• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Bill HD.4420 "An act to modernize gun Laws"

Seems like they are "decriminalizing" a lot of things. Why not gun ownership?

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CumLZHLNaON/

They want to promote debauchery and lawlessness while restricting our means of protecting ourselves.

Once crime and everything else gets out of hand, citizens will be begging for a police state to keep them safe. Government steps right in with the heavy boot and mass control over everything.

They look like heroes solving a problem they created and now have complete control over everyone and everything.

That’d work better if we were dowannas that didn’t need LTCs lol.

Chief Fatty “muH penShun!!!” mc gee: “I herd sumptin about yew followin senator f***face around and accosting her about this gun bill. See the thing is if I don’t declare yew unsuitable imma lose mah jerb cuz that c*** is friends with da mayah. listen, i know shes a c*** but you needa leever alone. “ etc. maybe we need to recruit people that have moved out of state that are never moving back to do this and then pay their legal fees if any.

Also you know how this works right? The reason why the Antifa slobs get away with this kind of harassment is because they’re doing it in territory where are the prosecutors will never charge them with anything serious for doing it…. not to mention they have a great pool of losers that already have criminal records and have very little to lose.

In other cases whilst this sort of thing feels good it can backfire. Ask the far left how well chasing Kyrsten Sinema into a bathroom for harassment worked out for them. 🤣

actually, in a cruel sense of irony, that would be a better idea is to find leftists like hard-core Commies and pay those people to harass them instead over their social policy issues. Then maybe we can move them a few points to the middle after they figure out the far left is using them like an unfixed dog raping a stuffed animal. 🤣
Just pay illegals $5, they won't be arrested in this state.

I wonder if the remote participation would work in our favor. Do you get an allotted time, with a dedicated 5 minutes of everyone watching/listening? I wonder if you could address a committee member directly on the Zoom call, and have a direct interaction.

These are new times, and we need to think outside the box in order to get a foothold and win now. Every little step counts. Use what they have put in place, to our advantage against them.
Public meeting rules typically prohibit individual interaction. You address the Chair, Speaker (of the house), or the body as a whole. when addressing a point made by a previous speaker, public or Rep, you would typically address "the previous speaker". You probably could also say "Rep XXXXXX" but not to ask a direct question. Instead you ask, Mr Speaker, I would like a clarification from Representative ??????? on <insert question>. It would then be at the discretion of the Speaker if he passed on that request and the Rep has no obligation to respond.

General question to the body, i.e. "I would like to know what part of this bill actually prevents crime", but any response is at the discretion of the Speaker or may be addressed by an individual Rep during his allotted time.

Basically, no back and forth conversations.

Isn't it ALREADY A CRIME to sell untraceable guns?
No. It's a crime to manufacture "untraceable" guns, where traceability hinges on having a serial number, and manufacturing is done by someone in the business of making guns.

It remains (at the time of this writing) lawful to sell firearms without serialization. This is not uncommon on firearms from before 1968, or personally made firearms.

They group home made firearms with those that have had the serial obliterated or removed.

The first thing a criminal does is remove the serial from a stolen gun, so why would the change make any difference?

I‘m still baffled as to what shootings or crimes involving the use of a firearm in Mass committed in the last 10 years would have been prevented with this new proposed law. Enforce the existing laws. what if you give life sentences to anyone who commits a crime while using a gun, with no judicial discretion. You’ll see “gun violence“ plummet. These criminal pieces of sh*t will have to use axes and knives for their crimes, and then we’ll ban those like in England.
an excellent question to ask your representative on calls

I got a response from my letter to my Rep Denise Garlick. She is a lost cause but I do plan on responding to her with my disagreement with some of her assertions... especially the "this ban will save lives and not infringe on law-abiding citizens’ rights." statement... :rolleyes: .

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dear C,

I deeply appreciate that you have contacted me with your issues and concerns related to guns in our Commonwealth.

First and foremost, I want to share my general position on this topic. I signed on to this recent open letter published in the Boston Globe calling on Congress to enact a ban on assault-style weapons, similar to the laws we have here in Massachusetts. Gun violence continues to plague our country with shootings now being the leading cause of death for children in America. The public’s access to military style assault weapons and large-capacity ammunition magazines is deadly to law enforcement officers and the public. These present-day military style assault weapons are the culprit in many mass shootings and are designed to kill as many people as possible without needing to reload. The safety of my constituents and our Commonwealth is my priority, and this ban will save lives and not infringe on law-abiding citizens’ rights.

Representative Mike Day filed HD4420 as a result of his many listening sessions across the Commonwealth in consideration of the multiple gun safety bills filed this session. To address your concerns specifically on HD4420, I want to first explain where this language is in the legislative process. HD4420 is a docket number (HD) and is on Step 2 of 13 of “How a Bill Becomes a Law”, I have attached a copy of “the steps” to help you understand the process and progression of a bill. This bill is still awaiting committee assignment before it can have a hearing. I will notify you when the bill is assigned to a committee and the public hearing date is set.

As your State Representative, Registered Nurse, mother, and grandmother. I want you to know how important gun safety is to me. I am committed to listening to you throughout the legislative process. If you have any further questions, concerns, or would like to discuss this further, please feel free to reach out to my office.

Yours in service,

D

I‘m still baffled as to what shootings or crimes involving the use of a firearm in Mass committed in the last 10 years would have been prevented with this new proposed law. Enforce the existing laws. what if you give life sentences to anyone who commits a crime while using a gun, with no judicial discretion. You’ll see “gun violence“ plummet. These criminal pieces of sh*t will have to use axes and knives for their crimes, and then we’ll ban those like in England.
They have a bill that would do just that but that would actually target criminals.

An Act increasing penalties for the illegal sale and possession of firearms​

By Representative Linsky of Natick, a petition (accompanied by bill, House, No. 1619) of David Paul Linsky and others relative to increasing penalties for the illegal sale and possession of firearms

SECTION 1. Section 10 of chapter 269 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 90, the word “five” and inserting in place thereof the following word:- 10.
SECTION 2. Section 10 of chapter 269 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 110, the word “seven” and inserting in place thereof the following word:- 20.
SECTION 3. Section 10 of chapter 269 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 112, the word “ten” and inserting in place thereof the following word:- 20.
SECTION 4. Section 10 of chapter 269 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 114, the words “fifteen years” and inserting in place thereof the following words:- life imprisonment.
SECTION 5. Section 10 of Chapter 269 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by inserting in line 138 after the after the word “years”:- or not less than 3 nor more than 10 years in state prison. And striking out the words “or by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars.”
SECTION 6. Section 10 of chapter 269 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 156, the word “5” and inserting in place thereof the following word:- 20.
SECTION 7. Section 10 of chapter 269 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 201, the word “ten” and inserting in place thereof the following word:- 20.
SECTION 8. Section 128 of Chapter 140 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 11, the word “ten” and inserting in place thereof the following word:- 20.

They have a bill that would do just that but that would actually target criminals.

By Representative Linsky of Natick, a petition (accompanied by bill, House, No. 1619) of David Paul Linsky and others relative to increasing penalties for the illegal sale and possession of firearms
Let us remember while reading this that the filthy corrupt DimocRAT pols want to make us all into instant felon criminals. :mad:

A database maintained by The Associated Press and USA Today in partnership with Northeastern University tracks this large-scale violence dating back to 2006

Here's the data for MA
View attachment 774425
Looks like the majority are domestic murder/suicides (someone kills their family and themselves over domestic troubles)

SECTION 1. Section 10 of chapter 269 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 90, the word “five” and inserting in place thereof the following word:- 10.
SECTION 2. Section 10 of chapter 269 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 110, the word “seven” and inserting in place thereof the following word:- 20.
SECTION 3. Section 10 of chapter 269 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 112, the word “ten” and inserting in place thereof the following word:- 20.
SECTION 4. Section 10 of chapter 269 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 114, the words “fifteen years” and inserting in place thereof the following words:- life imprisonment.
SECTION 5. Section 10 of Chapter 269 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by inserting in line 138 after the after the word “years”:- or not less than 3 nor more than 10 years in state prison. And striking out the words “or by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars.”
SECTION 6. Section 10 of chapter 269 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 156, the word “5” and inserting in place thereof the following word:- 20.
SECTION 7. Section 10 of chapter 269 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 201, the word “ten” and inserting in place thereof the following word:- 20.
SECTION 8. Section 128 of Chapter 140 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 11, the word “ten” and inserting in place thereof the following word:- 20.
Is this new?

Yes I saw his proposed legislation. Im talking about just have the penalty apply if you use a firearm while committing a crime. He just wants to go after possession and whittle it down to any possession.

I sent this letter to all of them - committee members, senators, house members et tal - Feel free to use any part of it if you choose.

Greetings xxxx,

I hope this letter finds you well.
As a MA property owner, registered voter and small business owner I'd like to bring up an important point concerning the proposed legislation HD.4420 that seems to have been under the radar.
Aside from my being in opposition to this bill for many reasons - I hold 3 Federal Firearms Licenses and a MA State dealers license. This bill will literally put me and all licensed MA dealers OUT of BUSINESS ! Not because a lot of firearms will be banned but because of the new restrictions such as :ie serialized gun parts (barrels, magazines etc) to name only a few AND the shipping requirements for Fed Ex, UPS & USPS.
Suppliers will stop shipping to us. Firearms manufacturers will not serialize barrels, magazines, parts etc. to satisfy these new laws you are trying to impose. Because of our already convoluted laws some 30% of the suppliers I have accounts with refuse to ship anything to MA. They don't understand our laws and they just refuse to deal with MA businesses.
Think about it - every business will close, thousands of employees out of work, good hard earned money and time invested to start and run a business gone because of HD.4420.
Please consider all the ramifications to us - We are not illegal gun traffickers - we are hard working honest business people trying to make a living and support our families so we can enjoy living in this great country.

Until you deal with mental health and punish the criminals nothing will change no matter how many laws you pass.

I hope you won't support HD.4420.

Should you care to speak with me please feel free to email or call/text me anytime - xxx-xxx-xxxx

Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,
Redacted

Please don’t advocate anything by Linsky, the guy is Satan

The leftist antis have always stated the 2A covered muskets only. They care little about the context of right to bear arms. So when the bill get called act to modernize gun laws they are showing exactly that they believe the 2A was for colonial times only. Now they will try to convince us that its just house keeping....kinda like the Grinch telling little Cindy he was only taking her tree for repairs.
i've spent a lot of time patiently explaining to my leftist friends the nuances. they revert to an even stronger bias over time, because that's what their group is telling them, and they will not see how their view on criminal justice and intervening a long time before a gun is actually used directly leads to this situation.

the groupthink is strong, newspeak is the language of the day.

they don't care. if removing all the guns saves one child, it's worth it. it's no longer a reasoned discussion. you should presume that the goal is a 28th amendment repealing the 2nd, which is what i've explained it would take.

i wish them luck. i will continue to fight for my civil rights.

Another letter I sent to them -

Good afternoon xx xxxxx,

I know how busy you are so I'll make this brief.

My name is bla bla bla.

Thank you for the job you do. I know it can be a thankless job sometimes. Been there done that.

I am a homeowner, small business owner and a registered voter.

I'd like to express my strong opposition to HD 4420.

Instead of targeting law abiding legal gun owner citizens, who I might add, have gone through extensive background checks with local PD's, Sheriffs Dept and the FBI (finger prints, pictures, interview et tal) and emerged "squeaky clean" to be firearms licensed - might it make more sense to look more into mental health and increasing stricter laws/jail time for actual criminals, drug dealers etc. who this bill will NOT effect and will have little to no impact on crime/shootings?

Please give this some serious thought - to pass this kind of legislation is a feel good reaction to satisfy/pacify the general public that MA government is doing something to combat crime and violence. Targeting law abiding citizens is not the answer.

Please respond to me with any questions or concerns either by phone (xxx-xxx-xxxx) or email (xxx xxxxx@xxxxx).

Thank you for your time and stay safe.

Respectively,
xxxxxxx

I always love the "if it saves even one child's life..." then we need to ban toilets and 5 gallon buckets!! More children in Marxachusetts are killed that way AND don't forget about swimming in pools ponds and the ocean!
there are between 800,000 - 1.2M abortions performed in the united states every year. imagine what vision zero for fetuses might look like?

i don't advocate for that. but i do use that to teach people the concept of order of magnitude and intellectual consistency ...

I take that stuff about it seriously as I do the media talking about Meghan and Harry…..🤣 just because they bray about something loudly doesn’t mean that it’s actually important. oh those mass shootings are do drama that we should ignore the thousands of drug/alcohol deaths or small group violence in places like shitcago. 🤣

media is tone deaf
until you deal with the public at large, you will not realize how badly our math/engineering education system has failed us. failure to understand orders of magnitude is the simplest, most un-understood concept of all.

a prosperous united states needs less dei, more algebra.

Back
Top Bottom