• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass AWB’s days are numbered

Romney was governor in 2016? Did I hear that right? Where the f*** was I?
Indeed. He's off by quite a bit.

But it was made permanent by Romney
That may be, but he was out of office in 2007. Baker was governor in 2016.

You wonder how much better the last few years would have been had Baker's spine not collapsed like overcooked linguine in the face of an upper respiratory virus. Once he got the ball rolling, other states felt they had free rein to join in.

Indeed. He's off by quite a bit.

That may be, but he was out of office in 2007. Baker was governor in 2016.

You wonder how much better the last few years would have been had Baker's spine not collapsed like overcooked linguine in the face of an upper respiratory virus. Once he got the ball rolling, other states felt they had free rein to join in.
The Mass AWB was going to be renewed with or without Romney so he could have vetoed it stating that fact.
And Baker never had a spine to collapse

When this case first came up in court I wrote those guys at NAGR a nice big check and thanked them for stepping up. Let's at least put these a*holes on the record. I am chomping at the bit to read the MA defense on this law because I am going to splatter their nonsense defense all over twitter. The left is going to have to really argue and any nonsense will be exposed. I personally guarantee it. No more free passes for the anti civil rights left.

It looks like the NAGR's just hate Romney - they spent their press release just slamming him and the MA laws are secondary to that. LOL

What was the position of GOAL with that legislation, where they against it?
I think there was a quote that seemed a little pessimistic...not sure if there is an official stance.

Struck me as a little odd that this group I've never heard of is fighting on our behaf.

I’ve been checkin every evening but the cows haven’t come home yet nor the chickens to their roost 🤷‍♂️

Just FYI, GOAL doesn’t support NAGR. GOAL doesn’t believe in being a “no compromise” organization as they believe it does more harm than good here in MA. They also don’t agree with filing a lawsuit against the AWB so soon after Bruen because they think that there’s plenty of AWB cases across the country, one of them is bound to hit SCOTUS sooner or later. No need to spend thousands of dollars on legal fees for no reason.

Just FYI, GOAL doesn’t support NAGR. GOAL doesn’t believe in being a “no compromise” organization as they believe it does more harm than good here in MA. They also don’t agree with filing a lawsuit against the AWB so soon after Bruen because they think that there’s plenty of AWB cases across the country, one of them is bound to hit SCOTUS sooner or later. No need to spend thousands of dollars on legal fees for no reason.

So what does GOAL believe in then? Sitting on their asses, waiting for the world to change?

Last edited:

It's ideal to have multiple cases going. If we win somewhere else, that leaves two possibilities: 1) We also win here. 2)
We lose here, putting 2 federal circuits in disagreement, which, by custom, forces SCOTUS to take the case.

The goal should be to get this to SCOTUS ASAP before someone tries to stack the court or, I mean, Clarence Thomas is getting a bit old...

GOAL has often struck me as far too willing to accept being on the wrong side of "What's mine is mine, what's yours is negotiable", typically by bleating how much worse things could have been.

So what does GOAL believe in then? Sitting on their asses, waiting for the world to change?
What’s interesting to me is that GOAL puts out this post after Bruen talking about how they’re not gonna challenge the MA AWB because they don’t want to waste money, but then here they go and donate $10,000 to help fund the legal challenges of Boland v. Bonta & Antonyuk v. Nigrelli, two cases that won’t even affect MA at all unless they get to SCOTUS. Seems like they should be sending that money to Comm2A instead to help fight the inevitable Bruen response bill that we all know the legislature is currently working on. We need to get the same injunctions NJ & NY had.

Back
Top Bottom