Massachusetts shoots 4/22-23

Big thank-you to Pat, Andre, Matt and Jeremy for an outstanding experience--educational and fun. Here they are with my 16-year-old who's holding 3 targets he shot consecutively for Rifleman scores. For the day, he shot five Rifleman targets. Appleseed is highly-recommended.
Out of everything this weekend, I was most impressed by your son. Not only as Rifleman, but his knowledge of our heritage and all of the other information that they teach at these things, he really knew his stuff! Hope to see you guys again!

Last edited:
Awesome, my 238 held up for the high weekend and won me the deck of cards. :) My redhat hat had be shooting them upside down (Still made 224) . Best of all however, was my son shooting 215 and 217. He was pretty stoked after the cycling issues he had yesterday. - - - Updated - - - Congrats, i was happier for my son than for me.
That is great! So good to see these young shooters doing so well!

Out of everything this weekend, I was most impressed by your son. Not only as Rifleman, but his knowledge of our heritage and all of the other information that they teach at these things, he really knew his stuff! Hope to see you guys again!

Thank you, Mr. Brownstone. That was outstanding shooting you were doing yesterday with the AR. About the only technique you didn't get around to was shooting backwards while aiming with a mirror; no doubt you would have shot Rifleman that way, too. You'd be an excellent Appleseed instructor.

It was a pleasure meeting you and your son Slap Shot.
Great shooting.
My first Appleseed Orange Hating in Mansfield, the overhead cover and real bathrooms made me feel bad for you guys roughing it in Leyden and Harvard[smile].
IMG_2724.jpgIMG_2719.jpg

This was my first Appleseed and I have to say it was a blast. I was very impressed with the instructors, the training, and history lessons. I never expected to end up earning Rifleman this time out and attribute it to all that training. Definitely a great event and I look forward to seeing you guys at another event soon!

Roughing it indeed... I have been to a few winter events, and I have *never* been as cold as I was on Saturday. Either that, or my memory isn't what it used to be. Sunday, now, that was nice...

Great shooting.
My first Appleseed Orange Hating in Mansfield, the overhead cover and real bathrooms made me feel bad for you guys roughing it in Leyden and Harvard[smile].
View attachment 196659View attachment 196660

With JOAT's bolt action CZ, no less... An awesome job following suggestions, applying fundamentals, but most of all *persisting*! Congratulations!

Now post some pics!

This was my first Appleseed and I have to say it was a blast. I was very impressed with the instructors, the training, and history lessons. I never expected to end up earning Rifleman this time out and attribute it to all that training. Definitely a great event and I look forward to seeing you guys at another event soon!

Roughing it indeed... I have been to a few winter events, and I have *never* been as cold as I was on Saturday. Either that, or my memory isn't what it used to be. Sunday, now, that was nice...

it was cold Saturday, no denying it. Sunday was great.

- - - Updated - - -

Great shooting.
View attachment 196659View attachment 196660

Same here, probably try to get some new shooters to the next one. Nice having one so close, and a nice facility.

I know this is last year’s thread but I can’t find the new one. Anyone signed up for Mansfield this weekend? Bringing 4 first timers. Should be a hoot. I’m bringing my new Savage B22 bolt. :eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom