Marlborough show

Looks like Sat for me,, probably first thing in the am,,

I very well may. I'll get your contact info towards the end of the week.

I'd like to pick up a decent SKS or Mosin Nagant but I dont know how to pick em and what is over paying.... Hopefully LenS shows up to this one!

Responded to your PM. I'm no expert there and won't be at the show at all. I just buy them and shoot them.

Hit up 50 BMG on the Mosins and SKS-Ray on the SKSs, they are our resident subject matter experts.

Mike, on some occasions, you can find a good buy, but my experience has been that you're more likely to find a lot of brand new guns that they won't mark down. That said, I picked up my RIA 1911 for 300 bucks at a show in braintree years ago.

You just have to be willing to shop around and stick to your budget.

Know what stuff is "supposed" to cost before you go....that way, you can make an informed choice. A dealer that paid X for a gun from the maker will still need X+ to stay in business. They'll not give it away. There may be room on used guns, but, again, they're there to make money.

I've got some good deals, and a few outright scores; and I've been on the other side of the table and had people walk away from me doing the Happy Dance.

No one is there to give stuff away, except, possibly, knowledge. I learn stuff (some useful) every time I go.

I'm going Sunday with markiszx10 and FIL. I liked this show last year, it wasn't really crowded so I could take my time browsing and most importantly, the jerky guy was there :).

I'll be heading over Saturday morning. Never been to one. In general, are there ever any good bargains to be had? I hope to purchase my very first pistol!

Don't buy your first pistol at a gun show. If you have any questions about it the vendor will have little to no time to talk to you about it. (Yes, they get that crowded).,

Most of the show prices on firearms suck anyways. I go more for the accessories, ammo... and the beef jerky... [laugh]

-Mike

Don't buy your first pistol at a gun show. If you have any questions about it the vendor will have little to no time to talk to you about it. (Yes, they get that crowded).,

Most of the show prices on firearms suck anyways. I go more for the accessories, ammo... and the beef jerky... [laugh]

-Mike

Well I have a few I have been looking at and am interested in. The Sig P229 9mm, S&W 1911 Elite .45, S&W Model 41 .22 and the Ruger MKIII .22. I will be happy to come home with a deal on one :)

Well I have a few I have been looking at and am interested in. The Sig P229 9mm, S&W 1911 Elite .45, S&W Model 41 .22 and the Ruger MKIII .22. I will be happy to come home with a deal on one :)

Just make sure you check gunbroker averages for all of them ( and add about $35 for "overhead") before you go, so you will have an idea of whether or not they are anywhere near sanity. You will quickly find that at least 75% of the vendors are basically out of their gourd, a few will at least get you in the ballpark.

-Mike

Just make sure you check gunbroker averages for all of them ( and add about $35 for "overhead") before you go, so you will have an idea of whether or not they are anywhere near sanity. You will quickly find that at least 75% of the vendors are basically out of their gourd, a few will at least get you in the ballpark.

-Mike

Thanks Mike, I'll do that. The show is only a 15 minute drive so not a big deal if I leave empty handed. Worst case I will leave more educated on what to expect.

Silly question.....are we allowed to carry or is it going to be posted not to do so on the front door? Checked the web site and didnt see anything.

Good deals to be had on ammo and long guns? I am heading in to Four Seasons tomorrow to pick up an SR9c and I am wondering if I should stock up on the cheap Blzaer ammo deal they have going on or wait for the show?

Silly question.....are we allowed to carry or is it going to be posted not to do so on the front door? Checked the web site and didnt see anything.

There is a sign and an unloading bucket, and they cable tie you gun so you won't hurt yourself. They also demand you leave your ammo with them.

The one thing that pissed me off the last time I was there is that there's NO Wi-fi in there - so if I wanted to bring an iPad or even check prices via my blackberry, it was impossible. I'm thinking of going again, but this time, Im going to do my research in advance -- if Im really lucky, someone will trade ammo....

Back
Top Bottom