• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass LTC Holders with FLRB Reliefs Will Be revoked !

Are we waiting for someone with frb relief who has never possessed guns still for that ??
No, you're thinking of the federal lawsuit. That comes after the state gets sued and forced to issue licenses to those with FLRB relief. And my bet is theyre waiting until they have as many restoration rulings from district courts as possible before they sue the state. It's a long road ahead.

18 USC 921 a 20
(B)
any State offense classified by the laws of the State as a misdemeanor and punishable by a term of imprisonment of two years or less.
What constitutes a conviction of such a crime shall be determined in accordance with the law of the jurisdiction in which the proceedings were held. Any conviction which has been expunged, or set aside or for which a person has been pardoned or has had civil rights restored shall not be considered a conviction for purposes of this chapter, unless such pardon, expungement, or restoration of civil rights expressly provides that the person may not ship, transport, possess, or receive firearms.
Take Rhode Island for example
here is the expungement law
You are eligible to expunge a misdemeanor five (5) years after the successful completion of your sentence and/or probation.
RI applys to the above
We know mass does not expunge. However when we are granted relief by This State appointed FRB is it not restoring this
right?

18 USC 921 a 20
(B)
any State offense classified by the laws of the State as a misdemeanor and punishable by a term of imprisonment of two years or less.
What constitutes a conviction of such a crime shall be determined in accordance with the law of the jurisdiction in which the proceedings were held. Any conviction which has been expunged, or set aside or for which a person has been pardoned or has had civil rights restored shall not be considered a conviction for purposes of this chapter, unless such pardon, expungement, or restoration of civil rights expressly provides that the person may not ship, transport, possess, or receive firearms.
Take Rhode Island for example
here is the expungement law
You are eligible to expunge a misdemeanor five (5) years after the successful completion of your sentence and/or probation.
RI applys to the above
We know mass does not expunge. However when we are granted relief by This State appointed FRB is it not restoring this
right?

I hope so.. this is what ive been banking on in court if the federales come after me. The way it reads to me is that since my restoration.. im no longer considered convicted? My chief has decided to stay outta court and let the state deal with it so i have 4 years left until my ltc expires so im still legal.. yet not.. yet am. Do i carry? If something happens do i stick around? I dont have the gripe of saying i spent thousands to get this done.. i did this myself.. with no lawyer.. only cost me a ride to chelsea and a lot of running around for court and police records which is no easy task. I Sat in front of the board alone and plead my case and won.. but now I didn’t? Well i did according to all written law that ive found in my research.. maybe im missing something. I do understand that allowing a fid without the flrb relief which i did have (and still do) before i decided to go before the flrb board does violate federal law.. but i can’t see how im doing that now. Im sure they’ll explain it to me.

So fkn frustrating !!! I have done all the above !! But I’ve spent thousands ! I even went threw the hearing alone. And now it’s all been flushed at the federal level ! Don’t Cary jerbal. I’m sure the chief has suspended your ltc already. Live to fight another day !

Pisses me off to no end that 2 seconds after I was notified of being suspended the cops were at my house to collect my guns but it’s ok for the state to ignore court orders and keep on ignoring the law and the rights of the people. No accountability , no worries. I can’t wait for the Comm2a victory headlines when when it finally gets shoved back at NICS baker healey.......

So fkn frustrating !!! I have done all the above !! But I’ve spent thousands ! I even went threw the hearing alone. And now it’s all been flushed at the federal level ! Don’t Cary jerbal. I’m sure the chief has suspended your ltc already. Live to fight another day !
My LTC is active and I suspect that it will remain that way until it either expires or something changes on the legal front

My LTC is active and I suspect that it will remain that way until it either expires or something changes on the legal front
Your rights have been restored by the frb and you didn’t get the suspension letter in the mail about 6-7 months ago from the dcpartment of criminal history ?

Your rights have been restored by the frb and you didn’t get the suspension letter in the mail about 6-7 months ago from the dcpartment of criminal history ?
Not all police chiefs fell in line with the FRB directive and the FRB doesn't have the statutory authority to revoke a license or order a police chief to revoke a license. Many are taking a wait-and-see posture.

apparently not all chiefs/departments have to act upon receipt of this letter.
those that have are loosing in court and actually can face contempt charges however this does not change
that the state will not return or process the revoked, application.
image1_zps7mexsv2n.jpeg

we need all the names of the 341 people affected strength lies in numbers. eight judgements apparently are not enough.
Publicity and spotlight is a key ingredient. Billboards on rt128, Planes flying over Boston with Banners like Geico,
printed one page copies of the Globe Article stash in thousands of wiper blades all over Boston.
"Governor Charles Baker ignores Court Orders"

we need all the names of the 341 people affected strength lies in numbers. eight judgements apparently are not enough.
Publicity and spotlight is a key ingredient. Billboards on rt128, Planes flying over Boston with Banners like Geico,
printed one page copies of the Globe Article stash in thousands of wiper blades all over Boston.
"Governor Charles Baker ignores Court Orders"
I agree.. im in on that.

I’m down ! Send me a bunch of flyers !! So the wins that we have already, are they the first 10 people represented by lawyers and comm2a ? Are they going to do 10 at a time like that ?

apparently not all chiefs/departments have to act upon receipt of this letter.
those that have are loosing in court and actually can face contempt charges however this does not change
that the state will not return or process the revoked, application.
image1_zps7mexsv2n.jpeg
They may not be acting today but they won’t renew when they expire either until this is cleared up I bet

Back
Top Bottom