• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Rifle Association - Woburn, MA

MRA sucks, they're always closed! And they gave my cat cancer. And they smell!

Just getting that out of the way before the unusual suspects show up.

What a douche.... You no longer in MA. No need to ditch your old club.

What a douche.... You no longer in MA. No need to ditch your old club.
BN7co.jpg

China - check your sarcasm meter because it definitely needs to be re-calibrated. Or taken outside and shot. Did you not notice the part where Stef said:

Just getting that out of the way before the unusual suspects show up.
I'm not an English professor and I don't have an special insight into the mind of Stef, but I think what that means is there are MRA haters on this board and he was making fun of them, not MRA itself.

Does that help?

AWe. This mother****er really need to learn how to speak english. Would some scrivener want to teach a chinese how to speak english?
[h=1]新年快樂 !!![/h]

From what I see this club has even more rules on top of MA cage. It's like divers going to watch sharks in a cage.... It's always nice to swim free....

AWe. This mother****er really need to learn how to speak english. Would some scrivener want to teach a chinese how to speak english?
[h=1]新年快樂 !!![/h]

Your English is a lot better that my Chinese. And you have a sense of humor. Double plus good.

Has anyone even seen the Loeb Range? Was the fire big? Is there any damage?

Or are we delayed in reopening while they wring their hands and try to figure out a way so this will NEVER happen again. Which is pointless. This is a known "weakness" with this kind of backstop, which is otherwise superior to other designs.

Its killing me. I've had my MG up here for almost 2 weeks now and haven't been able to shoot it.

Don

I just left there in the prep area was a few water pumps that they are done with. Down by the backstop there are multiple dryers and a few other pieces of equipment. They said they were having a meeting about it while I was there so there should be info on it today. I couldn't tell if the fire was that bib but they are still cleaning up the water damage portion of it. I bought a Sig the day before they shut it down I still have not been able to shoot it.

I just left there in the prep area was a few water pumps that they are done with. Down by the backstop there are multiple dryers and a few other pieces of equipment. They said they were having a meeting about it while I was there so there should be info on it today. I couldn't tell if the fire was that bib but they are still cleaning up the water damage portion of it. I bought a Sig the day before they shut it down I still have not been able to shoot it.

Are you afraid of the outside? ;-) I was on both the 25 yard and 50 yard today. It wasn't too bad.

I was there today. "The skinny" is that there was no damage to the range, but there was a *lot* of water in there, the entire depressed area of the range was filled, nearly overflowing into the shooting area.

That's all been pumped out and they're currently running blowers over the tire chunk backstop and a couple dehumidifiers. The RH is down to 40-mumble% from 98%.

They don't want to open the range until it's dry enough that they don't have to worry about mold or rust issues from the water in the tires. (rust on the carriers and equipment, mold in the tires)

Mold growing in there would shut down the range for another couple weeks while all the backstop material was replaced or cleaned.

They're going to decide officially tomorrow at the BoD meeting when they can open it, but it should be this week.

Are you afraid of the outside? ;-) I was on both the 25 yard and 50 yard today. It wasn't too bad.
I've been a member for years and I've only used the Loeb & Fazio ranges, I'm not afraid of the outdoors, I'm afraid of the dark [wink].
The fact that there's 24 hour access is the reason I joined MRA.

Getting close - this went out via email:

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED For Loeb Range Re-Openning: 6:00 PM tommorow, Tuesday January 8, 2013.
The Loeb Range needs volunteers to help rake the backstop and do some light maintenence work before it can reopen. All of the "heavy lifting" has been done and, with enough assistance, we can open the range as soon as the work is completed.
thank you

I understand completely. Thats one of the great things about MRA. 24 hr access to a range you can shoot just about anything on.
Everything up to but not including .50 BMG with no round limit.
Shotguns are slugs only loading maximum of three rounds.
No Blackpowder.

As good as it gets for me.

Back
Top Bottom