended a US Nazi group to thier right to free speech.
We have to keep that fine line of free speech and who wants to listen and forcing that speech and actions on those that do not want to here it.

Personally I think it's idiotic to have tables selling Nazi crap at a gun show. It's a gun show, not a fashion show. I guess it is the show organizers business who they rent space to, but were it mine I'd send them packing.

A table of guns with other collectibles is very different.

And jerky.

sent from my chimney using smoke signals

Personally I think it's idiotic to have tables selling Nazi crap at a gun show. It's a gun show, not a fashion show. I guess it is the show organizers business who they rent space to, but were it mine I'd send them packing.

And jerky.

could this apply to all the tacticool clothing also?
might as well ban the nazi and german guns while we are at it?

And jerky.

I keep hearing about this jerky. Is it actually good? I do like jerky...

We have to keep that fine line of free speech and who wants to listen and forcing that speech and actions on those that do not want to here it.

I don't know dude, I don't go to that shit. All I'm saying is gun owners don't need to be associated with nazi faggots and gun shows who allow these *******s to have a booth are harming our overall cause.

I'm for the constitution too. I never said the government should ban them. I said the private organizations that run the shows should use better judgement. This isn't a free speech issue at all so stop making shit up.

Back
Top Bottom