Massachusetts deer season coming to an end.

NES Member
All in all I can call it successful season. I got a Doe and a small 1-1/2 year old Buck. Wish I could go out tomorrow with the guys, but I have to pay the bills. I Have taken quite a bit of time off this year for hunting and the holidays.
For everyone headed out tomorrow.
Good Luck!! And if you are In need of little inspiration. Here is a few wise words from Mr Daniels.lol

View: https://youtu.be/U9AqsIiWsgA

Last edited:
I've never been a squirrel Hunter but I'm going out tomorrow. I'm going to take my 6-year-old son out. I want to get him in the woods. He really takes fishing serious and has an interest hunting. I want to try to start him young. I wish someone did that to me I didn't start hunting until I was an adult. Hopefully in 10 years he'll be setting my deer stand up and telling his old man where to go.

Didn't put too much time or shall I say "waste" time myself this year here.

Had a lot of stuff going on at work to do, but had some free time too. Just didn't feel it this year. Tough to hunt this horrible state after hunting states like CT, PA and KY where you see 10 deer everyday and don't feel like you have to shoot the only one you see.

Going out to the desert of Central MA where just seeing a deer is a big deal, is not for me anymore.

I might chase some Coyotes if I feel like it......

Will be going to Addieville with the dog I'm sure.

Might do a Florida or South Carolina hog hunt, have a ton of airline points to use up, and I'll be using those for an out of state hunt next fall for sure.

Last edited:
Always mixed feelings on last day. Bummed it’s over, but kinda relieved, as I don't spend every waking moment obsessing over getting out there. I had a lottta luck this season, the deer gods were good to me. 2 big does a coyote, and a nice 8pt buck. I always split the meat with my hunting buddies so everyone gets something. I added some more good memories and pics to the memory bank. It is the people you hunt with that makes it a memorable experience. I am fortunate to have some good hunting buddies.
Happy New Year to you all!🎉🎉
Be well

Last edited:
I've never been a squirrel Hunter but I'm going out tomorrow. I'm going to take my 6-year-old son out. I want to get him in the woods. He really takes fishing serious and has an interest hunting. I want to try to start him young. I wish someone did that to me I didn't start hunting until I was an adult. Hopefully in 10 years he'll be setting my deer stand up and telling his old man where to go.

Take it slow and don’t assume they’ll love the same hobbies that you do. I probably over did it. At 25 and 22, my boys have a little interest in guns and none in hunting.

Take it slow and don’t assume they’ll love the same hobbies that you do. I probably over did it. At 25 and 22, my boys have a little interest in guns and none in hunting.
Thanks, I'm not going to push it. It was more of just a woods walk today. We have to work on the being quiet lol. He was happy to be out there with his uncle and I. I let him bring his BB gun. So he felt like one of the guys. He wants to go out again even though we got skunked.

Last edited:
Society now is different when we grew up. These kids nowadays are more into computers and video games than anything else.......and girls. In my 20's if i played video games I would think I was a loser. I was busy working, building a house up, and having kids and trying to hunt as much as I could in between.

I do agree you can overdo it.......

Man, good for you. I tried to get to a hunter ed class all year and couldn't get a spot. The boogaloo didn't happen either so the only hunting I did this year was for toilet paper at costco.

Feeling fortunate to have a full freezer.
2 in NY, one with bow and one with rifle. In 42 years of hunting my first big game animal with a rifle as my hometown county finally approved rifle hunting.
I drove 5 hours and killed a six point with my .270 at about 80 yards walking into my stand....A 7 minute hunt. The hydrostatic shock was impressive - deer folded like he'd been hit by lightning.
My wife is complaining as she cant get anything out of the garage freezer due to all the venison in there. Time for new freezer I guess...[smile]

Feeling fortunate to have a full freezer.
2 in NY, one with bow and one with rifle. In 42 years of hunting my first big game animal with a rifle as my hometown county finally approved rifle hunting.
I drove 5 hours and killed a six point with my .270 at about 80 yards walking into my stand....A 7 minute hunt. The hydrostatic shock was impressive - deer folded like he'd been hit by lightning.
My wife is complaining as she cant get anything out of the garage freezer due to all the venison in there. Time for new freezer I guess...[smile]

What’s your hometown? I always thought the northern / southern zone rifle /shotgun split was weird. Loved rifle hunting up in Camden. Would have been nice to use a rifle in Morris (Otsego county) when I lived there.

I loved living in central NY. The taxes and gun laws are problematic.

Man, good for you. I tried to get to a hunter ed class all year and couldn't get a spot. The boogaloo didn't happen either so the only hunting I did this year was for toilet paper at costco.
Take the tx online course. Then buy your hunting license online......you can be hunting in 2 days. My brother did it this way before deer season this year.

I'll see if I can find the link but my this was my brother's first year. I had him take it online out of Texas. He took it about a week before Archery started. He put an arrow in a deer his third sit ever.

Society now is different when we grew up. These kids nowadays are more into computers and video games than anything else.......and girls. In my 20's if i played video games I would think I was a loser. I was busy working, building a house up, and having kids and trying to hunt as much as I could in between.

I do agree you can overdo it.......
Don't know whether I'm lucky or did things right but my son is 19 and We've never owned a video game console and my son has never played video games ever. He graduated number 7 out of 300 in his senior class and rowed crew for 4 years spring and fall. In college now for criminal justice and international relations. Were going hunting for small game Sunday morning in nh. He still loves to hit the woods with his old man. Guess I lucked out and I'm a damn grateful man for it.

Don't know whether I'm lucky or did things right but my son is 19 and We've never owned a video game console and my son has never played video games ever. He graduated number 7 out of 300 in his senior class and rowed crew for 4 years spring ans fall. Inollege now for criminal justice and international relations. Were going hunting for small game Sunday morning in nh. He still loves to hit the woods with his old man. Guess I lucked out and I'm a damn grateful man for it.
Too many kids get behind a gaming console and lose out on the outdoors !

What’s your hometown? I always thought the northern / southern zone rifle /shotgun split was weird. Loved rifle hunting up in Camden. Would have been nice to use a rifle in Morris (Otsego county) when I lived there.

I loved living in central NY. The taxes and gun laws are problematic.

Tompkins County. All the counties around us had gone rifle but Tompkins was getting held back by the communists in the county seat, Ithaca.

I hunted in Odessa/Mecklenburg for about 10 years at a camp I built with a friend on his 100 acre tree farm. We always filled our tags shotgun season. I think it’s rifle now.
Yep, that's a stones throw from where I hunt in Trumansburg, Waterburg, Hector....It's all rifle now.

Back
Top Bottom