• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Legislature Voting on Anti-Civil Rights Bill TODAY!

The time is coming, I’m gonna start suing everybody. The police aren’t high on my list. But it has the makings of a great lawsuit. And then I’ll leave the state. Get my guns back and do whatever I want
They don’t care about lawsuits. It’s not their own money they’re defending themselves with. They’ll just keep ratcheting up local tax rates to cover the cost of litigation.

Might as well just move. I’ve been thinking more and more seriously about doing it myself. I was going to wait one more decade and move right after retirement, but wouldn’t it just be better for my taxes to go to a state government that DOESNT hate me? Say…Ron Desantis’ Florida???

tired being polite.. if I see Scanlon, I'm gonna tell him he's a f***ing douche.

If I see Brad at a town meeting, I won't be as polite but I won't be exceptionally belligerent either. Christopher, however, is not the guy who made the vote. For all I know he might, in his heart, agree with us. He could even be a gun owner, who knows. I am appealing to Christopher to make my point to Brad Jones.

Treating Christopher (or any of the staff people really) inconsiderately would be like me getting mad at you for some policy or rule your boss pulled out of his ass. No need.

If I see Brad at a town meeting, I won't be as polite but I won't be exceptionally belligerent either. Christopher, however, is not the guy who made the vote. For all I know he might, in his heart, agree with us. He could even be a gun owner, who knows. I am appealing to Christopher to make my point to Brad Jones.

Treating Christopher (or any of the staff people really) inconsiderately would be like me getting mad at you for some policy or rule your boss pulled out of his ass. No need.
fine.. so tell Chris to tell Brad that he's a f***ing douche

So if this is passed into law, do current LTC’s expire three years from they date they were issued or is the expiration date on the license still valid? Obviously another scheme to jam law abiding gun owners up.

I'm sure the AG would have more "guidance" on that three or four weeks later. And, of course, it would be crystal-clear and answer every question.

So if this is passed into law, do current LTC’s expire three years from they date they were issued or is the expiration date on the license still valid? Obviously another scheme to jam law abiding gun owners up.
Funny I just checked mine and it has expired based on this.

Illegals get drivers licences and we get the shaft.

Maybe Christopher has been with Brad Jones long enough to say "You know, you really f***ed up on this one" or "that really was a douche vote, Brad" behind closed doors.

Damage is done though. Brad screwed our district.

Funny I just checked mine and it has expired based on this.

Illegals get drivers licences and we get the shaft.
Yep, same. that’s why I am asking.

I came here for good news after a long ass week working my ass off in the heat just to give 35% of it to the man in taxes. And here I am being kicked in the dick.

Anyone have a lead on decent towns in NH close to stores/civilization and within an hour of Boston? I’m just about done in MA.

Yep, same. that’s why I am asking.

I came here for good news after a long ass week working my ass off in the heat just to give 35% of it to the man in taxes. And here I am being kicked in the dick.
Yeah and I'm sure you worked your ass off the past 2.5 years while these pukes sat on their asses at home.

Those useless donkeys at GOAL better have a lawsuit on someone’s desk in the ‘effing morning but I have zero faith…f*ck
Please, lead by example. Start by telling us all the work you have done to help our rights in this State.

Then you can start calling others "useless donkeys"

Go ahead, tell us ...

I’m hoping there’s major pushback from police departments demanding the license duration going back to six years. It’s going to result in cities and towns getting sued over backlogs while begging the state for more money to hire additional licensing officers.

The application drop off that everyone has to do anyway will likely be the “interview”. The 3yr license is the real bullsh!t.
It won't.

They will make it as inconvenient as possible. Drop apllication, wait like 3 months, be told you have an interview in 4 months, do the interview then wait 2 months for your license. Do it again in 27 months.

They don’t care about lawsuits. It’s not their own money they’re defending themselves with. They’ll just keep ratcheting up local tax rates to cover the cost of litigation.

Might as well just move. I’ve been thinking more and more seriously about doing it myself. I was going to wait one more decade and move right after retirement, but wouldn’t it just be better for my taxes to go to a state government that DOESNT hate me? Say…Ron Desantis’ Florida???
It would just be unfortunate to move and then wind up in the exact same situation. I’ll probably have to for a while but either way their not get rid of me that easy…

I’ve still got some money left for a good lawsuit I’m just trying to pick the right one(s).. Hell I’m ready for another 10 year battle

The application drop off that everyone has to do anyway will likely be the “interview”. The 3yr license is the real bullsh!t.
My COP interviewed me for my last renewal and took the photo. Questions included "How are you?" and "How are the speeders over near (my neighborhood)? We get some complaints from time to time."

I suspect the COP will be annoyed at having to make small talk every three years now. Stupid, but not surprising.

Last edited:
I’m hoping there’s major pushback from police departments demanding the license duration going back to six years. It’s going to result in cities and towns getting sued over backlogs while begging the state for more money to hire additional licensing officers.
I can't see this not happening. It's like a tantrum. Damn right wing SCOTUS! Let's punch gun owners in the groin! Whoops, we also hit every police department too.

View attachment 640697 They are calling your name. Make the reservation and GTFO and enjoy your life.

Anyone that continues to live under a police state deserves what they get.
Pizza is hard to duplicate but you'll adapt.

Chinese food im able to do pork fried rice and chicken fingers at home...

You won't miss the snow.. better yet move to NH. I miss the Massachusetts "spirit" the way we talk and interact.

I don't miss the just non conservative BS and having to be a closet conservative and closet gun owner since I moved.

Yes and the state isn’t going to bail them out

You are proving my point. The fact that this caught pretty much everyone by surprise and that through their lobbying nobody had any time to raise awareness, read verbiage, etc is a failure.

'Useless donkeys' was a bit strong, I appreciate anyone fighting for our rights in this state but I'd like to see more out of GOAL. FPC and GOA have been better in MA as outsiders. Again, I'm pissed like everyone else, not looking to start a flame war.
I wonder if you understand how the process works. The amendment seems to have been proposed this morning. When that happened, GOAL messaged their membership. If the proposal came from folks who are actively opposed to GOAL, we shouldn't be surprised that they were kept in the dark.

Now the Senate needs to take this up and pass it before the end of session on 7/31.

Stay tuned.

We need a state constitutional amendment to prevent completely unrelated shit like this being tacked onto bills.

These changes should have been subject to hearings and a comment period.

It’s going to be a big headache for the state to be reprinting larger batches of licenses each year in addition to the postage.

The virtue signaling lemmings in the legislature have no idea how big of a headache they created for public employees because of the logistics involved.

I dont disagree with you in principle or process. The frustration comes from the fact that this amendment didnt write itself this morning, people knew things, and strong lobbyists have connections on both sides of the isle and their sole purpose is to influence for their cause. We had no opportunity or influence.
Yes and no.
Certain members (e.g. Linsky and Jaques) are actively hostile to gun ownership in MA. I've been present at their events where they badmouthed GOAL specifically and gun owners generally. They can write things like this behind closed doors, without word getting to Jim.

This isn't to say GOAL is perfect, nor to attack you, but some battles can't be fought with certain weapons. This one almost certainly was destined to go this way, especially since restrictions rolled over so quickly.

Back
Top Bottom