• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mask mandate, fog on shooting glasses.

Mask causes my shooting glasses to fog over. With the new mask mandate I guess it's no shooting. I don't know for sure, but my range will probably enforce it this time. I do have anti fog glasses but it's no help.

Mask causes my shooting glasses to fog over. With the new mask mandate I guess it's no shooting. I don't know for sure, but my range will probably enforce it this time. I do have anti fog glasses but it's no help.
your medically exempt aren't you? that's all you gotta say. there is still exemption for medical conditions, and they can't ask for proof unless it is your employer it's written right in the governor's mandate

I use Cat Crap anti fog.

I have to wear a mask while I work, and I wear glasses. I have found the Outdoor Research masks to be excellent for all day use talking continuously.
Also I have worn it for a USPSA match that required masks, and it was a non-issue.

My lord, this chin diaper crap is just ridiculous. I felt so bad for an older fellow at the range who was having trouble breathing with the stupid thing on I told him to take a step back and take it off. The poor guy felt he was doing the right thing. :(

I have as part of the job. It's lame. It also doesn't fog up like regular eye pro does when wearing a scamdemic mask. I've also done that as part of the job.
Me too. Many times.
Point is, shooting with a mask is going to be a lot easier than in MOPP4. Can't shoot because of a mask? Gimme a break.

COVID can kill you, a gun malf will just blind you.
The choice is clear--wear the mask, skip the eye pro.
That's BS. The statistics are clear. For anyone under 80 who is reasonably healthy, the Chinese virus ranges from no symptoms to a short, moderately unpleasant case of the flu. For a vanishingly small number of people who have weird immune systems, the virus can be dangerous if an immune over-reaction occurs. If you have enough co-morbidities to be vulnerable to the virus, you'll want to protect yourself. But that's no reason to impose fascist constraints on everybody else. I'm sick and damn tired of arrogant politicians and bureaucrats testing the limits of their power and I wish more people would tell them to EABOD and eschew the mask as I do every day. Masks have become a membership badge for Democrats and a symbol of sheepish submission for those who obey.

Are there people within 6 feet of you at the firing line?

If not, remove your mask.

Not sure how cat crap will fix a fogged up mask.

I tried using my dogs crap and it only smeared it up and had a bad smell.

Are there people within 6 feet of you at the firing line?

If not, remove your mask.

Not sure how cat crap will fix a fogged up mask.

I tried using my dogs crap and it only smeared it up and had a bad smell.

You need to moisten it with saliva after you apply it. No hands!

Back
Top Bottom