• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlborough Show - 1/28-1/29

Is the Marlborough show concealed carry friendly? This may be a silly question, but this will be first time at this show (or any gun show, for that matter).

I have scoured the website, but haven't found the answer info I'm looking for and am hoping someone here can assist.

Clearly my hand-sausages are incompatible with a small touchscreen keyboard. The dates I meant to type in the thread title are 1/28 & 1/29.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

"Officially?" There is a sign and an attendant at the door that proclaims no loaded weapons inside.

You decide if you want to go with the above advice. I assume most do.

I had one of my liberal friends post the sign on FB about checking your firearm commenting on how gun advocates don't trust each other. I didn't have an answer for her.

I had one of my liberal friends post the sign on FB about checking your firearm commenting on how gun advocates don't trust each other. I didn't have an answer for her.

You didn't tell her that stipulation has absolutely nothing to do with "gun owners trusting each other" and is likely a huge, mandatory stipulation of the insurance company that carries the policy for the promoter?

-Mike

You didn't tell her that stipulation has absolutely nothing to do with "gun owners trusting each other" and is likely a huge, mandatory stipulation of the insurance company that carries the policy for the promoter?

-Mike
Or even more likely, the venue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I simple your a ****ing idiot would have done the trick. Or what drgrant posted.

-Mike
Of course. The obvious goes right over my head.
I simple your a ****ing idiot would have done the trick. Or what drgrant posted.
I like the ***king idiot answer.

The only time i answer truthfully is when the police officer is asking you.

when the event staff asks you.. you say no,

if the cop that is posted there happens to ask you.. i leave that up to you..

Have not been to a Marlboro gun show in about 4 years. Are these shows even worth going to as far as deals to be had? I.e . Ammo reloading supply's?

Been longer for me. I haven't been to a gun show since moving from Tennessee.

Anything worth seeing? Or will I be paying my hard earned cash to peruse a selection of pseudo surplus and jerky?

The show can be a good time if you are going to look, with no real expectation of finding anything. I will be there with the Hopkinton Sportsmens / USPSA table.

The problem is that the pricing philosophy for most vendors is "With the hundreds of people here, someone will pay my price". In general, unless you are looking for something like cheap off brand generic M1/AR parts, you will do better at Four Seasons, B&K, GFA or Guns & Gear if you are in the middle of the state.

The show can be a good time if you are going to look, with no real expectation of finding anything. I will be there with the Hopkinton Sportsmens / USPSA table.

The problem is that the pricing philosophy for most vendors is "With the hundreds of people here, someone will pay my price". In general, unless you are looking for something like cheap off brand generic M1/AR parts, you will do better at Four Seasons, B&K, GFA or Guns & Gear if you are in the middle of the state.

Thanks- that's a good frame of mind to have when going to the show. I've never bought a gun at a show but have been to a few over the years.

if I know i'm gonna go all gay and hand over my mags or ccw, why the hell would i even carry there.

walk by and say no.

/thread

⬆️⬆️⬆️.......real badass first sign of confrontation, he wants to start making out with men and then take his guns and go home! What one has to do with the other I don't know. Let's watch the homophobic slurs boys slap shot has feelings too.....

Mostly true but you never know. I have purchased a few guns there over the years including my first 1911 which I paid $200 for.
Another purchase was a Remington 1100 which was also only $200 since the stock was cracked and beat to he!!. I got it for the barreled action as I knew I was going to throw away everything else and build a action shooting gun out of it.

I'll also be there with the Hopkinton crew recruiting for our spring introduction to USPSA class. For anyone who posted in the "Why don't people compete" thread, this is your chance to learn to participate in the action sports and gain confidence.

The last time I went to Marlboro was easily 10+ yrs ago, and they were checking people at the doors with a cop standing at the doors and at the pay (entry) table. Was with a friend and we waited weeks for the show to come up and then again quite a while in line just to get to that point, so when asked if I was carrying I said yes, not wanting to get jammed up by any laws I didn't know about or the cops at the door.

The guy at the table said I'd have to check my weapon at the table and I saw that they were tagging them and just piling them up in boxes. I told him absolutely not, I'm not turning my weapon over to anybody (testing the grounds but also not wanting to deny my friend I was with of the experience). He said I can't enter the show if I don't.

I suggested that I would take my mag out and clear it, and that he could keep the mag at the desk and put the little zip tie thru my pistol but that I would keep control of it. He agreed to that. We got inside and I immediately went into the bathroom, snipped off the zip tie and reloaded with a spare mag in a stall.

A little compromise to keep them off my back and still enjoy the show with my friend, I was ok with that. The show itself I thought afterwards was a complete waste of time. Smelled like a moldy old surplus store, overcrowded, prices were very high and quite a few of the tables we stopped at to look and ask questions the vendors were grumpy, unwavering on cost, and generally not interested in doing anything but sitting in their folding chairs and collecting cash from unsuspecting newbies or panicked buyers.

I understand that's solely our experience but it is what it is. I won't waste my time or money there again.

Last edited:
The last time I went to Marlboro was easily 10+ yrs ago, and they were asking people if they had firearms at the doors with a cop standing at the doors and at the pay (entry) table.

Fixed it for you to reflect reality.

-Mike

I guess you could put it that way, I see it more like "If I can get 1 in 10 people to suck for my overprice I will have made the same amount of profit as I did selling a half dozen of them to a bunch of skinflints". The problem for the bargain hunters is, because of the diversity of the gun buying crowd these days, it's not enthusiast driven anymore. If someone is looking for a specific new, but commodity gun, a gun show probably isn't the best place for that.

I agree with your philosophy though. Every time I found something decent at a show I went in with the idea that I wasn't going to find anything. If someone sets the bar too high they will just go away pissed off at the experience.

-Mike

Thanks- that's a good frame of mind to have when going to the show. I've never bought a gun at a show but have been to a few over the years.

Needles in haystacks. I have actually bought a gun at MRL once. Good gun at a decent price and got the shop to pick up the 6.25% taxes.

Fixed it for you to reflect reality.

-Mike

Correct and thank you. It could be easily misconstrued the way I wrote it as that they were "physically" checking people, that was not what I experienced.

Took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about, and admittedly I was frightened that my ex had somehow hacked your computer and was stalking me just to twist the knife some more.

Once again,
It's a gun show not a gun sale.
Cash is king.
A C&R is valuable to have with you.
A bigger selection than just visiting one local gun shop.
Prices will almost certainly be higher than the larger local gun shops.
They have Jerky

Once again,
It's a gun show not a gun sale.
Cash is king.
A C&R is valuable to have with you.
A bigger selection than just visiting one local gun shop.
Prices will almost certainly be higher than the larger local gun shops.
They have Jerky

Think of it as an overpriced museum gift shop with a jerky snack bar
Dave

If it's anything like the last Marlboro show it will not be worth the money to get in. Last time it was sparsely attended with lots of empty tables, antique junk and few and far between gun tables. It's getting a little cut throat between FFLs in MA as well. Talked with the vendor who was walked out of Marlboro's last show for selling a Glock while at the NH show last weekend and he knows of more then a few FFLs that are not coming back. Doesn't bode well for the show. Was surprised to hear that another FFL demanded he be removed from the show. Not good at all.

If it's anything like the last Marlboro show it will not be worth the money to get in. Last time it was sparsely attended with lots of empty tables, antique junk and few and far between gun tables. It's getting a little cut throat between FFLs in MA as well. Talked with the vendor who was walked out of Marlboro's last show for selling a Glock while at the NH show last weekend and he knows of more then a few FFLs that are not coming back. Doesn't bode well for the show. Was surprised to hear that another FFL demanded he be removed from the show. Not good at all.

I guess there are more than a few rats in this circus.

Back
Top Bottom