• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Rifle Association - Woburn, MA

This wouldn't be the first time MRA lost land to eminent domain. The way I understand it, the original MRA was over 50 acres with several more ranges than exist today, two of them were at 1,000 yards. When the state put Rt.128 in the took a large portion. I believe part of the Woburn Mall is now on the original range.

1000 yard range targets were in the middle of the current Lowes parking lot. That is on the west side of Route 128; just north of Commerce Way. Firing line was near the current archery range.

They are raising those steel beams another 18" because it's too low. Apparently that's the new supports beams for the roof that will hold the Fazzio air system.

That makes sense. Would have made more sense if they took out a measuring tape before they set the steel.

All of the carriers on the Loeb were put back in working order as of Wednesday the 12th.
Those of us who volunteer our time in the office and around the club will always welcome the assistance of other members who can help with maintanance and repairs etc.
It is an all volunteer staff after all.

All of the carriers on the Loeb were put back in working order as of Wednesday the 12th.
Those of us who volunteer our time in the office and around the club will always welcome the assistance of other members who can help with maintanance and repairs etc.
It is an all volunteer staff after all.

I am lazy but, once I get off my ass and apply and become a member, I will happily compensate the volunteer staff with pizza and beer.

Applied in late July, orientation and tests were today. It took a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Until recently there was a 4 month backlog for new members. The volunteers who run the office and the orientation process are in the midst of updating the process to try and reduce/eliminate that extended wait (results have been promising so far, today's group being an example).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until recently there was a 4 month backlog for new members. The volunteers who run the office and the orientation process are in the midst of updating the process to try and reduce/eliminate that extended wait (results have been promising so far, today's group being an example).

Yep. It seems that if you test well, they will interview you same day and give you your membership then. If you don't test as well, you may need to come back for a follow-up interview. I was surprised at the size of the group today, but the volunteers did a great job evaluating all of us on schedule.

Yep. It seems that if you test well, they will interview you same day and give you your membership then. If you don't test as well, you may need to come back for a follow-up interview. I was surprised at the size of the group today, but the volunteers did a great job evaluating all of us on schedule.

Congratulations and welcome to the club.

Does anyone know how much the guest policy is enforced? I usually almost bring a friend whenever I shoot, its more fun that way!
If you are bringing an individual guest more than 3 times in a year they are freeloading off your membership. A considerable amount of money was spent on the Pope range this spring, the renovations for the Fazio are well into six figures and as has been mentioned in earlier posts the carriers on the Loeb need a lot of repairs thanks to those who can't hit their target.
Where do you suppose the money comes from!?!
Come on by the office if you have any other questions, we will be happy to show you where your money is going.

If you are bringing an individual guest more than 3 times in a year *to a single range* they are freeloading off your membership. A considerable amount of money was spent on the Pope range this spring, the renovations for the Fazio are well into six figures and as has been mentioned in earlier posts the carriers on the Loeb need a lot of repairs thanks to those who can't hit their target.
Where do you suppose the money comes from!?!
Come on by the office if you have any other questions, we will be happy to show you where your money is going.

Note the change in bold.

Note that it's within the rules to take your friend Bob to Suma three times, Loeb three times, Fazio three times, Pope three times, all within a single calendar year without violating the rules. You can also, within that same year take your other friend Nancy to each of those ranges three times, without violating the rules.

However, you can't take Bob to the Loeb range four times.

But SkuaSeptember is right, if you're taking a guest anywhere near that often, your guest should get her own membership.

Note that it's within the rules to take your friend Bob to Suma three times, Loeb three times, Fazio three times, Pope three times, all within a single calendar year without violating the rules. You can also, within that same year take your other friend Nancy to each of those ranges three times, without violating the rules.

However, you can't take Bob to the Loeb range four times.

But SkuaSeptember is right, if you're taking a guest anywhere near that often, your guest should get her own membership.

That may be the way the rules are written, but as you said if you go that often you should join. Annual dues are what, $125? If you go more than 3 times a year it is a bargain.

In a club supported by membership dues, when you look for ways to get around the rules all you are doing is screwing your fellow members.

That may be the way the rules are written, but as you said if you go that often you should join. Annual dues are what, $125? If you go more than 3 times a year it is a bargain.

In a club supported by membership dues, when you look for ways to get around the rules all you are doing is screwing your fellow members.

Yep, I totally agree. 3 times/year/range is reasonable for a guest if your guest is your brother that lives in England, but for anyone local, that's *way* more than anyone needs to get a feel for the club and its ranges.

Called the office, voicemail box is full. Emailed the address in the voicemail message and haven't gotten a response.

In case you are planning on going to the office to sort things out - the office is closed today and will be closed on Sunday after Thanksgiving.

I'm getting frustrated by the lack of communication with the office. The voicemail box is still full, I called during office hours on Sunday and no one answered, I've emailed the address they say to email for a faster response, etc and gotten no response or reply.

I happened to be at the club one night and slid my dues renewal under the office door. Can anyone confirm they actually received it?

Back
Top Bottom