Mass AWB’s days are numbered

I've interacted with GOAL several times and they have been fantastic. But you know in this state, the dems will telegraph their intentions to the wino moms demanding action and they give the rest of us plebes a 5 minute notice. A lot of times GOAL gets short circuited by our legislators. They've been very good at sort of keeping the kettle from boiling over especially since we have some world class weirdo legislators in this state. Jim Wallace is the real deal.

Please explain.
Simple!
Maura Healy is a political animal. She's also smart and very ambitious. She does not do anything unless it improves her political standing.
She was never interested in "upholding the law" or banning guns. The only reason she made those "proclamations" in 2015 is because she wanted to get the job of the head of the Justice Department in HRC's cabinet, once she became the president. When HRC bombed, instead of going down with the ship "HMS Hillary", Maura regrouped and started positioning herself for the gubernatorial job. Historically, state governors have far better chances of becoming president of the United States than any other position(Bush Jr., Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, etc.)
The other reason why her office never prosecuted anyone using the "new" interpretation is that it would result in a lawsuit that would overturn MA AWB which would be the mark of death on her political career. No prosecutor wants to have their name be on a case that goes to the SCOTUS and loses.

with the D makeup of both the state senate and state house of reps.. and now a D gov.... I think we're lucky we're not the worst state in the Union for gun rights. I think we all know, that if there was any way they COULD ban everything, they would.

I thank GOAL for at least trying to keep some sanity in the state house..

I said it was ONE OF THE WORST... Not THE WORST... Reading comprehension... work on it... I stand by my statement. If GOAL's efficacy is measured by its impact on the laws here, then one can only conclude they are highly ineffective.
Comprehension is only useful when there is Precision. Ambiguity results in Interpretation, not Comprehension. "One of the worst" could mean "worst of the bottom 5" or it could be "one of the bottom 50", which would be asinine. Your statement was SO vague and imprecise, it left interpretation to the reader. I interpreted the way I saw fit. You should have been precise with your language, sir.

Additionally, I think your knowledge of what GOAL does is one of utter ignorance. Go learn some history of GOAL and what they've done in MA. Perhaps your "reading comprehension" can help

Last edited:
I appreciate this guys confidence and his reasoning make sense....but most of us Ma**h***s are pretty sure if there is a way for the powers to be to f@ck us, they will find it regardless of Heller, Bruen or whatever else u want to throw at them.

Hope I'm wrong.

If it gets tossed the legislature will give us something worse. I’ll go shopping in between.

remember.. GOAL is the lobbying organization.. Comm2A is the lawsuit organization..
one tries to stop shit laws from being enacted
the other fights shit laws that have already been enacted.
... and we have no organization working as a PAC, to PREVENT the bad laws in the first place. THERE is the real problem.

... and we have no organization working as a PAC, to PREVENT the bad laws in the first place. THERE is the real problem.

Well, that's what lobbying is: shooting down or modifying legislation before it gets passed. GOAL actually has a decent track record over time, by MA standards.

When you say PAC, I assume you mean a pro-2A org that funds candidates for election? The NRA has a PAC that functions that way, but they don't prioritize MA and I don't blame them.

Well, that's what lobbying is: shooting down or modifying legislation before it gets passed. GOAL actually has a decent track record over time, by MA standards.

When you say PAC, I assume you mean a pro-2A org that funds candidates for election? The NRA has a PAC that functions that way, but they don't prioritize MA and I don't blame them.
Yes, I meant to prevent it by getting the right people in office.

Yes, I meant to prevent it by getting the right people in office.

I'm sure the NRA's PAC views us as a lost cause. Just like much (if not most) of NES.

I assume their thought process goes like this: if they're interested in helping MA, which they probably are because of the propaganda value of Lexington and Concord, what's the best bang for the NRA's buck: running pro-2A candidates who are unlikely to win, or funding Bruen?

The latter is what they did, and as slow as it is? The other way would have been slower. You're talking decades to change the political culture in MA, then repeal all the laws? Meanwhile, they'd be funding similar candidates in NJ, IL, CA, etc?

Why do that, when you can leap on the chance of a friendly SCOTUS and get Bruen decided, with national significance in one fell swoop for all those states? That's a no-brainer for them, funding-wise.

Didn't we have a few years back something like 4 cases in the first circuit that SCOTUS refused to hear? Those cases did have support from NRA.

I suspect when looking for cases to take to the SCOTUS, orgs like NRA, SAF, and GOA look at which circuit will be most effective, visible, have sympathetic judges, and have laws that most egregious. CA is by far the cornucopia of bad laws like AWB(worse than ours), standard capacity bans(just like us), waiting periods(we don't have those), etc. It would seem more efficient to file multiple lawsuits in one circuit than in multiple. Instead of figuring out and fighting multiple beurocracies, judges, panels, etc, these organizations focus on cases rather than navigate different rules that each circuit has.

Regarding NRA not being front and center in all these cases: keep in mind that they are currently fighting lawsuits themselves. Imagine NRA being the main petitioner or a contributor of opinions and briefs. Now imagine they lose the lawsuit against them. All the cases would get dismissed for NRA being the "bad actor". It is far better for other organizations lead the fight and NRA to contribute money only.

Simple!
Maura Healy is a political animal. She's also smart and very ambitious. She does not do anything unless it improves her political standing.
She was never interested in "upholding the law" or banning guns. The only reason she made those "proclamations" in 2015 is because she wanted to get the job of the head of the Justice Department in HRC's cabinet, once she became the president. When HRC bombed, instead of going down with the ship "HMS Hillary", Maura regrouped and started positioning herself for the gubernatorial job. Historically, state governors have far better chances of becoming president of the United States than any other position(Bush Jr., Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, etc.)
The other reason why her office never prosecuted anyone using the "new" interpretation is that it would result in a lawsuit that would overturn MA AWB which would be the mark of death on her political career. No prosecutor wants to have their name be on a case that goes to the SCOTUS and loses.
You are 100% right on this!!!!!!!!

Didn't we have a few years back something like 4 cases in the first circuit that SCOTUS refused to hear? Those cases did have support from NRA.

I suspect when looking for cases to take to the SCOTUS, orgs like NRA, SAF, and GOA look at which circuit will be most effective, visible, have sympathetic judges, and have laws that most egregious. CA is by far the cornucopia of bad laws like AWB(worse than ours), standard capacity bans(just like us), waiting periods(we don't have those), etc. It would seem more efficient to file multiple lawsuits in one circuit than in multiple. Instead of figuring out and fighting multiple beurocracies, judges, panels, etc, these organizations focus on cases rather than navigate different rules that each circuit has.

Regarding NRA not being front and center in all these cases: keep in mind that they are currently fighting lawsuits themselves. Imagine NRA being the main petitioner or a contributor of opinions and briefs. Now imagine they lose the lawsuit against them. All the cases would get dismissed for NRA being the "bad actor". It is far better for other organizations lead the fight and NRA to contribute money only.
The NRA have always been willing to compromise and give up rights. Maybe they’re changing, maybe not. But I can say until they clear out their C-suite, I’m not donating a dime to them.

remember.. GOAL is the lobbying organization.. Comm2A is the lawsuit organization..

one tries to stop shit laws from being enacted
the other fights shit laws that have already been enacted.
These our our problems. This is all we have here
COMM2A is a complete JOKE
AS IS GOAL
these organizations take our money and get NOTHING DONE!
After I saw the light with COMM2A I stopped donating to them.
And I think goal got my last three year, when that runs up, never again.
GOA maybe. NAGR maybe.
Thanks for nothing COMM2A and goal.
Still have mag bans, still have a. Asualt weapons ban, still have a roster, still have to jump thru hoops just to get a license.
My friend just got his license, applied in January, he just got it two days ago. And that’s after his city shut down issuing any new licenses for 2 months.

Including the 2 months they would issue NO NEW LICENSES TO ANYONE, and the 4 month wait after finally being ALLOWED to get his paperwork in, it took him 6 months to get a LTC. A tax paying law abiding citizen.
DO YOU THINK COMM2A WOULD HELP, NOPE,
We sent emails and messages with no reply. It was only when I called theM Out in this shooters board did they respond. And they said there is nothing they can do. They never even replied to him until called out. THEY ARE A JOKE
that’s why Mass sucks. We have these organizations sucking down our money and lining pockets.

These our our problems. This is all we have here
COMM2A is a complete JOKE
AS IS GOAL
these organizations take our money and get NOTHING DONE!
After I saw the light with COMM2A I stopped donating to them.
And I think goal got my last three year, when that runs up, never again.
GOA maybe. NAGR maybe.
Thanks for nothing COMM2A and goal.
Still have mag bans, still have a. Asualt weapons ban, still have a roster, still have to jump thru hoops just to get a license.
My friend just got his license, applied in January, he just got it two days ago. And that’s after his city shut down issuing any new licenses for 2 months.

Including the 2 months they would issue NO NEW LICENSES TO ANYONE, and the 4 month wait after finally being ALLOWED to get his paperwork in, it took him 6 months to get a LTC. A tax paying law abiding citizen.
DO YOU THINK COMM2A WOULD HELP, NOPE,
We sent emails and messages with no reply. It was only when I called theM Out in this shooters board did they respond. And they said there is nothing they can do. They never even replied to him until called out. THEY ARE A JOKE
that’s why Mass sucks. We have these organizations sucking down our money and lining pockets.
I ask that you please get your facts in order.

As to the licensing issue in Framingham, I explained to you AND your friend, that a lawsuit would take time to resolve, and if your friend wanted to wait for the lawsuit, it would most likely take longer than the delay the city of Framingham had imposed.

If your friend was willing to wait it out, we could have pressed a lawsuit, but it could (and likely would) still be dragging out, leaving him with no license.

Thank you for your support in the past, sorry that the legal system moves slower than you are comfortable with, and there is no way to make it go faster. Rushed cases make bad precedent, bad precedent leaves worse laws in place. Gun rights litigation is a long game involving strategy often a decade in the making.

I ask that you please get your facts in order.

As to the licensing issue in Framingham, I explained to you AND your friend, that a lawsuit would take time to resolve, and if your friend wanted to wait for the lawsuit, it would most likely take longer than the delay the city of Framingham had imposed.

If your friend was willing to wait it out, we could have pressed a lawsuit, but it could (and likely would) still be dragging out, leaving him with no license.

Thank you for your support in the past, sorry that the legal system moves slower than you are comfortable with, and there is no way to make it go faster. Rushed cases make bad precedent, bad precedent leaves worse laws in place. Gun rights litigation is a long game involving strategy often a decade in the making.
Framingham is still doing the same thing to people as we speak. Another friend is 3 months in and his aplication hasnt moved. Maybe if you did something 7 months ago when he contacted, you’d be 7 months closer to helping Framingham residents. Guess Framingham district doesn’t donate enough to comm2a

Back
Top Bottom