Massachusetts Bill HD.4420 "An act to modernize gun Laws"

right, put in much work, ie driving 90 minutes one way to a place the state has in it's sights already... lol....

the post i was replying to stated that gun shops aren't in the business of breaking the law. i was pointing out that there WAS NO LAW created in 2016. good job missing the point of the post.
if people are regularly missing your points, you might consider how you phrase them.

In fact, the way I rewrote it would have hewed closer to your apparent point that "despite the laws not changing in 2016, many changed their behaviors." Of course, that gun shops are not in the business of breaking the law does not force them to sell things that are lawful - whatever their reason.

My email to my Rep who's a co-sponsor of the Bill

"Obviously you didn't read the SCOTUS decision last year, Bruen vs NYC or you just don't care. The outrageous and illegal anti-gun bill you are sponsoring is a direct attack on law abiding citizens of this State. How you justify this bill is beyond me. You know this bill will be challenged by GOAL, the NRA, GOA, FPC and every other 2A organization and will result in Politicians like you wasting Millions of the taxpayers dollars in court battles which will result in this bill's defeat.
Here's a little suggestion from a Veteran who's been to a few Civil Wars, lock up the frequent violent offenders who use illegal firearms to wreak havoc in their cities and neighborhoods and stop harassing law abiding citizens. Since I know you hate citizens like me, and the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, if this bill passes we will see you in court."

Dawg, there are dealers from Springfield MA to Dennis port that will sell a stripped lower.

You ever been on arms list?
Tac swap?
Gun broker?
Google?

Are you a boomer?

(Sorry boomers 😂)

I see the inner logic.
yeh, $500 on gun broker is not my idea of a good time
armslist has pretty much one dealer for lowers, guess where he is
nothing on tacswap

what was that last one? google? yeh, lemme search "AR 15 Lowers near me" on google...

Last edited:
as a talking point about 'public safety' from the YTD statistics, from my letter to my reps:

'As noted above there have been about 35 gun homicides this year but 168 motor vehicle fatalities during the same period. Automobiles are big, dangerous machines, and apparently (4x) more dangerous than guns.'

So far this years cars caused 4x more deaths than gun homicides, so we should be banning cars, not guns.

Need a bumper sticker. Criminals with guns may kill people, but people with cars kill 4x as many
How many of the 35 were legal guns used by legal gun owners?

Called my rep Shand and was told that the bill was supposed to go to the Judiciary Committee however Michael Day is the chairperson of that. The optic would not be good if he heads the Committee determining the outcome of his own bill. Now they are trying to figure out where it goes they are considering the Committee on Public Safety. No word yet.
Shand signed on as a sponsor after my 4 unanswered emails.

nothing on tacswap

what was that last one? google? yeh, lemme search "AR 15 Lowers near me" on google...
$89, but you'll have to drive 90 minutes.

Can you sight occurrences? I haven’t been a firearm person for long but I don’t see the nra doing much in The few years I’ve had an LTC in Ma.
The NRA is a national organization. They know that the majority of Mass voters elect liberal democrats who pass anti-gun laws. What would you like them to do, convince the nit wits of Mass to stop voting democrat?

This is a good point actually. How many clubs are going to commit suicide by telling members they can only shoot compliant firearms? Members are going to be pissed off enough as it is when this goes through. They don’t need their club fing with them on top of it all

my range is one of the ranges that won't let you shoot at human shaped targets. I don't think it's a big step for them to disallow scary looking firearms.

"Obviously you didn't read the SCOTUS decision last year, Bruen vs NYC or you just don't care. The outrageous and illegal anti-gun bill you are sponsoring is a direct attack on law abiding citizens of this State. How you justify this bill is beyond me. You know this bill will be challenged by GOAL, the NRA, GOA, FPC and every other 2A organization and will result in Politicians like you wasting Millions of the taxpayers dollars in court battles which will result in this bill's defeat.
Here's a little suggestion from a Veteran who's been to a few Civil Wars, lock up the frequent violent offenders who use illegal firearms to wreak havoc in their cities and neighborhoods and stop harassing law abiding citizens. Since I know you hate citizens like me, and the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, if this bill passes we will see you in court."

you should ask him if he's a veteran as well, and if he ever served in a country where the people were powerless to resist the government's will.

The elephant in the room with regard to gun control, is that our legislators are exactly what the founding father's envisioned when they enunciated the second amendment.

you know the left wants to ban your car too, right?

By 2026 new vehicles are required to have drunk driving prevention technology installed. Brandon signed the Legislation back in 2021.

Big brother is always happy to add new requirements to citizens at their expense.

Not sure if serious. They’re not “taking” your property, they are telling you that you must sell it out of state or to a LEO.
I don’t even think they’re telling you that. They’re not going to take them, you’re just not allowed to possess them however it is you decide to rid yourself of them.

Her reply, basically a big nothing with no commitments either way, and she's a sponsor.

"Thank you for your advocacy and for sharing your concerns about HD4420. You can follow the bill’s movement in the MA Legislature here: https://malegislature.gov/Bills/193/HD4420/BillHistory. I will continue to advocate for this bill to be assigned Committee and scheduled for a public hearing. Once that is scheduled, I’m happy to share the ways to participate (in person, virtually, or through written testimony to the Committee), and please let me know if you have any questions about the process. I’m glad that Leominster residents continue to have the option of participating remotely through the virtual hearing, which has allowed a great number of Leominster residents to participate directly in the Committee process."

All the best,

$89, but you'll have to drive 90 minutes.
You get a commission? I've been thinking about grabbing one of those for a few weeks now. This might give me that little push.

Her reply, basically a big nothing with no commitments either way, and she's a sponsor.

"Thank you for your advocacy and for sharing your concerns about HD4420. You can follow the bill’s movement in the MA Legislature here: https://malegislature.gov/Bills/193/HD4420/BillHistory. I will continue to advocate for this bill to be assigned Committee and scheduled for a public hearing. Once that is scheduled, I’m happy to share the ways to participate (in person, virtually, or through written testimony to the Committee), and please let me know if you have any questions about the process. I’m glad that Leominster residents continue to have the option of participating remotely through the virtual hearing, which has allowed a great number of Leominster residents to participate directly in the Committee process."

All the best,
Which rep was that?

The NRA is a national organization. They know that the majority of Mass voters elect liberal democrats who pass anti-gun laws. What would you like them to do, convince the nit wits of Mass to stop voting democrat?
The NRA has been active in NY, IL, CA and other deep anti gun blue states very recently. Why they abandoned MA is a mystery.

I just asked to cite occurrences. I get a nothing answer. Cases happening incognito don’t want to go into details.
I know Ma voters are not helping us. But if the NRA isn’t going to show their face that they are helping then why wouldn’t people say they’re not doing anything.

nothing on tacswap

You are doing it wrong!!!

ETA: you are green… how the F’ do you not know how this works??????

Inquiring minds want to know.

And a long drive is not an excuse!!!

Last edited:
By 2026 new vehicles are required to have drunk driving prevention technology installed. Brandon signed the Legislation back in 2021.

Big brother is always happy to add new requirements to citizens at their expense.
the ramping of carbon taxes will be the one that hurts most folks, and the control of vehicle miles traveled (vmt).

dems want to run an authoritarian nanny state, and the nanny is your worst ex-wife.

honestly, if you haven't already, it's time to think harder about getting out of deep blue states, drop their population for the 2030 census.

ma gun owners aren't even trying if we can't get ma to lose at least one us house seat in six years.

Back
Top Bottom