• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Rifle Association - Woburn, MA

Any chance someone can fix all the broken carriers in the Loeb? Was there today and there was at least 4 lanes down...people were pissed.

X2 on this. The club only offers 1 volunteer day a year for club maintenance that I know of. On that day you can put work in and get credit for $50 of your next year's dues. On the other 364 days of the year the maintenance of the club usually falls on the club officers. If the club had posted weekly or monthly work parties with the same $50 credit offered I am sure the club would be in better shape.

How about the members get together and actually volunteer in addition to the work day, the club belongs to us all. I worked on volunteer day and open to other days, with no credit

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I second this, Sunday mornings & afternoons are horrible for me(work and kids) so I have only done one work day. If I could volunteer on another day, I would.

How about the members get together and actually volunteer in addition to the work day, the club belongs to us all. I worked on volunteer day and open to other days, with no credit

I second this, Sunday mornings & afternoons are horrible for me(work and kids) so I have only done one work day. If I could volunteer on another day, I would.

Agreed, I'd definitely sign up. the club should offer more work days than what's currently being offered. The loeb range is a mess and more voulenteer days could help mitigate the problems in the loeb. Not fair to members paying decent money to have the range in that condition and even worse, being turned away because lanes are unusable. Can't even say it's the exception, it's more the rule these days and I know because I shoot there at least 3-4 times a month. More needs to be done than just cutting new cardboard targets and changing the trash.

If the club had posted weekly or monthly work parties with the same $50 credit offered I am sure the club would be in better shape.
My local club has annual "work days" with the discount, but also gives credit for special projects. If a member sees something that needs doing, all (s)he has to do is call El Prez, convince him it needs doing, and negotiate credit for the time. I haven't shown up to a "work party" at my club in years but still put in my hours.

X2 on this. The club only offers 1 volunteer day a year for club maintenance that I know of. On that day you can put work in and get credit for $50 of your next year's dues. On the other 364 days of the year the maintenance of the club usually falls on the club officers. If the club had posted weekly or monthly work parties with the same $50 credit offered I am sure the club would be in better shape.

Bring your idea up at a meeting, or bring it to the BoD. I'd say that getting things done is "for the good of the club."

slavery-gets-shit-done-tshirt.gif

My local club has annual "work days" with the discount, but also gives credit for special projects. If a member sees something that needs doing, all (s)he has to do is call El Prez, convince him it needs doing, and negotiate credit for the time. I haven't shown up to a "work party" at my club in years but still put in my hours.

Agreed, I'd definitely sign up. the club should offer more work days than what's currently being offered. The loeb range is a mess and more voulenteer days could help mitigate the problems in the loeb. Not fair to members paying decent money to have the range in that condition and even worse, being turned away because lanes are unusable. Can't even say it's the exception, it's more the rule these days and I know because I shoot there at least 3-4 times a month. More needs to be done than just cutting new cardboard targets and changing the trash.

You could always perform your "hours" during the year. Talk to the office, ask about projects and work with them. I was a member there for almost 20 yrs.

The work day is April 23rd so there is not much time.

Does anyone know if the work day is appropriate to bring family members (children)? Not for credit or anything, for them to pitch in to keep something nice that they enjoy.

Is there currently a back log of new memberships? Looking to join this as a secondary club. From previous posts on this thread there was mentions of 3 month wait and wanted to know if that is still the case.

There is not a significant backlog currently (thanks to some hard working volunteers and the membership committee streamlining the process). If you come in to sign up for an orientation they should be able to offer you a slot in the following month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is not a significant backlog currently (thanks to some hard working volunteers and the membership committee streamlining the process). If you come in to sign up for an orientation they should be able to offer you a slot in the following month.

thanks

Last edited:
There was a post on FB that Fazio is now open.

I believe that post was slightly premature (and has since been removed). My understanding is that the Fazio range should be open for member use very soon, and that when that happens the news will go out to both Facebook and the eBlast.

I believe that post was slightly premature (and has since been removed). My understanding is that the Fazio range should be open for member use very soon, and that when that happens the news will go out to both Facebook and the eBlast.

I was in MRA today, the Fazio range is still not available to the members - locked with a padlock. This kids favorite range has been closed for very long time...

Last time I was there (July 3rd) it was still closed
The Fazio Range still requires additional work to be performed.* The range will reopen on a limited basis requiring a Range Safety Officer (RSO)

Tuesday evening 7 -9 pm July 25, August 1, and August 8

More times might be added later

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Does anyone respond to the voicemails or the email address the voicemail says to use? I used both means of communication and haven't heard back in a few weeks.

Fazio range is open! Got this via email:

Please remember that the Fazio Range is limited to ONLY the following:
* * * *air pistols and rifles (pellet guns)
* * * *.22 caliber rimfire pistols and rifles (.22 short, long, or long rifle, .22 WRF)
* * * *No Magnum Calibers, 17 HMR, Centerfire Cartridges, or any other cartridges other than those specified.
As always, check the Range Rules for any other limitations.
The Fazio Range may only be used when the Air Handling System is on.
It takes approximately 4-5 minutes for the system to start after the timer is set.* All doors and windows must remain CLOSED while the system is on.* The timer is located on the left hand wall as you enter the range.* Turn the timer clockwise ONLY and the system will shut off automatically.* The lights switches, to the range, are also located on the same wall.* Please turn lights off when leaving.
The strobe light switch is located on the column and marked in yellow and needs to be on when down range.
Thank you for your time and patience during this ongoing process and for the countless hours volunteered by so many that made this possible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone, first post here. I'm looking to join MRA but it looks like the website is down and no luck calling the club. I did hear on the recording that there are some office hours this Sunday (9:30am to 12pm). Should I just stop by during those hours? Also what are the chances of getting membership before November 5th? (I'm guessing pretty slim from reading some of the previous posts). Any tips/info greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom