• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass shooter: 0 Armed bystander: 1 Media: -1

And scanning comments in WaPo, there are many who decry "vigilantism" (what the anti-gun people use for "self-defense"), suggest it could have gone wrong with innocents killed (despite no cases supporting such a risk), etc. The anti-gun comments get far more Likes, as expected.

Evidence to the contrary will never convince anti-gunners that that CCW is not an accident waiting to happen - even if we have to wait decades…
There is nothing that infuriates helpless losers more than anyone who is capable to stand up for themselves. ‘You endanger us all! Bend over and comply! Don’t you dare to fight, what will happen to us if they put you in jail?!’

At least the Police Chief gave credit to the kid who stopped it. I'm sure it is going to be spun by the MSM somehow to make the good guy look bad.

At least the Police Chief gave credit to the kid who stopped it. I'm sure it is going to be spun by the MSM somehow to make the good guy look bad.
Police chief and the mayor both. CNN has quotes from them both. They fill their article with emotional fluff about another community dealing with gun violence and 350 mass shootings this year and…. But they are quoting the two officials praising the 22yr old who killed the bad guy.

Ive seen comments on Twitter from leftists who are saying that this proves "a good guy with a gun" is a myth. Even though the Samaritan stopped the mass shooter, he was still able to kill 3 people.
how many mags and rounds were left in the shooters possession when he was taken out?

That’s how many potential MORE dead bodies you’d have had if the good guy with a gun hadn’t intervened.

how many mags and rounds were left in the shooters possession when he was taken out?

That’s how many potential MORE dead bodies you’d have had if the good guy with a gun hadn’t intervened.
your problem is you are using logic. Cant use that. Only Emotion is allowed.

Long rifle is likely being used because of the recent update by the AP to stop using assault rifle and assault weapon as they are over politicized terms

Yup, Indy commies marching to the orders from commie central.

How many days till the senate votes on the new BS??

When an average guy caps a bad guy, the state gets mad because that's *their* job. They have all the tacticool cop gear, police tape to cordone off the area, sidewalk chalk to draw outlines, all the overtime for the system to process the paperwork, news updates for police, DA,s etc to preen for the camera to tell us how super cool they were for 'neutralizing' the target and 'everyone is safe now' etc etc etc. Now they can't do any of that so they're mad. When they're mad because they have nothing to do then 'they're ought to be a law against that'.

Ive seen comments on Twitter from leftists who are saying that this proves "a good guy with a gun" is a myth. Even though the Samaritan stopped the mass shooter, he was still able to kill 3 people. This is what they are going to hop on. I guess they would prefer only cops having the guns and stranding around for an hour.

Its amazing, Yet again, im not seeing any discussion on how to stop people from going off the rails. Yet more well its the guns fault. Lets not address the route causes. That doesnt make headlines i guess.

Yeah but if one of those leftists were sitting in the food court next to the good samaritan, then would they be thinking the same thing in that moment? Or would it be 'phew someone saved my a**?'. It's a trick question because the average leftist will never give an honest answer. This is why I still believe the less number of leftists in this world, the better the planet will be and why I would never jump into the fray unless I found myself under fire. If you're there and armed they're expecting the armed person to 'save' them and all I can say is F that. It doesn't matter much anyways they're exiting out of the gene pool from lack of breeding, non belief in families, sex reassignment, vasectomies, etc. Sadly it's going to take a few generations for these Neanderthals among us to go extinct.

the state gets mad because that's *their* job.
state only gets mad as state understands the danger of the unhinged individual who dares to confront the tyranny and destroy it - as to unleash the tyranny against the innocent people is the most important job any state has. no one should be allowed to object the king, as it sets the precedent. nothing really changes of how humans behave. the same old kings got different names now, but the system overall does not change that much, neither behaves much different.

Last edited:

They can estimate the mass shootings that didn’t happen because of CA’s Red Flag Laws (58 in 3yr) but not the deaths prevented by CCW. Or won’t, anyway.

The Buffalo shooter killed 10 and wounded 3 with 50 shots fired in a similar venue, so that might have been a similar case from which to make an estimate. [EDIT: That said, the Uvalde shooter killed 21 with 142 shots fired, but they estimate he fired ~100rd before police arrived. The kills/shot rate went up once inside the classroom, obviously…]

Density, proximity, ease of egress and behavior (lockdown vs GTFO) are body count target factors differing between malls, stores, workplaces, theaters and schools. Security and gun-free zone status are the major mitigating factors. The more targeted the victims are (specific people), the less body count target factors and mitigating factors figure into the shooters planning.

About the only aspect a shooter cannot plan for are CCW-holders outside gun-free zones. In this case, the mall may not have been an obvious GFZ. Indiana is rated D- by Giffords, with few CCW location limitations. Laws stop potential Good Samaritans but not bad guys.

10237FAA-3FF5-4AEA-AE7B-148C913EA501.jpeg

Last edited:

They can estimate the mass shootings that didn’t happen because of CA’s Red Flag Laws (58 in 3yr) but not the deaths prevented by CCW. Or won’t, anyway.

The Buffalo shooter killed 10 and wounded 3 with 50 shots fired in a similar venue, so that might have been a similar case from which to make an estimate. Density, proximity, ease of egress and behavior (lockdown vs GTFO) are body count target factors differing between malls, stores, workplaces, theaters and schools. Security and gun-free zone status are the major mitigating factors. The more targeted the victims are (specific people), the less body count target factors and mitigating factors figure into the shooters planning.

About the only aspect a shooter cannot plan for are CCW-holders outside gun-free zones. In this case, the mall may not have been an obvious GFZ. Indiana is rated D- by Giffords, with few CCW location limitations. Laws stop potential Good Samaritans but not bad guys.

View attachment 639287
Bottom line then is: the good guy absolutely saved lives…people went home from that mall and are alive today that would have otherwise went to the morgue.

The Fox article quotes a cop who called it a "long rifle", so it's not completely obvious that the CNN article was being deceptive, and not just lazy and stupid.
My Mosin-Nagant 91/30 is a Long rifle! :D
"Simon Property Group, the parent company of Greenwood Park Mall and many others like it, stipulates in its code of conduct that “no weapons” are allowed at its shopping centers, though “exceptions to this code of conduct will be determined by local center management.”

Hmmm… wonder if the Good Samaritan will be charged with tresspass or banned for life from Simon Malls?

They can't charge the good guy with trespass unless someone ordered him out and he refused. The can ban him for the future however.
and yet, at the bottom they imply that you can buy a rifle in Indiana without a background check:

This reads like they believe the Federal background check is optional, or frequently ignored.
Intentional misrepresentation to stir the ignorant.

state only gets mad as state understands the danger of the unhinged individual who dares to confront the tyranny and destroy it - as to unleash the tyranny against the innocent people is the most important job any state has. no one should be allowed to object the king, as it sets the precedent. nothing really changes of how humans behave. the same old kings got different names now, but the system overall does not change that much, neither behaves much different.

You can see it as clear as glass. In left wing states the government wants the exclusive and sole monopoly on violence. In constitutional carry states it's basically the great equalizer.

Where did I see this before ???

Oh yeah, right here:

Yes, it was mentioned upthread that yours came first. But obviously everyone's been posting here. It would be great if @drgrant or someone else with the power rolled them together.

Yes, it was mentioned upthread that yours came first. But obviously everyone's been posting here. It would be great if @drgrant or someone else with the power rolled them together.

What's funny is that your original thread title was far more cryptic than mine, and now that you changed it, it's still less informative.

What's funny is that your original thread title was far more cryptic than mine, and now that you changed it, it's still less informative.
Not my title. And I agree. It would be great if it simply said something like "Indiana mass shooting." But then, everyone loves them some clickbait/editorial titles...

I think it tells all - Mass shooter lost; Armed citizen won; media did its usual slanted coverage - all explained in one tag line.
Except he lost after killing three...

So we don't know where it happened. We don't actually know what happened. And in a week, if there's more information, we'll have to fight to find it.

I'm sure it is going to be spun by the MSM somehow to make the good guy look bad.
Your prediction is 100% correct.........

If whoever wrote this article was actually there I am sure they would have asked the good guy with a gun to please leave the mall because he was breaking the rules.

Better to get shot to death than being in the presence of someone who broke the "Mall Rules"

It wasn't exactly 0 for the shooter. He killed three and wounded another before the good guy shot him dead. No doubt stopped him from killing more, which was good work. I read that the citizen had to run back to his car to get his gun, but not why.

Your prediction is 100% correct.........

If whoever wrote this article was actually there I am sure they would have asked the good guy with a gun to please leave the mall because he was breaking the rules.

Better to get shot to death than being in the presence of someone who broke the "Mall Rules"
They should be giving him the keys to the Mall. Unlike Uvalde, this citizen(not trained PO) neutralized the threat and quickly. I didn't see how many shots he took to put this guy down but if Spencers Gifts had to lose a window, it was worth it.

Yahoo news has the story right but their photo's show the swat team and a photo of Dicks Sporting goods. I guess they did not get the memo that Dicks is a commie friend of theirs.

Still no news on who the perp is. Maybe they are creating one.

When an average guy caps a bad guy, the state gets mad because that's *their* job. They have all the tacticool cop gear, police tape to cordone off the area, sidewalk chalk to draw outlines, all the overtime for the system to process the paperwork, news updates for police, DA,s etc to preen for the camera to tell us how super cool they were for 'neutralizing' the target and 'everyone is safe now' etc etc etc. Now they can't do any of that so they're mad. When they're mad because they have nothing to do then 'they're ought to be a law against that'.
Problem is that they dont get an onsite hand sanitizer dispenser....they have to make do with the one that the kid's use and that slows down the response time...

Back
Top Bottom