Massachusetts Bill HD.4420 "An act to modernize gun Laws"

Mass. House and Senate Democrats just can’t seem to agree on this gun bill​

What a POS Day is. Do these morons realize this bill is illegal? Still no reply from my Senator Cronin and Rep. Higgins

"With the unfinished fiscal 2024 budget, a road and bridge funding bill, and even their internal rules still tied up in slow-moving backroom negotiations, House and Senate Democrats found another area in which they disagreed Monday.

Lawmakers from both branches say firearm law reforms are a priority, but when a newly-filed gun reform bill came to the floor, the House and Senate were on different pages for a routine procedural step.

Rep. Michael Day filed his 140-page proposal June 26 after wrapping up a “listening tour” with 11 stops around the state. That same day, the House sent the bill to the Judiciary Committee, which Day co-chairs."

It is worse than that.
Because they now call barrels "firearms" any barrel needs a serial number or it is an "untraceable firearm"
Any pre-1968 GCA firearm that didn't need a serial number now MUST have a serial number or it is an "untraceable firearm"

Untraceable firearm = Felony under the new law.
So f***ed up!!

How is the state going to enforce this? They can’t. The FA-10 system is a joke and wildly inaccurate. The police can’t even ID coke right, how can the average officer tell if a gun is pre 94?

They do have them logged. However, every gun you’ve ever owned shows up on the FA-10, and they never come off when you sell them. Which makes it pretty useless.
Do not make the mistake of underestimating the value of the FA-10 database to those in power who would bankrupt and imprison us. It is not about identifying a particular gun. It is all about identifying those who dare to exercise their Constitutional right to keep and bear arms in the leftist pol's Communist dictatorship-like state.

What a POS Day is. Do these morons realize this bill is illegal? Still no reply from my Senator Cronin and Rep. Higgins

"With the unfinished fiscal 2024 budget, a road and bridge funding bill, and even their internal rules still tied up in slow-moving backroom negotiations, House and Senate Democrats found another area in which they disagreed Monday.

Lawmakers from both branches say firearm law reforms are a priority, but when a newly-filed gun reform bill came to the floor, the House and Senate were on different pages for a routine procedural step.

Rep. Michael Day filed his 140-page proposal June 26 after wrapping up a “listening tour” with 11 stops around the state. That same day, the House sent the bill to the Judiciary Committee, which Day co-chairs."

It seems like nobody wants to touch this shit lol

Any pushback on this outrageous turd of a bill by anyone for any reason must be viewed as a positive at this point.

I think it’s a lateral move.
It is actually a reverse move. Significant step back.

The Senate did not consent to the bill being before the Joint Judiciary committee. (where Day is the House Chair)

The Senate said this bill belonged with the Public Safety Committee first.

The list of bill petitioners (cosponsors) has grown to 26 form the 11 when @GOAL last updated their page.
For your convenience here they are by name/district/email.

Rep. Michael S. Day - 31st Middlesex <[email protected]>
Rep. David Paul Linsky - 5th Middlesex <[email protected]>
Rep. Christopher Hendricks - 11th Bristol <[email protected]>
Rep. Jennifer Balinsky Armini - 8th Essex <[email protected]>
Rep. Mindy Domb - 3rd Hampshire <[email protected]>
Rep. Tram T. Nguyen - 18th Essex <[email protected]>
Rep. Adrianne Pusateri Ramos - 14th Essex <[email protected]>
Rep. Rodney M. Elliott - 16th Middlesex <[email protected]>
Rep. Patricia A. Duffy - 5th Hampden <[email protected]>
Rep. David M. Rogers - 24th Middlesex <[email protected]>
Rep. Kenneth I. Gordon - 21st Middlesex <[email protected]>
Rep. James C. Arena-DeRosa, 8th Middlesex <[email protected]>
Rep. Tricia Farley-Bouvier - 2nd Berkshire <[email protected]>
Rep. Rita A. Mendes - 11th Plymouth <[email protected]>
Rep. Natalie M. Higgins - 4th Worcester <[email protected]>
Rep. Jack Patrick Lewis - 7th Middlesex <[email protected]>
Rep. David Henry Argosky LeBoeuf - 17th Worcester <[email protected]>
Rep. Daniel Cahill - 10th Essex <[email protected]>
Rep. Christine P. Barber - 34th Middlesex <[email protected]>
Rep. Carlos González - 10th Hampden <[email protected]>
Rep. Steven Ultrino - 33rd Middlesex <[email protected]>
Rep. John Francis Moran - 9th Suffolk <[email protected]>
Rep. Dawne Shand - 1st Essex <[email protected]>
Rep. Carmine Lawrence Gentile - 13th Middlesex <[email protected]>
Rep. John J. Mahoney - 13th Worcester <[email protected]>
Rep. Michelle L. Ciccolo - 15th Middlesex <[email protected]>

Also if you would like to email them all at once I have arranged their emails in comma separated value, you should be able to copy this to the BCC address of your email to discretly send it to all of them. (make sure it is :BCC not :CC or :TO)

[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]

P.S.> @GOAL please feel free to use this work. Also I know yours is a small staff if you need member volunteer help at HQ just put the word out (I for one would be in).

🐯

Last edited:
The bill has apparently been moved to the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security among the members of that committee the House Chair, Carlos González, is a cosponser of the bill.

Here are the members of that committee by name and email.

Sen. Walter F. Timilty <[email protected]>
Sen. Michael D. Brady <[email protected]>
Sen. James B. Eldridge <[email protected]>
Sen. Michael O. Moore <[email protected]>
Sen. John C. Velis <[email protected]>
Sen. Ryan C. Fattman <[email protected]>
Rep. Carlos González <[email protected]>
Rep. David Biele <[email protected]>
Rep. Jonathan D. Zlotnik <[email protected]>
Rep. Bruce J. Ayers <[email protected]>
Rep. Danillo A. Sena <[email protected]>
Rep. Francisco E. Paulino <[email protected]>
Rep. Chynah Tyler <[email protected]>
Rep. Shirley B. Arriaga <[email protected]>
Rep. Brian M. Ashe <[email protected]>
Rep. Joseph W. McGonagle, Jr. <[email protected]>
Rep. David T. Vieira <[email protected]>
Rep. Steven George Xiarhos <[email protected]>
Rep. Marcus S. Vaughn <[email protected]>

And same as last post if you wish to email them all at once copy and past the following to the :BCC address of your email.

[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]

Again @GOAL feel free to use this work.

🐯
Sen.

Last edited:

I bet the disagreement is that they think this doesn’t go far enough 🙄

Last edited:
It is actually a reverse move. Significant step back.

The Senate did not consent to the bill being before the Joint Judiciary committee. (where Day is the House Chair)

The Senate said this bill belonged with the Public Safety Committee first.
Even better. Maybe they realized that Day is a fn liar and shouldn’t be in control of this bill.

The list of bill petitioners (cosponsors) has grown to 26 for the 11 when @GOAL last updated their page.

Michael S. Day - 31st Middlesex <[email protected]>
David Paul Linsky - 5th Middlesex <[email protected]>
Christopher Hendricks - 11th Bristol <[email protected]>
Jennifer Balinsky Armini - 8th Essex <[email protected]>
Mindy Domb - 3rd Hampshire <[email protected]>
Tram T. Nguyen - 18th Essex <[email protected]>
Adrianne Pusateri Ramos - 14th Essex <[email protected]>
Rodney M. Elliott - 16th Middlesex <[email protected]>
Patricia A. Duffy - 5th Hampden <[email protected]>
David M. Rogers - 24th Middlesex <[email protected]>
Kenneth I. Gordon - 21st Middlesex <[email protected]>
James C. Arena-DeRosa, 8th Middlesex <[email protected]>
Tricia Farley-Bouvier - 2nd Berkshire <[email protected]>
Rita A. Mendes - 11th Plymouth <[email protected]>
Natalie M. Higgins - 4th Worcester <[email protected]>
Jack Patrick Lewis - 7th Middlesex <[email protected]>
David Henry Argosky LeBoeuf - 17th Worcester <[email protected]>
Daniel Cahill - 10th Essex <[email protected]>
Christine P. Barber - 34th Middlesex <[email protected]>
Carlos González - 10th Hampden <[email protected]>
Steven Ultrino - 33rd Middlesex <[email protected]>
John Francis Moran - 9th Suffolk <[email protected]>
Dawne Shand - 1st Essex <[email protected]>
Carmine Lawrence Gentile - 13th Middlesex <[email protected]>
John J. Mahoney - 13th Worcester <[email protected]>
Michelle L. Ciccolo - 15th Middlesex <[email protected]>

Also if you would like to email them all at once I have arranged their emails in comma separated value, you should be able to copy this to the BCC address of your email to discretly send it to all of them. (make sure it is :BCC not :CC or :TO)

[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]

P.S.> @GOAL please feel free to use this work. Also I know yours is a small staff if you need member volunteer help at HQ just put the word out (I for one would be in).

🐯
Hmm, seems my POS Rep has signed on, she doesn't even have to guts or courtesy to reply to my email.

It’s not about when it was sold it’s when it was manufactured that makes it a pre 94’
Correct.

Here's the relevant section from the HD.4420
Section 128B. Assault-style firearms or large capacity feeding devices not lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994; exceptions; punishment

No person may knowingly possess, own, offer for sale, sell or otherwise transfer in the commonwealth or import into the commonwealth an assault-style firearm as defined in section 121 that was not otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994, or a large capacity feeding device as defined in section 121.

This section shall not apply to a large capacity feeding device lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994 only if such possession is: (i) on private property owned or legally controlled by the person; (ii) on private property that is not open to the public with the express permission of the person who owns or controls such property; (iii) while on the premises of a licensed firearms dealer or gunsmith for the purpose of lawful repair; (iv) at a licensed firing range or sports shooting competition venue; or (v) while traveling to and from these locations, provided the large capacity feeding device is stored unloaded and enclosed in accordance with section 126B.

This is similar language to the current language of 131M
Section 131M: Assault weapon or large capacity feeding device not lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994; sale, transfer or possession; punishment
Section 131M. No person shall sell, offer for sale, transfer or possess an assault weapon or a large capacity feeding device that was not otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994. Whoever not being licensed under the provisions of section 122 violates the provisions of this section shall be punished, for a first offense, by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years, or by both such fine and imprisonment, and for a second offense, by a fine of not less than $5,000 nor more than $15,000 or by imprisonment for not less than five years nor more than 15 years, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

So transfer and possession of legitimate pre-bans would still be possible. One needn't have personally possessed it in 94 to be safe.

The list of bill petitioners (cosponsors) has grown to 26 for the 11 when @GOAL last updated their page.

Michael S. Day - 31st Middlesex <[email protected]>
David Paul Linsky - 5th Middlesex <[email protected]>
Christopher Hendricks - 11th Bristol <[email protected]>
Jennifer Balinsky Armini - 8th Essex <[email protected]>
Mindy Domb - 3rd Hampshire <[email protected]>
Tram T. Nguyen - 18th Essex <[email protected]>
Adrianne Pusateri Ramos - 14th Essex <[email protected]>
Rodney M. Elliott - 16th Middlesex <[email protected]>
Patricia A. Duffy - 5th Hampden <[email protected]>
David M. Rogers - 24th Middlesex <[email protected]>
Kenneth I. Gordon - 21st Middlesex <[email protected]>
James C. Arena-DeRosa, 8th Middlesex <[email protected]>
Tricia Farley-Bouvier - 2nd Berkshire <[email protected]>
Rita A. Mendes - 11th Plymouth <[email protected]>
Natalie M. Higgins - 4th Worcester <[email protected]>
Jack Patrick Lewis - 7th Middlesex <[email protected]>
David Henry Argosky LeBoeuf - 17th Worcester <[email protected]>
Daniel Cahill - 10th Essex <[email protected]>
Christine P. Barber - 34th Middlesex <[email protected]>
Carlos González - 10th Hampden <[email protected]>
Steven Ultrino - 33rd Middlesex <[email protected]>
John Francis Moran - 9th Suffolk <[email protected]>
Dawne Shand - 1st Essex <[email protected]>
Carmine Lawrence Gentile - 13th Middlesex <[email protected]>
John J. Mahoney - 13th Worcester <[email protected]>
Michelle L. Ciccolo - 15th Middlesex <[email protected]>

🐯
I learned something new and emailed them all. Thank you for teaching me how to email, lol.

The bill has apparently been moved to the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security among the members of that committee the House Chair, Carlos González, is a cosponser of the bill.

Here are the members of that committee by name and email.

Walter F. Timilty <[email protected]>
Michael D. Brady <[email protected]>
James B. Eldridge <[email protected]>
Michael O. Moore <[email protected]>
John C. Velis <[email protected]>
Ryan C. Fattman <[email protected]>
Carlos González <[email protected]>
David Biele <[email protected]>
Jonathan D. Zlotnik <[email protected]>
Bruce J. Ayers <[email protected]>
Danillo A. Sena <[email protected]>
Francisco E. Paulino <[email protected]>
Chynah Tyler <[email protected]>
Shirley B. Arriaga <[email protected]>
Brian M. Ashe <[email protected]>
Joseph W. McGonagle, Jr. <[email protected]>
David T. Vieira <[email protected]>
Steven George Xiarhos <[email protected]>
Marcus S. Vaughn <[email protected]>

And same as last post if you wish to email them all at once copy and past the following to the :BCC address of your email.

[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]

Again @GOAL feel free to use this work.

🐯
Sent an email to all of them also. Thank you for all the help. Have them saved as drafts so I can email them easily again.

To lawfully carry in your own home do you need to post a sign? What if a burglar comes in and since you didn’t have a sign posted about firearms can he now sue you just like the be aware of dog sign or protected by alarm signs are visibly posted? After all he wouldn’t have broken into your house if he knew firearms are ok correct? But by posting about firearms being ok would that make you a dealer or a gunsmith and you need the proper licenses? I’m asking for a friend.
Where is the clause of Signage I did not see that in the 100+ pages.

Where is the clause of Signage I did not see that in the 100+ pages.
Page 125. (Expand to see the whole quote)

SECTION 173. Said section 10 of said chapter 269, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by striking out subsection (j) and inserting in place thereof the following subsection: -
[...]
(2) For the purposes of this section, “prohibited area” shall mean any of the following, including in or upon any part of the buildings, grounds, or parking areas of:
[...]
(iv) any private property, including but not limited to residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural, institutional or undeveloped property, unless the owner has provided express consent or has posted a sign indicating that it is permissible to carry on the premises a firearm with a valid and lawfully issued firearm license or permit under Chapter 140;  

Spoke to a friend who is a rep in Mass. they said it has more than enough votes to pass. They have it set up as well to protect the Fudd Reps who will vote against it but get them re-elected. Sounds like one of the gun orgs needs to start preparing lawsuits. Reading that bill it appears no matter what you do and how careful you are, you will be a felon.

So transfer and possession of legitimate pre-bans would still be possible. One needn't have personally possessed it in 94 to be safe.

I have to respectfully dissagree, if you buy a gun that someone SAYS they owned pre-94 and it turns out they didn't and you get checked you could get wracked up for an illegal gun.

My feeling is that you will need to have what they call in the antique world "provenance" you would need documentation of the chain of ownership since 1994 to be safe.

Magazines are another whole story, prove that I didn't own my M1 Carbine 15 rounders before 94...

I have to respectfully dissagree, if you buy a gun that someone SAYS they owned pre-94 and it turns out they didn't and you get checked you could get wracked up for an illegal gun.

My feeling is that you will need to have what they call in the antique world "provenance" you would need documentation of the chain of ownership since 1994 to be safe.
How is that different from today?

GOA has a prewritten letter/response on their website. I sent it to my Senator and Rep over a week ago and no reply.

TBH, I think these sort of "letters" fall on deaf ears. Personal opinion. I would write your own letter. "Hey, this is a bad bill. It punishes law abiding people for crimes committed or may-be-committed by criminals. This law will do zero to reduce the risk of a future shooting in Massachusetts yet will restrict the rights of thousands of gun owners. It would be best if this bill just quietly disappeared before it reached the floor and you are forced to vote on it."

Oh, and be sure to mention you are VOTING constituent. Not just some d-bag that wants to complain.

Spoke to a friend who is a rep in Mass. they said it has more than enough votes to pass. They have it set up as well to protect the Fudd Reps who will vote against it but get them re-elected. Sounds like one of the gun orgs needs to start preparing lawsuits. Reading that bill it appears no matter what you do and how careful you are, you will be a felon.
160 SEATS in the MA House, 134 are held by Democrats. Only 3 Republicans in the MA Senate.

Back
Top Bottom