Massachusetts model for US gun safety?

Scumbag, lying POS. I've said it approximate 1,500 times on here and elsewhere. It is not common sense...it is an unconstitutional infringement upon my rights.
It's just common sense to make it harder, instead of easier, for criminals, the dangerously mentally ill and people with a history of domestic violence to legally carry concealed weapons in public.
Do these idiots ever bother doing any fact checking at all? "Dangerously mentally ill"? Probably been judicially committed at one point. Prohibited person. "History of domestic violence"? If they've been charged and convicted, prohibited person. Jesus.

"Of the 722 people killed by concealed carry permit holders only nine of them were killed by a Massachusetts citizen with a license to carry (compared to Texas and Florida which had 36 and 69, respectively in the same time period)."

Taking the population of the 3 states and using their numbers:

State "Kills" per 100,000 by LTC holders
MA: .133424101
TX: .133546225
FL: .346850499

I'm guessing that they include self defense/justifiable in their numbers since they are talking about GZ. They probably also include police since they've been caught doing that in the past. One thing that jumps out is how low the rate is for LTC holders. Wonder what the rate is for licensed drivers is. Oh yea, these numbers are for the past 8 years according to them. Not sure why FL is so high but TX doesn't differ much from MA.

I blame Zimmerman for FL showing so poorly.

MA - most dangerous state in the Northeast. This state isn't a model for anything other than corruption and civil rights violations.

NH, VT and ME far less violent crime, in fact three of the top 5 SAFEST states in the US.

Why did they choose TX and FL to compare MA with instead of 3 states that border are that are within 20 minutes to their north?

Talk about Cherry picking data!!

Last edited:
"Of the 722 people killed by concealed carry permit holders only nine of them were killed by a Massachusetts citizen with a license to carry (compared to Texas and Florida which had 36 and 69, respectively in the same time period)."

Taking the population of the 3 states and using their numbers:

State "Kills" per 100,000 by LTC holders
MA: .133424101
TX: .133546225
FL: .346850499

I'm guessing that they include self defense/justifiable in their numbers since they are talking about GZ. They probably also include police since they've been caught doing that in the past. One thing that jumps out is how low the rate is for LTC holders. Wonder what the rate is for licensed drivers is. Oh yea, these numbers are for the past 8 years according to them. Not sure why FL is so high but TX doesn't differ much from MA.

I blame Zimmerman for FL showing so poorly.

Flawed study. First of all, it doesn't take into account how many people were killed by people that have guns illegally or do not have a CCW. Also, in MA one needs a license to gun, where that is not the case in FL or TX.

Talk about comparing apples and hang grenades.

Best measure of safety, violent crime rate per 100K. Antis stay away from this though, b/c they want "Gun Violence" to be a thing. If one is stabbed, beaten or shot to death, they are still DEAD!

oh good old Rosey, what a slick politician he is.

Talk about a lot of money and a lot of time. Maybe he should develop a massive gun free compound for all his inner city youth to move into.

What is this guy's back story anyway in regards to guns that traumatized him into being an idiot?
Why is he so fixated on destroying the 2nd amendment while constantly claiming to be "legitimate" gun owner -- whatever that means. I'd like to see his Unrestricted Red Town LTC that he got with all that cash, influence and privilege.

Last edited:
On the evening of February 26, 2012, a 28-year-old man with a permit to carry a concealed handgun in Florida, reported a suspicious person in his neighborhood to the local police. Despite being told by the 911 dispatchers to stay in his car and not engage the person, the man pursued the teenager and ultimately shot and killed him. Over the next two years the shooter would continue to hold a concealed carry license despite multiple domestic violence altercations, including pointing a shotgun at one woman and throwing a wine bottle at another. In 2014, during a road rage incident the same man threatened another driver. The other driver told police that during the incident he said "I will ... kill you," followed by "Do you know who I am?"

Unfortunately, we are all too aware of who this man is, George Zimmerman, and we should have no interest in his state's laws becoming the national standard for concealed carry firearm license holders. Regardless, that is exactly what was proposed by Florida Congressman Richard Nugent. Congressman Nugent's proposed law currently in the U.S. House of Representatives mandates that all states honor the concealed carry permits of other states. A similar law has been proposed in the Senate by Senator John Cornyn of Texas.

His lies start quickly, second sentence. The 911 dispatcher never said to stay in his car, at a point the dispatcher asked zimmerman if he was following the person (it was already known zimmerman was out of his car), when zimmerman said yes, the dispatcher said 'ok, we don't need you to do that.'. There was no order, even if ordered, it's not something he would need to follow. There is no evidence to suggest zimmerman continued to follow, and no evidence he was the one to engage saint trayvon (if fact, I believe the saint fat female friend rachel gentile said the saint confronted zimmerman).

So many other lies. I'm on an Ipd and it's a pain to correct rosenthal lies, my fingers get tired.

Their point is that the Rube Goldberg MA licensing scheme is so much better than TX and FL at preventing LTC holder "killings" that we can't possibly allow people who didn't go through that process to roam the pristine states like MA. Looking at TX and MA, there is no difference. Looking at FL and MA, there is very little difference.

Of course, I think even one LTC "killing" is too many. Simple legislation abolishing the LTC in MA will bring that number to zero.

Rosenthal makes a compelling case: if you believe his lies.

Somebody needs to fact check this garbage.

Bad info, wrong stats, flat out lies.

It appears as if the comments are off... :(

Of course, I think even one LTC "killing" is too many. Simple legislation abolishing the LTC in MA will bring that number to zero.

If that incident was deemed justified/self defense, "one LTC killing" is just right. Exactly the kind of protection the LTC is supposed to be there for...otherwise, had he not been carrying due to "Simple legislation abolishing the LTC in MA" , that law abiding LTC holder would have been the one killed.

Last edited:
Wow
Folks from all over the country that probably never heard of him before nailed him dead on after a paragraph or two.
Don't leave MA. Johnny.
Only here your brain dead supporters can't smell what they are stepping in.

Rosenthal makes a compelling case: if you believe his lies.

Somebody needs to fact check this garbage.

Bad info, wrong stats, flat out lies.

It appears as if the comments are off... :(

None of this matters because Rosenthal is nearly always in a venue where he has the floor and everyone else has the mute switch enabled.

-Mike

If that incident was deemed justified/self defense, "one LTC killing" is just right. Exactly the kind of protection the LTC is supposed to be there for...otherwise, had he not been carrying due to "Simple legislation abolishing the LTC in MA" , that law abiding LTC holder would have been the one killed.

That's not how I read the comment. Abolishing the LTC and allowing constitutional carry is how I read it. The killings by LTC holders would be 0.

Back
Top Bottom