• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Compliant Sig P365

Was up to the Sig Pro Shop last week. God....if I win the lottery, move from Healey land and buy at least one of everything. Anyway....Very interested in the P365. Of course they are not Massachusetts compliant. Haven't seen, nor heard of one for sale here. Sig guy at shop told me that they have submitted to the anti gun Gods of Massachusetts. Anyone hazard a guess how long this process is going to be? It is a GREAT carry gun....from what little I have held it.

I'm a huge Sig fan, but I was waiting for them to figure out the extreme striker drag, broken springs, and broken firing pins. Did that happen yet? Their official position is, of course, "Nothing to see here..."

I'm a huge Sig fan, but I was waiting for them to figure out the extreme striker drag, broken springs, and broken firing pins. Did that happen yet? Their official position is, of course, "Nothing to see here..."
Seems like primer drag is very common in pistols this small. Doesn't seem to be much of a problem. Most completely new firearms seem to have some teething pains, I bet pre social media was at least as bad. We just never knew. I am perfectly happy with my P320, it came back from factory in 7 days...and trigger as good or better. Nobody writes to give accolades nearly as much as complaints....

Was up to the Sig Pro Shop last week. God....if I win the lottery, move from Healey land and buy at least one of everything. Anyway....Very interested in the P365. Of course they are not Massachusetts compliant. Haven't seen, nor heard of one for sale here. Sig guy at shop told me that they have submitted to the anti gun Gods of Massachusetts. Anyone hazard a guess how long this process is going to be? It is a GREAT carry gun....from what little I have held it.

Look in handgun classifieds, one there now.

You don’t want one. They don’t work. The p365 makes keltec pistols look good. I own keltec pistols and would not trade them for a p365.

Seems like primer drag is very common in pistols this small. Doesn't seem to be much of a problem. Most completely new firearms seem to have some teething pains, I bet pre social media was at least as bad. We just never knew. I am perfectly happy with my P320, it came back from factory in 7 days...and trigger as good or better. Nobody writes to give accolades nearly as much as complaints....

I've actually never had a single complaint about my P320. The P365 is a different animal. Seems to be plagued with issues or at least it was not too long ago.

I've actually never had a single complaint about my P320. The P365 is a different animal. Seems to be plagued with issues or at least it was not too long ago.
I love the concept of the p365, it’s a great idea.....but it doesn’t work....yet??? They should fire whomever gave the go ahead to release it. It doesn’t work. We all wish it would....

Haven't had an issue, many rounds down the pipe. Not a single malfunction, even with steel case crap.

Can't see any reason why they wouldn't make the roster, at least not based on functionality issues.

Are you a dealer? Why do you care about MA compliance?

Find one, buy one.

Sig sells a ton of guns now, the P365 is hard to find in any state.

So I think with something so popular you’re gonna get internet complaints, doubly so if it’s a Sig. I plan to give it a year or two of production before getting one.

Submitted it for what? To get on "the approved list"? If you can't buy one now you won't be buying one once it gets on that list.

Submitted it for what? To get on "the approved list"? If you can't buy one now you won't be buying one once it gets on that list.

Most guns that aren't Glocks show up in Mass stores once they're on the EOPS list. The Sig should be on it soon. Hopefully with nothing stupid added.

Sorry about the sideways picture. It looks normal before upload, so I can't figure it out. Anyway, on the left (or top in this picture) is my Shield 9mm. On the right (bottom) is the P365 after about 300 rounds. While the Shield also has striker drag, it isn't nearly as pronounced as the P365. The P365 looks like a keyhole. Makes me worried about the longevity of the firing pin. Other than that though, not one hiccup in this pistol outside of requiring a tap into battery after the slingshot, twice on the first day of shooting. That stopped happening, so I'm going to assume it was just break in. For the record, mine is of the second batch after the initial issues. Snappy little pistol that I am still struggling to figure out the best grip. I currently shoot way better with the Shield/Apex trigger.

EDITED to say: I wonder if the hollow "thud" sound the pistol makes on dry fire is an indication that the striker has too much play during firing cycle. The primers seem to all be initially hit dead center, but as you can see, the drag is pretty long.

Shield vs p365.jpg

You mean besides changing the 6 lb trigger to 11 pounds! That's stupid enough for me. I guess Apex will build a fix for it and we'll all be happy.

I don't think they'll do that, seems like only S&W is dumb enough to do that crap. They may add a chamber indicator for Mass like they did with the Legions.

A better FFL will also solve that issue.

Did for me. :) But I can't recommend the gun unless you're a diehard Sig fan (I really wanted a 2nd Sig). Maybe if they fix the gimped 8 round mag (clearly room for 2 more rounds in there but they were lazy and just put an extension on the P239 mag).

Did for me. :) But I can't recommend the gun unless you're a diehard Sig fan (I really wanted a 2nd Sig). Maybe if they fix the gimped 8 round mag (clearly room for 2 more rounds in there but they were lazy and just put an extension on the P239 mag).

P365 is 10+1 or 12+1 in free america

Look in handgun classifieds, one there now.

Kinda spendy. LOL

My local democrat State Senator has treated me well yet I hear talk of Republicans nationwide being dorks. Ergo, I'll always vote Democrat.

There were problems with the P320 when it came out. Remember, it came out about 4 years ago.

These problems will all be solved. I'm not in a total rush. And, of course, the MA version will have a dumbass safety. Meaning I'll have to over-spend on a non-MA-Compliant one when the MA Compliant ones come out.

Back
Top Bottom