• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts most armed town

That's easy.

Without even looking, here are four of the bottom 10: Boston, Brookline, Cambridge and Chelsea

Watertown and Canton are easily worse than all of those.

ETA: holy chit, realized this was a necropost. Info in this article is probably well out of date at this point... particularly given Obamascare 2.

-Mike

Damn Peabody didn't even make the list, guess that means a lot of people are denied the right to defend themselves here!

Charles.

I think one good thing for us is, if you take the total # of all LTC A in MA and multiply that times $100 you will see a even more staggering average that the commonwealth receives every 5 years.

Now take all fire arms permits and put them in, and that is a shit ton of revenue if you ask me.

StevensMarksman

Last edited:
Beverly residents should wake the **** up. The Beverly COP is VERY Pro LTC "A" (CCW). But, he has, so far, unsuccessfully applied for other COP jobs in other larger metropolitan cities. Point is, when/if he does leave, god knows what his replacement might look like. The (outgoing) Mayor is not exactly a card-carrying LTC A supporter (so it seems). Great guy otherwise.

Last edited:
How was Maynard on that list. I can't seem to get the page to work for me

Maynard is not ranked.
Moved from Maynard to #56. Making this list. Movin on up.

Also. If you are on a laptop. Just move the mouse over the slides for a town name. Use the main tabs to move the pages of slides. You don't have to click every one.

Damn. lots of permit holders on the cape.

Ya, surprised about Nantucket.

- - - Updated - - -

Maynard is not ranked.
Moved from Maynard to #56. Making this list. Movin on up.

Also. If you are on a laptop. Just move the mouse over the slides for a town name. Use the main tabs to move the pages of slides. You don't have to click every one.

[video=youtube_share;FHDwRECFL8M]http://youtu.be/FHDwRECFL8M[/video]

And do - what?

+ 1

Before Mark Ray was Chief, John Cassola was Chief, the Firearms guy under both of them was Lt.Bill Terry. As long as Bill has that post I'm not worried about a thing, then again, with the changing of the guard, Bill might move up. I don't know what I, as a citizen of Beverly, can do to change who gets in.

+ 1

Before Mark Ray was Chief, John Cassola was Chief, the Firearms guy under both of them was Lt.Bill Terry. As long as Bill has that post I'm not worried about a thing, then again, with the changing of the guard, Bill might move up. I don't know what I, as a citizen of Beverly, can do to change who gets in.

Bill is a great guy and, as you intimated, very Pro LTC A. But that will be immaterial if the new COP has a different orientation (if you know what I mean). So back to my original point, I would urge ALL Beverly residents to take full advantage of the current licensing climate.

saugus #80 woo hoo !!!

saugus was 4.63% which if you really think about, it is a very small number. that's about 5 people out of 100. when i look at 100 people in a row. i differentially think their is more than 5 people carrying.

btw most guns per state, yes that's mass all the way at the bottom.

• States with Extremely High Populations of Gun Owners(more than 50%)
  • 1. Wyoming - 59.7%
  • 2. Alaska - 57.8%
  • 3. Montana - 57.7%
  • 4. South Dakota - 56.6%
  • 5. West Virginia - 55.4%
  • 6. Mississippi - 55.3%
  • 6. Idaho - 55.3%
  • 6. Arkansas - 55.3%
  • 9. Alabama - 51.7%
  • 10. North Dakota - 50.7%

• States with High Populations of Gun Owners
  • 11. Kentucky - 47.7%
  • 12. Wisconsin - 44.4% (Battleground state. See Wisconsin in 2012 Elections.)
  • 13. Louisiana - 44.1%
  • 14. Utah - 43.9%
  • 14. Tennessee - 43.9%
  • 16. Oklahoma - 42.9%
  • 16. Iowa - 42.9% (Battleground state. See Iowa in 2012 Elections.)
  • 18. South Carolina - 42.3%
  • 19. Kansas - 42.1%
  • 20. Vermont - 42.0%
  • 21. Missouri - 41.7% (Battleground state. See Missouri in 2012 Elections.)
  • 21. Minnesota - 41.7%
  • 23. North Carolina - 41.3% (Battleground state. See North Carolina in 2012 Elections.)
  • 24. Maine - 40.5%
  • 25. Georgia - 40.3%

• States with Below Median Populations of Gun Owners
  • 40. Delaware - 25.5%
  • 41. Florida - 24.5% (Battleground state. See Florida in 2012 Elections.)
  • 42. California - 21.3%
  • 42. Maryland - 21.3%
  • 44. Illinois - 20.2%
  • 45. New York - 18%
  • 46. Connecticut - 16.7%
  • 47. Rhode Island - 12.8%
  • 48. Massachusetts - 12.6%
  • 49. New Jersey - 12.3%
  • 50. Hawaii - 6.7%

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom