• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Legislature Voting on Anti-Civil Rights Bill TODAY!

From GOAL:

The Massachusetts House of Representatives is voting TODAY on a bill that includes an amendment that would change the Commonwealths licensing scheme. Amendment 13 "Licensure" to H. 5046, An Act to improve and modernize the information technology systems and capacities of the judiciary-a technology bond bill-includes language that would, among other items:
1. Codify "suitability" requirement language that GOAL asserts violates the text, intent and spirit of the Bruen decision;
2. Cut the length of time an LTC is active from 6 years to 3 years, effectively doubling the fees for licensure; and,
3. Require in person interviews for licensure-including renewals.
Please contact your Representative IMMEDIATELY and let them know this amendment is unacceptable and should not be passed. You can find your legislator's contact information here: Find My Legislator
You can find the text of the amendment here: https://malegislature.gov/Search?searchTerms=h5046

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Apparently I don't have a state rep? The website to look up my representative says "vacant." So...I'm getting taxed and having my rights taken away without any representation in the state house. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I feel like I have heard of a situation like this before.

1658429852850.png

Just sent an email to my Rep. Natalie Higgins. I don't expect a reply and I expect her to vote yes because she's a good little apparatchik. I told her to expect massive lawsuits if this outrageous bill becomes law. Hmm, I wonder where the COP Association is on this, I'm sure they wouldn't be happy with 3 yr licenses and mandatory interviews for every renewal.

Called my reps office, I think I woke him up. He asked me numerous times if I was calling to oppose it. I said at least three times I am calling to oppose it, it's unacceptable. He finally said o.k.so we'll put you down as opposing this. It's good to see the state is still getting the cream of the crop for employees.

Just voiced my displeasure to my rep who is running unopposed in the primary and state election this year. Doubt I will be heard but I have to say something and point to it when I finally leave this state.

I'm a bit surprised that they didn't wait until after the election. Then again, they appear to be copying the NW legislature and their practice of passing bills overnight without even a pretense of a public hearing.

In MA, they usually reserve that for raises for the legislature.

it was only a matter of time before the BS started rolling

I’m screwed my rep is the moron giving a hard time to the people that were signing the petition for driving licenses for illegals at cabellas

Massachusetts is a write off. Anybody still there who cares about rights should leave and help to keep free states free.
...meanwhile, a report from @Slapshot from the last bastion of freedom in the northeast:
Vote by mail request forms already being delivered to NH residents.

HTF is this kosher???

Fraud-By-Mail Machine goes Wrrrrrrrrrrrr.

This will pass if the Speaker and Senate President want it to. Any Democrats that think it won't play well with their constituents will be given the green light to vote "No" as in the end they'll look good and it won't change the outcome.

I expect the nitwit in the corner office will sign it. He's about this smart,

View: https://youtu.be/W2beJKmdbgs

A song comes to mind "Wastin' away again in Mauraville, searchin' for my lost AR, some people say that there's a woman to blame, but I know it's the twats fault". All together now...bet you can’t get that tune out of you head now!

If you're looking for updates on whether this passes or not, this will be where to find it. It got pushed to bills in 3rd reading, so might come back out for today's session, or might come up during the next formal which may take place anytime between now and 7/31 (including weekends).

https://malegislature.gov/Bills/192/H5046/BillHistory

For larger bills they'll typically "bundle" amendments together into what are called consolidated amendments, but since there's only 16, it's possible that each will get a vote. If/when they have a roll call vote, I'll try to post that.

One thing I noticed is that in general around here even very moderate suburban women will be in favor of gun control. I know two who voted for trump both times and they are scared of gunz and don’t think anyone should have them. One of them even broke up with a guy who had them when she found out, and I knew the guy, he’s a great catch (he eventually ended up marrying someone 15 years younger than the one who dumped him, and she shoots with him and she’s a surgeon and a smokeshow)

We’ve been bombarded by tv shows and movies for 40 years with little messages here and there about gunz and the portrayal of anyone who,likes them as a lunatic or an ignorant racist hillbilly. You can just casually be watching any show from the last 40 years and you’ll eventually see one of the characters make a comment about gunz bad!

One of them even broke up with a guy who had them when she found out, and I knew the guy, he’s a great catch (he eventually ended up marrying someone 15 years younger than the one who dumped him, and she shoots with him and she’s a surgeon and
Your friend looking to mentor? Asking for a friend.

In 2014 the legislature extended the term of permits to 6 years due to licensing officers being overburdened with demand. Now they are cutting the term in half without funding additional licensing officers.

I can see this getting whacked in court over the fees for exercising a Civil Right.

This BS is a good way to bring a lawsuit against the licensing scheme in general. No other state that I know of and if their others they’re definitely in the minority require their citizens to first be licensed before being able to purchase a firearm. Enough is enough and what these people don’t realize is that citizens here in MA have lived with the license scheme as it sits but we shouldn’t any longer if they continue to purpose and enact draconian laws like this bill.

One thing I noticed is that in general around here even very moderate suburban women will be in favor of gun control. I know two who voted for trump both times and they are scared of gunz and don’t think anyone should have them. One of them even broke up with a guy who had them when she found out, and I knew the guy, he’s a great catch (he eventually ended up marrying someone 15 years younger than the one who dumped him, and she shoots with him and she’s a surgeon and a smokeshow)

We’ve been bombarded by tv shows and movies for 40 years with little messages here and there about gunz and the portrayal of anyone who,likes them as a lunatic or an ignorant racist hillbilly. You can just casually be watching any show from the last 40 years and you’ll eventually see one of the characters make a comment about gunz bad!
People who watch toob - especially the TeeVeeNooz - tend to be suggestible, and suggestible people eventually find themselves on stage at a Mapes show cuz their hands are glued together.

View: https://youtu.be/7-pedoZV2qc?t=554

Done. I was respectful but not nice. Basically asked if she was tired of the state looking like the redheaded stepchild of legislatures when our laws get reversed and laughed at nation-wide. On top of the fact that the state can't process the licenses in a timely manner already!
Probably by design, if they double the licensing load, it'll take twice as long to get them thus depriving you of their rights. They want you squeezing blood out of a rock because your hand will get tired before the blood comes out.

Back
Top Bottom