• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass AK thread.

btnh6668

NES Member
So i am possibly looking for another ak or rifles that shoot either 7.62x39 or 5.45x39. Discounting the obvious Norinco's, i know there are a limited egyptian and hungarian models as well. Ive seen the M&M rifles that take ak mags but they seem to be problematic. Vepr's and saiga's are non existant. The few that are available are 2000+. Way to much to pay for an unconverted ak. I would love to get an arsenal but the few left in state are more than im willing to pay. With that said any other rifles come to mind that can be easily obtained in this shit hole state?

Just make sure it’s pre healey... 🤣

She's the attorney general. She isn't a legislator. She doesn't get to arbitrarily re-interpret what is classified by Congress and as such, Massachusetts lawmakers, as an "assault weapon". Congress decided which cosmetic "evil features" make an assault weapon (collapsible stock, bayo lug, flash hider) in addition to a pistol grip and detachable magazine. A rifle devoid of such features is by lawmakers' own definition, NOT an "assault weapon" regardless of what a non-legislator says. I'm sick of this pre-Healey shit and anyone that wants to take her office to court over this should she threaten enforcement of her "enforcement notice" should. She would lose, which she knows, which is why she said she wouldn't choose to prosecute anyone over it. This was a low-energy political stunt on her part, plain and simple. Enough of the pre-Healey nonsense. There is no such thing.

I actually looked into it but heard its very inconsistent with surplus mags. That is my only turnoff. Do you have any personal experience with them?
Nope. But how hard it mag compatibility? They're crude AK mags. I'm sure a few won't work but most certainly will. I've shaved off rear lug material to make it fit my KS47, and they still work in a regular AK.

Classifieds or find a dealer with a set of balls.

believe me ive tried to find someone for some time. I was able to find ffl to bring me in thumbhole vepr's in 308 and 54r (which i am grateful for) but that's as much as i have been able to find. Feel free to throw me a PM if you have a lead.

I bought a M10x and it was pretty disappointing (pos IMO)

I bought multiple AKs (modern) from the classifieds here and they all function well.
Of course the prices are inflated.

I bought a couple Pre bans from dealers and they function as expected.

if you want an AK I suggest just buy an AK.

on the pre ban mag things. They vary in size. It really only matters on my milled Pre ban. Probably matters on the AK copies as well

Nope. But how hard it mag compatibility? They're crude AK mags. I'm sure a few won't work but most certainly will. I've shaved off rear lug material to make it fit my KS47, and they still work in a regular AK.
How do you like the KS47?

I bought multiple AKs (modern) from the classifieds here and they all function well.

I have two norinco's in 7.62 and one in 5.45. Just looking for something different since we are limited here.

I've talked at least 5-6 people out of those based on the sheer amount of information available saying that hot trash.
How do you like the KS47?
It's fantastic and I recommend them over the CMMG Mutant and have made that recommendation to multiple people now.

I've talked at least 5-6 people out of those based on the sheer amount of information available saying that hot trash.

It's fantastic and I recommend them over the CMMG Mutant and have made that recommendation to multiple people now.
Great. I know inventory on those are pretty scarce but at least its something to get me thinking.

Many will flame me for this. But I built a couple of AR’s that run AK food and love them. If you don’t mind playing by federal rules and pure MGL not the Healy BS, you can build something for under $1000 EASY including mags.
That would be great assuming the OP doesn't care about using postban mags.

The old stuff is basically garbage.

An AR in 545 x 39 was interesting idea back when that stuff was dirt dirt cheap.....

So i am possibly looking for another ak or rifles that shoot either 7.62x39 or 5.45x39. Discounting the obvious Norinco's, i know there are a limited egyptian and hungarian models as well. Ive seen the M&M rifles that take ak mags but they seem to be problematic. Vepr's and saiga's are non existant. The few that are available are 2000+. Way to much to pay for an unconverted ak. I would love to get an arsenal but the few left in state are more than im willing to pay. With that said any other rifles come to mind that can be easily obtained in this shit hole state?
If you're not willing to drop coin you're pretty much going to get f***** on this. Even outside of this s*** hole a cheap AK is like 800 bucks now for a WASR. A good wall hack is to find a Mak 90 out of state where you don't have to pay a rape price for it..... but even those are going up.

+1 to build or having a parts kit built built by a gunsmith. 5.45 is essentially a C&R cartridge these days because the only countries using it are Russia (import ban), Belarus, and North Korea (LOL). The PSA-74s are issue prone:

AK47's - Who makes the best one and why?

So, if you want something in 5.45, build one or have it built.

Regarding 7.62x39 "substitutes", I just don't see the point. There's plenty of parts kits out there for 7.62x39, too. Or you can source domestic or imported parts for a more modern build. All depends on what your expectations for a gun are.

There's also the Mini-Mausers in cartridges like 7.62x39, .223, 6.5 Grendel, and .22 Hornet - Zastava M85 bolt action/Interarms Mark X/Charles Daly and CZ 527. I have a Century-imported 7.62x39 M85 and its a nice gun. I'd like to also get an Interarms-import in .223, as well.

If he has a gun built though he's going to go past 2 Grand in basically a 10 milliseconds.... lol. So now he's back at the original problem.

If he has a gun built though he's going to go past 2 Grand in basically a 10 milliseconds.... lol. So now he's back at the original problem.

Not necessarily. He's going to need (1) the parts or a kit; (2) the receiver; (3) 922(r) parts if he or a gunsmith cares; and (4) gunsmithing if applicable.

Atlantic Firearms and Arms of America have consistently been getting Slovakian 7.62x39 AK kits in recently for around $500:

KOLARMS KAM-17 Gen 2 - Slovakian AK47 Rifle Parts Kit - ULTIMATE DO IT YOURSELF KIT!

A receiver's going to be $100-200. Tack on $250 for cheap 922(r) parts. Then say $250 for gunsmithing. Looking at $1200 spread out over the course of the build.

Are there really smith's that will put an AK together for 250 bucks? I kind of doubt that..... if they were that cheap then nobody would bother building them themselves.

Back
Top Bottom