Marlborough show

I don't know how the Blue Book comes up with their prices but I've seen rifles of the same type sell for several hundred dollars difference on GB.
There is a member on the SKS boards that gives a monthly run down of prices and what rifles went for that month. Its definitely proof that there are some bat shit crazy people out there on the auction sites: http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=85714.0

Ray, I still disagree. It doesn't matter why people are paying the price they pay, the fact is that they still pay it. No matter what you're selling a car, baseball card, gun, hookers, whatever, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay. During the Obama scare people were paying $700 and up for wasr-10's, book value was almost half of that. GB had true market value were the book value at the time was null and void.

+1 , it's always what the market will bear. If folks just stopped paying the stupid show prices . Maybe some of these dealers will figure out that they'll have to price their wares more realistically or they won't sell.

I respectfully disagree. Book value is well, book value. Just because a book says it's worth "x" amount doesn't mean you will get it. You could possibly get more or less than that. Using the closed auctions search option on GB shows up to date true market value of what people have bought and sold guns for.

I have to actually disagree with this because I've seen a lot of stupid people bid on Gun Broker and Auction Arms. The phrase "There's a sucker born every minute" applies to auction sites. Most over priced auctions end with either the I've got to have it guy or the I have no idea what its worth and I'll pay whatever guy. This notoriously drives up prices every day.

"A sale occurs when someone wants something more than they want the money it takes to buy it." Zig Ziglar

Overpriced auctions occur when the "demand" exceeds the "supply". The fact that a "sucker" "drives up the price", just means they wanted it more than the rest of us wanted the sum of money they were willing to pay.

No individual item has any value in and of itself, that is determined by what someone is willing to pay for it, or the minimum amount someone is willing to part with it for, and each of those "values" might be different.

I am reminded of the time a friend of mine read an article in the paper stating that some work of art had recently sold for $1,600,000. His friend leaned over and looked at the photo of the item sold and declared "That painting isn't worth 1.6 million", to which my friend replied "Apparently it is, because somebody paid it."

Anyone know who this dealer was?
If you walked straight back from the entrance, towards the back (north assuming the entrance was on the south) wall. He was on the left side of the isle just before you got to the dealers along the back wall. He was selling AR stuff and handguns from some really tall glass cases on wheels. He had Bushmaster LPK's for $55 and Stag blem lowers for $95.
I'm looking to contact them for more stuff.

I believe they are based out of agawam, and they are a fairly new shop.

Back
Top Bottom