• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maryland Governor Loosens Concealed Carry Law, Spurs Demand For Gun Permits

Reptile

NES Member
Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan relaxed the state's rules for obtaining a concealed handgun permit following the U.S. Supreme Court decision. The action spurred a surge in Marylanders seeking concealed carry classes -- with some gun stores that offer firearms training saying classes are booked for the rest of the year.

On Tuesday, Hogan directed the Maryland State Police to suspend the "substantial reason" provision in the state rules for receiving a concealed-carry permit. Applicants must only provide a copy of their driver's license, background check, fingerprints, and firearms training certificate for approval.

Continues...

The SCOTUS decision is working already. I talked to my brother in NEW JERSEY (of all places) who just went for his live fire requirement today and passed. He now has to turn his stamped, notarized certificate into the police department for whatever the next step is.
My point is that before the recent SCOTUS decision, this process would not even have been dreamed of in NJ. We'll see how far he is able to go.

FWIW, Hogan is term-limited as governor of Maryland. He just dipped his toes in the NH water as a POTUS candidate, but he will never get anywhere close to the nomination, let alone the office.

He's a decent guy as a Republican governor of a Democratic state, but he has less of a chance than Christie.

FWIW, Hogan is term-limited as governor of Maryland. He just dipped his toes in the NH water as a POTUS candidate, but he will never get anywhere close to the nomination, let alone the office.

He's a decent guy as a Republican governor of a Democratic state, but he has less of a chance than Christie.
cause Christie has that certain, je ne sais quois, maybe it's his Camel Toe.

Attachments

• 20220713_010306.jpg
    20220713_010306.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom