Mass - Adjustable Stock on a Non Assault Rifle

I have a question on the ability to legally use an adjustable/telescoping stock on a MP-15 22 rimfire rifle.

Under MA Rules the MP-15 22 seems to be categorized as a non-assault rifle since it is a 22 rimfire.

My MP-15 22 currently has an adjustable stock however it is pinned...

Unfortunately the stock needs to be shortened to fit my wife's anatomy then extended for me. This would require two pin points...

In Mass since a 22 caliber rimfire rifle is NOT considered to be an assault rifle am I legally able to remove the pin in the stock to allow the stock to
be adjusted to fit either of us?

Upon review Mass Firearm rules I found the following relevant points:

* An assault weapon is defined as a semiautomatic, CENTERFIRE rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any two of the following:
* A pistol grip that protrudes beneath the action of the weapon
* A folding or telescoping stock

* Categories of weapons that are not copies or duplicates of Assault Weapons?
* Any .17 or .22 caliber rifle

Read MGL not press conferences and guidance from a anti freedom politician. The only place caliber comes into play in MGL for gun laws (not talking hunting stuff) is around 22LR tubular magazines by definition not being large capacity. There is no 22LR exemption to the AWB regardless of what was said at a press conference and published on a MA.GOV website.

For reference here is a link to the Mass.gov page that seems to indicate that a 22LR rimfire is NOT considered an AW.

We dont need a link to the AG page where she rambles on about crap that is inconsistent with MGL. Read what she said then go read MGL chap 140 secs 121-131x and you will realize she made up stuff out of thin air. You are free to follow her "guidance" all you want, but 22LR is still subject to the AWB per MGL

Here are a couple ways to make your stock adjustable and still abide by AWB. If you jump to about 8 minutes you can still adjust your stock with using just a nail.

View: https://youtu.be/lRDa--XWLaw

Very interesting approach - thanks for sharing this...
Looks like a fairly simple way to allow the stock to be adjusted using a "tool" yet remain compliant if the gun is inspected since the stock will not move/adjust under normal usage without a "tool"...

Given the possible confusion around this I also appreciate the responses from the folks that point out that unfortunately .22LR rimfire guns can definitely be AWs per MGL.

Thanks everyone...

My MP-15 22 ... stock needs to be shortened to fit my wife's anatomy then extended for me.
Extended by how much?

Put a removable pad on the butt.

Amazon product ASIN B00D65DDDC=====

On our next episode of NES Dumbass Government Dumbassery:
Marsha publishes an interoffice memo
outlawing shooting jackets with shoulder padding.

Back
Top Bottom