• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Lowes shoplifter gets away from armed CCW

Oh, he threatened the nice PLAIN CLOTHES officer. Thats how it went down. Ok, right.

So basically that cop was trying to apprehend that suspect because shoplifting makes shoppers look bad ?

He was bravely trying to protect the image of shoppers worldwide.

Surprised the dumb ass hotshot officer did not let off a few rounds like the brave officer did at the Bellingham Home Depot a few years ago.
Well... he could only have gotten off one shot (assuming his gun didn't have a mag disconnect), since he ejected the magazine while booger-hooking the trigger and trying to use both hands to wrestle the guy.

I'm waiting on the alt thread: "I was loading my purchases at Lowe's, when this crazy old white dude pulled a gun on me! I barely got away without getting shot, banged up my car, and I'm PISSED!"

Then the old guy ran into the Round Robin across the street and ordered the best damn 30oz steak he's had since 1892 and forgot where the restaurant was.

Oh, he threatened the nice PLAIN CLOTHES officer. Thats how it went down. Ok, right.
shoplifting, robbery, same thing right?

By the way. She is OK with this, no big deal. Just walk in and walk out with anything you want. If anyone tries to stop you, sue them.

View attachment 537260
I know the policy at the retail locations my wife works for is just let them take it. My son and I were outside one of the stores as Mrs GaryO was shopping, a more urbane gentleman ran out with bags of stuff, followed by the security guard. The guard started wrestling with the guy as people were yelling for someone to help. The guy got away and I just snapped a picture of the car and plate. Funny thing is the company wasn't interested in the information. My wife said the guard could have been fired for getting involved. Why even have security?

I know the policy at the retail locations my wife works for is just let them take it. My son and I were outside one of the stores as Mrs GaryO was shopping, a more urbane gentleman ran out with bags of stuff, followed by the security guard. The guard started wrestling with the guy as people were yelling for someone to help. The guy got away and I just snapped a picture of the car and plate. Funny thing is the company wasn't interested in the information. My wife said the guard could have been fired for getting involved. Why even have security?
WTF does a mall guard do?

Apologies if this is a repost.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/qij09x/shoplifter_at_lowes_102921/

Not a big fan of Reddit, but this just happened today so there isn't any mirrors yet.

Not sure if this is an off-duty/retired police officer, but I can't imagine anyone makes it to that age in law enforcement and still does stupid shit like this.

Assuming he's a citizen, this is the exact shit that gives us all a bad name. You get in a physical altercation with a gun drawn in public to what? Help a multimillion dollar corporation conserve insurance? Idiot almost loses control of his weapon and gets crushed between two cars. Even drops his mag accidentally!

I hope this guy reads this board, cause I want him to see me call him a retard.

I disagree with your interpretation. I believe the man with the gun would have been legally justified in shooting the moment the thief put that car into reverse. The car is recognized in law as a deadly weapon and that man had limited options for escaping, especially with the car door being open.

I disagree with your interpretation. I believe the man with the gun would have been legally justified in shooting the moment the thief put that car into reverse. The car is recognized in law as a deadly weapon and that man had limited options for escaping, especially with the car door being open.
I believe shoplifters need to be shot on sight, but in this situation he attacked the guy with a gun, that other guy legally can use a car to kill the attacker.

I believe shoplifters need to be shot on sight, but in this situation he attacked the guy with a gun, that other guy legally can use a car to kill the attacker.

That depends on which individual had the legal duty to retreat.

That depends on which individual had the legal duty to retreat.
Sadly shoplifting doesn't warrant escalation of pulling your gun to stop it. So guy with a gun became the attacker with deadly weapon, the other guy at that point used a car to escape by all means possible including running attacker over

Classic!

That dude is a f***ing legend! Pistol butt to mag drop to almost get yourself run the f*** over.

And what kind of a moron thief parks in a way that he has to back out of a parking space?

JFC, there’s very little hope for humanity if people can’t even be smart about stealing shit anymore, but I guess there’s not much need if the stores just let it happen.

1970s, some time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, Sears catalog store, not one of the big mall anchor stores but the suburban main street storefront type with a limited amount of merch on the floor.

I'm with my father who's picking up some tools or parts or something he ordered and waiting in line to get to the pickup desk. Two guys walk in the front door and one guy yells up to the counter with a couple busy clerks at it and says, "Don't worry about it, we've got it, we're all set" as he waves a yellow piece of paper in the air that looks like the typical customer copy of the receipt.
One of the clerks looks up quickly, sees him and just gives a quick wave as he buries his head back into the register at the desk.

The two guys then proceed to each grab one end of the floor display couch, pick it up and carry it right back out the front door and throw in the back of their truck parked outside on the street and drive off. We were still in line waiting when the manager came out from the back, started helping someone out on the floor and then realized the couch was gone and started blasting the clerks at the counter!

1970s, some time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, Sears catalog store, not one of the big mall anchor stores but the suburban main street storefront type with a limited amount of merch on the floor.

I'm with my father who's picking up some tools or parts or something he ordered and waiting in line to get to the pickup desk. Two guys walk in the front door and one guy yells up to the counter with a couple busy clerks at it and says, "Don't worry about it, we've got it, we're all set" as he waves a yellow piece of paper in the air that looks like the typical customer copy of the receipt.
One of the clerks looks up quickly, sees him and just gives a quick wave as he buries his head back into the register at the desk.

The two guys then proceed to each grab one end of the floor display couch, pick it up and carry it right back out the front door and throw in the back of their truck parked outside on the street and drive off. We were still in line waiting when the manager came out from the back, started helping someone out on the floor and then realized the couch was gone and started blasting the clerks at the counter!
Now THAT’s how you steal a couch! Kudos for creativity on their part.

lmao You are so right.

Senior officer ‘Jones’ to rookie officer cams:

“Cams man this f***ing place is a joke. The chief, the deputies, Lt’s, Sgt’s, all of them, what a bunch of pussies and back stabbing a**h***s. Be very careful this place will f*** you over in a heartbeat dude. First chance you get you should do a lateral somewhere and gtfo, it’s only getting worse.”

6 months later, now “Sgt”Jones pulls up in an air conditioned car:
“Officer” cams, why aren’t you wearing your cover? You know I can write you up for that.”

“Sgt, I’m on the motorcycle, it’s 105* on the apron here, just trying to cool down a bit.”
Sgt drives off in a huff.

6yrs later, called into now Deputy Jones’ office, “Officer cams where’s your cover? You know I can write you up for that!”

Cams: “Hey Sir you remember about 6 yrs ago when you were FTO’ing me? You told me to get out of here as fast as I can because of the clown-show administration and how they treat patrol?”

Dep: “Well that was then! This is now! It’s real now! (aka-since I get more money than you now).

Cams: “Oh ok Sir. Well then my cover is still in my basement, I was using it for an ashtray last night. Hey you wanna go get an ice cream and watch the girls go by like the old days when this place still sucked?”

Dep: “Out!! Get out!”

Cams: “Roger Sir. lol”

lmao You are so right.

Senior officer ‘Jones’ to rookie officer cams:

“Cams man this f***ing place is a joke. The chief, the deputies, Lt’s, Sgt’s, all of them, what a bunch of pussies and back stabbing a**h***s. Be very careful this place will f*** you over in a heartbeat dude. First chance you get you should do a lateral somewhere and gtfo, it’s only getting worse.”

6 months later, now “Sgt”Jones pulls up in an air conditioned car:
“Officer” cams, why aren’t you wearing your cover? You know I can write you up for that.”

“Sgt, I’m on the motorcycle, it’s 105* on the apron here, just trying to cool down a bit.”
Sgt drives off in a huff.

6yrs later, called into now Deputy Jones’ office, “Officer cams where’s your cover? You know I can write you up for that!”

Cams: “Hey Sir you remember about 6 yrs ago when you were FTO’ing me? You told me to get out of here as fast as I can because of the clown-show administration and how they treat patrol?”

Dep: “Well that was then! This is now! It’s real now! (aka-since I get more money than you now).

Cams: “Oh ok Sir. Well then my cover is still in my basement, I was using it for an ashtray last night. Hey you wanna go get an ice cream and watch the girls go by like the old days when this place still sucked?”

Dep: “Out!! Get out!”

Cams: “Roger Sir. lol”

Command staff telling me to wear a hat is one thing I WONT miss lol

Back
Top Bottom