• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Rifle Association - Woburn, MA

I just stumbled upon this. Its allowed in Loeb, Summa, McLaughlin! A recent change!

Federal Green Tip 5.56 x 45mm - General Issues - Massachusetts Rifle Association Forums

I called them about a week ago and go the same answer (yes). Thanks for the link - I was worried since it wasn't in writing.

btw, I think the green tip is actually lead core, steel tip (magnet test confirms this), and not technically armor piercing, as that would be illegal to own. a ton of conflicting BS on the internet when trying to do a google search on this so I may be wrong...

Do the MRA rules change often? It looks like the rule book last changed in 2008.

How does MRA usually let its members know of rule changes?

The changes are posted on each range, and every once in a while they'll send out a flyer (snail mail) with major changes.

Generally the rules don't change that often, at least not in ways that are subtle and prone to catching people unawares.

In general, take a brief look at the rules board at each range when you walk in, if it looks all shiny and new, read it carefully. If you haven't been there in a while, read it carefully. The rules for each range aren't very long, it won't take you more than 45 seconds.

My wife and I passed the written test and shooting test yesterday, now we just have the interview left.
What happens during the interview? Thanks!

Mitch

My wife and I passed the written test and shooting test yesterday, now we just have the interview left.
What happens during the interview? Thanks!

Mitch

Congrats to you and your wife!

The "interview" is really just chatting with someone about your firearms background, experience, etc. it is no big deal at all. I don't think you can "fail" that one.

Welcome to club :)

The "interview" is really just chatting with someone about your firearms background, experience, etc. it is no big deal at all. I don't think you can "fail" that one.

I've heard of at least two people who failed the interview, and were returned their deposit/initiation fee.

But still, don't worry about it. Assuming you're responsible and not a total jackass, you should be fine.

I've heard of at least two people who failed the interview, and were returned their deposit/initiation fee.

But still, don't worry about it. Assuming you're responsible and not a total jackass, you should be fine.

i hope i do well then my interview is this Sunday i didn't do well on the written test

I don't even want to think of how much of a nitwit you would have to be to fail the interview.

Two examples out of 2,500 *current* members, with about 10% turnover, over the last 15 years (the guy who told me had been there a long time), so out of about 7k interviews, failures are in the single digits.

The rest of the math is left to the curious reader.

Wow... I'm sorry I said that earlier then. I didn't realize people can actually fail the interview!

How in the world....?!

Agreed, failing the interview involves a very poor showing on the part of the possible member.

Or maybe a terrible hangover on the part of the interviewer lol.

Mostly the first one though.

I have my orientation coming up this month. How do they determine if you 'pass' the shooting test? Is it scored by accuracy, or are they mainly just looking at the safe handling and operation aspect? I saw a revolver is one of the firearms they have you fire....I've shot a revolver once or twice, and that was like 7 years ago. I'm sure I can still handle it safely, but also hoping they're not just looking for some little thing to nail you on. I'm definitely not a revolver guy!

Are they cool if you haven't shot one the firearms in a while?

I have my orientation coming up this month. How do they determine if you 'pass' the shooting test? Is it scored by accuracy, or are they mainly just looking at the safe handling and operation aspect? I saw a revolver is one of the firearms they have you fire....I've shot a revolver once or twice, and that was like 7 years ago. I'm sure I can still handle it safely, but also hoping they're not just looking for some little thing to nail you on. I'm definitely not a revolver guy!

Are they cool if you haven't shot one the firearms in a while?

They aren't looking to screw you. Most important thing is to be safe. I had never fired a revolver before my test and I did fine. Know the range rules, follow all safety rules, and try like hell to hit the paper and you will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom