• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maryland takes a pi** on the 2A

I'd love to actually have some weapons of war, auto weapons and destructive devices

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

All democrats on the 4th circuit most were appointed by Obama. I'm just glad that Trump is here to restore some sanity to the courts.

Hopefully, Judge Traxler's dissent is significant if/when this goes to SCOTUS with Gorsuch on board. Although who knows what he would say, but it's still better than a HRC appointment on SCOTUS!

[FONT=&quot]Judge William Traxler issued a dissent. By concluding the Second Amendment doesn't even apply, Traxler wrote, the majority "has gone to greater lengths than any other court to eviscerate the constitutionally guaranteed right to keep and bear arms." He also wrote that the court did not apply a strict enough review on the constitutionality of the law.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"For a law-abiding citizen who, for whatever reason, chooses to protect his home with a semi-automatic rifle instead of a semi-automatic handgun, Maryland's law clearly imposes a significant burden on the exercise of the right to arm oneself at home, and it should at least be subject to strict scrutiny review before it is allowed to stand," Traxler wrote.[/FONT]

Funny a rock was considered a weapon of war and years ago it was used as one!
Ban rocks![rofl]

This will stop murderers how!

When the great Muslim revolution takes over the whole world I wonder if they will follow such laws?

So much fail in our politicians!

They weaken a whole nation with such foolish laws they think will make themselves somehow safer.
All without realizing no one follows such laws if they intend to kill or murder someone!

How is this working out for France and other nations with their terrorist problems!
...It's not!

Last edited:
"Weapons of war," if one is even to accept such a hyperbolic phrase, are EXACTLY what the 2A was intended to protect.

This^^^. Threatening "the Security of a Free State" requires some sort of War as a response.

EDIT

Bring it, Gorsuch is on the Court.

Last edited:
It's time to IGNORE gun laws - how are you going to keep up with or stay in compliance with laws that change on a whim. Then when they do change, they use your compliance against you.

If they decide to go after you, you are already screwed anyway, don't plead out, don't waive any reading of hearing - make them choke.

Boy, they are going to be in trouble when they figure out most bows and arrows these days are better than the ones the English used in medieval times.[rofl]

Wait till they are slaughtered like sheep..

Then what, they will conscript the poor to defend the ones that caused all this!

F-that noise!

Last edited:
It sickens me when people mention Newtown in the same breath as they do "gun control". Newtown was the clearest illustration of the mental health system's failings. I'm sorry that we don't have a cure for people like Lanza or the young man who was killed in Portland, ME this past weekend (earlier post). But I am 100% not sorry if we have to institutionalize people like them or what the effect of doing so would have on those that loved them.

It sickens me when people mention Newtown in the same breath as they do "gun control". Newtown was the clearest illustration of the mental health system's failings. I'm sorry that we don't have a cure for people like Lanza or the young man who was killed in Portland, ME this past weekend (earlier post). But I am 100% not sorry if we have to institutionalize people like them or what the effect of doing so would have on those that loved them.

The touchy feely liberals are why the "insane asylums" were shut down.

"In a separate concurring opinion, Judge J. Harvie Wilkinson III said state governments — not the courts — have long been responsible for the safety of residents"

Tell me how well that's working out for the law-abiding citizens.

I grew up in Maryland, left there at 17 to go to school in Connecticut, but I still have some family and friends in Maryland. I pay some attention to the gun laws there as I still visit. It's one of the very few states on the East Coast that I can't legally carry a firearm in. My friends there tel me it's very difficult to get a permit as a resident.

Back
Top Bottom