Massachusetts Legislature Voting on Anti-Civil Rights Bill TODAY!

I wonder if you understand how the process works. The amendment seems to have been proposed this morning. When that happened, GOAL messaged their membership. If the proposal came from folks who are actively opposed to GOAL, we shouldn't be surprised that they were kept in the dark.
I dont disagree with you in principle or process. The frustration comes from the fact that this amendment didnt write itself this morning, people knew things, and strong lobbyists have connections on both sides of the isle and their sole purpose is to influence for their cause. We had no opportunity or influence.

I dont disagree with you in principle or process. The frustration comes from the fact that this amendment didnt write itself this morning, people knew things, and strong lobbyists have connections on both sides of the isle and their sole purpose is to influence for their cause. We had no opportunity or influence.
Yes and no.
Certain members (e.g. Linsky and Jaques) are actively hostile to gun ownership in MA. I've been present at their events where they badmouthed GOAL specifically and gun owners generally. They can write things like this behind closed doors, without word getting to Jim.

This isn't to say GOAL is perfect, nor to attack you, but some battles can't be fought with certain weapons. This one almost certainly was destined to go this way, especially since restrictions rolled over so quickly.

Do you remember the last time the state amended the state constitution?

We need a state constitutional amendment to prevent completely unrelated shit like this being tacked onto bills.

These changes should have been subject to hearings and a comment period.

It’s going to be a big headache for the state to be reprinting larger batches of licenses each year in addition to the postage.

The virtue signaling lemmings in the legislature have no idea how big of a headache they created for public employees because of the logistics involved.

We need a state constitutional amendment to prevent completely unrelated shit like this being tacked onto bills.

It’s going to be a big headache for the state to be reprinting larger batches of licenses each year in addition to the postage.

The virtue signaling lemmings in the legislature have no idea how big of a headache they created for public employees because of the logistics involved.
Are you kidding?

The democrats love this stuff.

Now they can hire more of their cogs into the machine and raise taxes to pay for them.

Their donors will be the ones to get these plum jobs.

Just like the toll collectors of yesteryear who now have a lifetime pension since Fast Lane.

The state's share of the extra $100 fee will be enough for someone at the FRB to hire another pension eligible employee, and maybe even get a raise because they are now managing a bigger group.

The losers (besides LTC holders) will be the local police who will, after all the 6 year LTCs expire and the 3 year cycle is in full force, need to double the amount of time they spend processins applications, not counting the extra time for departments that were doing renewals without an in person interview. If the police lobby were aware of this in time, chances are it would have been pulled.

Certain members (e.g. Linsky and Jaques)

Jacques has been gone for years, but her comment "I do not seek, nor do I want, votes from GOAL members", combined with her inability to win by anything less than a landslide, shows what we are up against here in MA.

What would really kill me is, and let's just do this as a thought experiment, but let's say Massachusetts flipped red (I can dream right?). The republicans take power and started doing this, the dems would be screaming from the rafters about passing bills without public input. It only works in one direction. If they feel they can prey on the citizenry they will but when they lose power doing so will be judged to be unconstitutional abuse of power. This is why democrats are so despicable. The sad part is my rep left office so I technically have no representation on this matter.

The application drop off that everyone has to do anyway will likely be the “interview”. The 3yr license is the real bullsh!t.

I hope you're right on that one but I suppose it depends more on the leaning of the town. With the proliferation of lawn signs in my town it could go either way.

This will fly thru the senate and be passed for sure by the end of month. This backhanded shit will gain no traction in the media.

Proud of my rep. Hes One of the Seven that voted no and i will thank him for it. And thats how bad it is. 146 -7. We will never attain freedom here. Those of you that have hope thats great. Good luck.

Ive had hope here for a lifetime and all ive ever gotten is lost freedom.EVERY time supreme court or nation gun rights are losened….the MA legislation punishes its citizens. This and the MA AWB are perfect examples of that along with the other shit.

Yes and no.
Certain members (e.g. Linsky and Jaques) are actively hostile to gun ownership in MA. I've been present at their events where they badmouthed GOAL specifically and gun owners generally. They can write things like this behind closed doors, without word getting to Jim.

This isn't to say GOAL is perfect, nor to attack you, but some battles can't be fought with certain weapons. This one almost certainly was destined to go this way, especially since restrictions rolled over so quickly.

Marjorie C. Decker Democrat - 25th Middlesex (Cambridge), is also a huge foe of 2a and close friend of Maura Healy.
Marjorie and her staff have been putting together a lot of bills, some anti 2a for end of session, come August.

They are circling the cauldron, now that Maura is basically running unopposed. [pot]

Marjorie C. Decker Democrat - 25th Middlesex (Cambridge), is also a huge foe of 2a and close friend of Maura Healy.
Marjorie and her staff have been putting together a lot of bills, some anti 2a for end of session, come August.

They are circling the cauldron, now that Maura is basically running unopposed. [pot]
And I have the fortune of being represented by Decker and Jehlen :(

Jacques has been gone for years, but her comment "I do not seek, nor do I want, votes from GOAL members", combined with her inability to win by anything less than a landslide, shows what we are up against here in MA.
Thanks. I should have known that, but had given up on tracking for a bit.

That 3 yrs thing is crazy it was a pain but most towns pre pandemic had you come In an interview for 1st timers and renewal anyway somerville was one, my last renewal I called and made an appointment like 8 months before my current one expired. I still have 4 years on my current ltc and this is going to be a nightmare if it passes

The losers (besides LTC holders) will be the local police who will, after all the 6 year LTCs expire and the 3 year cycle is in full force, need to double the amount of time they spend processins applications, not counting the extra time for departments that were doing renewals without an in person interview. If the police lobby were aware of this in time, chances are it would have been pulled.

Too late for them to be aware and raise concern with the Senate?

Frost said the requirement that police chiefs meet personally with firearm license applicants for an interview will create an “administrative nightmare” for local police departments.

I love this. The only thing that might draw my suitability into question was that I wanted to talk to my licensing authority in person which was refused. This is gonna make for an interesting meeting..

Technically he didn’t have to talk to me because I wasn’t renewing. I was trying to be polite and give them a heads up but it just ended up making me look like a complete f***ing a**h*** because I was irate. But you didn’t see me climbing any clock towers. If all they have is one time in six years I was an a**h***. As far as suitability goes that’s pretty good.

The time is coming, I’m gonna start suing everybody. The police aren’t high on my list. But it has the makings of a great lawsuit. And then I’ll leave the state. Get my guns back and do whatever I want

Do yourself a BIG favor, save the expenses of any lawsuits and just leave the state. By doing so, you will be healthier both mentally and physically, you won't have any (or at least less ) bullshit gun laws to contend with depending on where you move to, you will be in the company of more like minded people including government officials and cops, you will enjoy your life more, your cost of living will likely go down, your peace of mind in general will be elevated.

You will also deny MA of your taxes, fees, fines and their ability to lord over you.

Vote with your feet and your wallet. Once you do, you will never look back.

I know Rep Day, he’s dumb as a stump and a clear “lifer” In the system. He‘ll be suckling on the Commonwealth teat long after we‘re all gone. He used to be at one of the big law firms, and how he managed that miracle is a mystery to everyone in the legal profession. He never made partner, so, they likely caught on. he Thinks he’s going to be governor or senator someday, if he weren’t a white guy I would say he has a shot, but, too many liberal females and minorities will always be ahead of him on the liberal ticket these days. Maybe he could be a cuckold LT. gov someday to get the white vote and he’ll pretend to be the “working class white guy“ on their ticket.

I can guarantee you that neither he, nor anyone on his staff has the brain power to craft or revise any law. He’s getting all of his marching orders from libs higher up and national anti-2a groups, who probably drafted his changes for him.
Ahh, your forgetting a sex change for Gov. Day.

You guys in MA need to start thinking about breaking out the torches and pitchforks on your esteemed and possible even duly elected (but I doubt it) political tyrants in office and appointed

Last edited:

Commies don't care about logistics, you should know that.

Back
Top Bottom