Massachusetts Legislature Voting on Anti-Civil Rights Bill TODAY!

And California has moved a bit more off spectrum with this:

Can we see more full retard from these states? But didn’t we see this coming? I still stand by my original assessment that states will be increasingly divided until we see a SCOTUS under pressure to make changes.

Any the law-fare battle continues...everybody needs to just stop telling everyone else WFT to do. Live your life and leave me the hell alone.

If I have to renew every three years, I want it to be an unpleasant experience for everyone. I’ll look and smell like a gremlin so they’ll want to burn everything I touch.
They'd say your neglect of personal hygiene demonstrates you are a threat to yourself and others and deny renewal.

Slippery sneaky cocksuckers
“Our proposal will consider everything from updating our firearm licensing and training framework, to clamping down on evolving technology designed to circumvent our safety laws, to refining tools that help identify individuals who pose a danger to themselves or others,” Mariano said. “

Can we see more full retard from these states? But didn’t we see this coming? I still stand by my original assessment that states will be increasingly divided until we see a SCOTUS under pressure to make changes.

I thought Newsom had proposed that awhile ago, like six months or so... All I know is this isn't my first time hearing about it.

From GOAL:

3. Require in person interviews for licensure-including renewals.
I don't think the bill actually says this. What's in the bill is a replacement of "may issue" with "shall, following a personal interview, issue". I don't read that as requiring that chiefs perform an interview for every renewal. Rather, I think this just preserves their authority to continue requiring interviews if they so choose, when previously this authority was inherent in "may issue".

It's all a big scramble over the recent Supreme Court hits.
MA DPH is racing to protect MA medical (aka abortion) providers from legal consequences regarding out of state patients seeking services in MA.

Ironic. The complete opposite of our AG sending threats to out of State Ammo shippers selling to MA residents, although it is legal to do so.

It's all a big scramble over the recent Supreme Court hits.
MA DPH is racing to protect MA medical (aka abortion) providers from legal consequences regarding out of state patients seeking services in MA.

Ironic. The complete opposite of our AG sending threats to out of State Ammo shippers selling to MA residents, although it is legal to do so.
Abortions are never ever referenced in the language within the COTUS but I seem to remember something about "...shall not be infringed!" written down in there someplace.

They'll get away with it if we let them. They must be stopped

Day said the licensing system currently works and makes Massachusetts one of the safest states in the country for gun violence. That’s why he said he wanted to better define the “suitability” standard rather than eliminate it. “People have freedom to apply for firearms,” Day said. “We want to make sure that our licensing authorities are considering who should actually get them, who’s safe and who’s not, who’s a responsible gun owner and who’s not.”

So they are doubling down on suitability. Regardless of what minor changes in wording have been implemented, suitability will not survive post Bruen. The subjective nature of such a decision can never be eliminated.

You mean like the current licensing deadlines that most never meet and nothing happens?
That was before SCOTUS declared 2A a fundamental right. Delaying a firearms license is now on the same level as a state delaying providing an ID in a timely fashion for someone to be able to vote in a state which requires voter ID.

Thanks for this. It reminds me of the Sullivan Act that just got SCOTUS’s attention last month.

I wonder whether they were both in response to the same immigrant groups? This old document doesn’t say explicitly, but it mentions laborers with stiletto knives.
The stiletto followed the first wave of Italian diasporato the city of New Orleans, Louisiana during the mid-19th century, where the knife became a popular weapon of gamblers, gang members, and assorted assassins.[22] The stiletto was involved in so many stabbings and murders in New Orleans that the city passed an ordinance in 1879 outlawing the sale or exhibition for sale of any stiletto within the city limits.[23] Italian immigrants to America frequently purchased or made such knives for self-defense,
Ah, well then. It seems that both of these laws targeted (southern) Italian immigrants, like my ancestors. I bet my great grandfather would have had a very difficult time getting the same LTC I have. And this is why I don’t have any heirloom firearms in the family. Because of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

If one stipulates that LTCs exist, there is no good reason that an LTC shouldn't be good for life. If someone mis-behaves, it can easily be revoked. Now that chief discretion is basically toast and FLRB is sending everything out with restrictions: none, there is no justifiable reason to make gun owners jump through hoops to prove they still meet objective criteria to be licensed every so many years, except to limit/discourage the right. This is a pretty clear "poll tax" to me and I think SCOTUS will have more to say down the road given the reaction of shitty States to the ruling.

Thanks for this. It reminds me of the Sullivan Act that just got SCOTUS’s attention last month.

I wonder whether they were both in response to the same immigrant groups? This old document doesn’t say explicitly, but it mentions laborers with stiletto knives.

Ah, well then. It seems that both of these laws targeted (southern) Italian immigrants, like my ancestors. I bet my great grandfather would have had a very difficult time getting the same LTC I have. And this is why I don’t have any heirloom firearms in the family. Because of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
IIRC ours and NYCs were contemporaneous, and both regions were seeing similar immigrant groups. It stands to reason that their motivations were closely coupled

Was going to send this out to our club. This look good?

Still needs to go to the Senate, right?

**Second Amendment**:
MA House Sneaks Anti-Civil Rights Language into Unrelated Technology Bond Bill
– Gun Owners Action League

Yesterday the Massachusetts House voted on a judicial technology bond bill that included some drastic changes to the Commonwealth’s gun licensing scheme. In a surprise move that surprised no one, with no warning the Democratic Leadership proposed the amendment, which had nothing to do with the bill, in the morning and by the afternoon rammed it through. Although Republican Leadership attempted to block the amendment, in the end it was included and the bill unfortunately passed with, disappointingly, some bipartisan support. You can find the roll call votes for both the amendment and the bill here:

Click Here for Roll Call H. 5046 Adoption of Amendment #13

Click Here for Roll Call Engrossment

Amendment adopted 120-33, final bill passed 146-7

This still has to go to the Senate for a vote.
Please contact your Representative IMMEDIATELY and let them know this is unacceptable and should not be passed. You can find your legislator's contact information here: Find My Legislator

Stay tuned later for a more in depth statement from GOAL further explaining what happened

I can't wait until someone files that suit and rams it straight up through the courts...
[rofl]

Once again, what they're waiting for is the CheatyMachine to do its thing in November, after which they will be installing an additional four Supreme Court "justices." And THIS becomes the CaseBeforeTheNewlyConstitutedCourt that "rights" the ship, and sets the evil precedences.

Moving isn’t the answer. By all means do so if you want, but freedom is only an election away and the demographics of all 50 are now (or soon will be) changing in favor of the commies.

You are being replaced because you reproduce too slowly and because you vote the wrong way. True Americans are too difficult to rule. It’s much easier to bring in peasants who are already trained to obey.

That was before SCOTUS declared 2A a fundamental right. Delaying a firearms license is now on the same level as a state delaying providing an ID in a timely fashion for someone to be able to vote in a state which requires voter ID.
LOL. With the validity time cut in half, you're going to wait longer than ever for your licenses/renewals.

If I see Brad at a town meeting, I won't be as polite but I won't be exceptionally belligerent either. Christopher, however, is not the guy who made the vote. For all I know he might, in his heart, agree with us. He could even be a gun owner, who knows. I am appealing to Christopher to make my point to Brad Jones.

Treating Christopher (or any of the staff people really) inconsiderately would be like me getting mad at you for some policy or rule your boss pulled out of his ass. No need.
My "Hey i'm a gun owner too " Rep couldn't whip out the pen any faster to sign the red flag bill without tearing a muscle.
Remember this shit the next time they come sucking around for votes at your club.
Give them a hail and hearty GFYS.

Moving isn’t the answer. By all means do so if you want, but freedom is only an election away and the demographics of all 50 are now (or soon will be) changing in favor of the commies.

You are being replaced because you reproduce too slowly and because you vote the wrong way. True Americans are too difficult to rule. It’s much easier to bring in peasants who are already trained to obey.
Correct.

If these Ma**h***s were really at all concerned, by now some of these legislators' houses would have burned to the ground, and some of their skulls would have been smashed by a well-swung piece of rebar.

Back
Top Bottom