Maryland gun store looted on Black Friday, thieves allegedly took 'long guns'

Reptile

NES Member

Maryland police say a car crashed into the store in Rockville, just outside Washington, D.C.​

Police in Maryland are investigating after multiple people allegedly broke into a gun store and left with "long guns."

The incident happened on early Friday morning at around 1 a.m. when the at least five suspects allegedly broke into Atlantic Guns in Rockville, Maryland, the Montgomery County Police Department told FOX 5.

Police said that a black sedan crashed into the gun shop and the alleged thieves entered the store, taking "long guns."

I love long guns! 😍
Probably easier pickings. Once, I was at G&S North when they were still in Lawrence, just before closing. I watched Dave and Robert carefully wrap all of the handguns in silicone cloths, arrange them neatly in plastic milk crates and then locked them in a safe at the back of the store. The rifles and shotguns were left in the rack behind the counter. They would be much easier to grab during a burglary.

You would think gun stores would have the steel curtains to cover all that glass when store is closed, or NOT have glass windows for the entire store front. Just like the Apple Store drive through, I am surprised all the strip malls don't have bollards to keep vehicles out of stores. I don't know if Apple just installed new bollards or the strip mall company did, but all stores should have them now.

Probably easier pickings. Once, I was at G&S North when they were still in Lawrence, just before closing. I watched Dave and Robert carefully wrap all of the handguns in silicone cloths, arrange them neatly in plastic milk crates and then locked them in a safe at the back of the store. The rifles and shotguns were left in the rack behind the counter. They would be much easier to grab during a burglary.
True... but you can fit a shipload of handguns in a hockey bag... 🤔

My guess is they came to the realization that a pistol is for shooting your way to your rifle...

If they went for AR platforms, they can strip the uppers and parts off the lowers, build them back up on 80% or printed lowers, making the final product a little harder to trace. Or just sell the parts.

Just trying to think of a reason they went long.

I can see the ads writing themselves already:

For sale, MD compliant AR with barely 50 rounds on it. Used mainly for drive bys in Baltimore. Looking to upgrade is reason for selling. Serial number is missing but we can decide on a new one at time of sale. Can be easily converted to MA compliance. All laws followed.

See in person, ask for Shorty.

Anyone else notice the "long gun" term being used more in news articles rather than "assault rifle"

Tinfoil hat part of me does not like the shift. Maybe getting ready for a semi-auto ban.

Back
Top Bottom