• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Match Shot Firearms in Gardner, MA

Lloyd has brown hair and one of his arms has a sleeve tattoo. Most of the staff sit outside on nice days, but Lloyd's the guy with the cane. You probably talked to Charlie initially, he's the main man there, in his 50's with a crewcut. He just seems grumpy, it's the way he is, but if you're one of the regular's he'll take care of you.

I'm a young guy, and I went in there with a lot of questions when I first got into guns. They answered all of them, some better than others, but they are a good crowd of people who put up with all my pestering. [grin]

Oh, yup, I remeber Lloyd.
It must have been Charlie I talked to. I went there yesterday, and I got the immpression he just sounded and looks grumpy.
I always try to figure people out (what mood they're in), and Charlie was not the "norm". He looked and sounded grumpy, but after a couple times stopping by, I guess he isn't that grumpy.
I might just stop by again.

Something I've started doing is bringing in friends, like new licensees, even if it's just to look around. There's also been a few times where my friends have been looking for a particular gun, I've seen it there at a good price and let them know, and sent them on down. They tell them that I sent them.

Now whenever I go in, I'm greeted with a big smile and warm welcome. [smile]

I have dealt with the men at Match Shot and had great luck, both trading, buying and selling so dont hesitate to go to them for your firearm needs.. Very Professional and they know what they are talking about...

I think I'll post some more feedback, now that I've bought a gun from Match Shot.
The experience this time around was much better, and I actually rather like the place now. The process of buying a gun went smoothly (or as smooth as possible, with all the paperwork involved), and the price was very fair.
Recently I've found it enjoyable to chat with the guys there, and listed to the conversations of the "regulars".
Soooo, I guess I have to change my overall rating from a negative one, to a positive one. The guys there are full of good advice, and their prices are very competitive.

Just a bump for this place. Went in there yesterday, I didnt buy anything (but I have my eye on something). This is a small place kind of old, I spent some time talking with a young guy there. Charlie was further down talking to some regulars (actually knew one of them one a professional level, didnt know he was a gun guy). Anyway instead of trying to talk me into something they had, the young guy talk to me about a private s ale deal I have going and how it was a fantastic deal. He said take that deal you can make money on it. Just wanted to bump a small shop that doesnt get a lot of word on this forum. Definitely relaxed atmosphere and definitely a local hang out.

I also wanted to throw in my two cents and bump this thread. I bought my first pistol from them right after I got my LTC-A. A Walther P22 just for plinking. Anyway, Lloyd, Charlie and Bob were all great, as were the regulars who hang out. I was welcomed into the shop by everyone, and ended up leaving with a huge amount of knowledge (what I could actually retain, haha). Very helpful and informative on all levels. I have since been back several times for ammo, accessories and to shop for new hardware. Got two great deals on different occasions for trade-ins. I highly recommend this store.

They are an excellent store with very reasonable prices. Just ask for either Charlie or Lloyd. They will take good care of you. If you don’t find what your looking for just ask and they will gladly order a weapon of your choice for you. Enjoy! Have a great day!

I'll add my two cents. They are a great place to go. They have what I would describe as an eclectic inventory, but some great deals. Only problem is if there is a rare used gun, you need to be there soon after it has arrived and buy it. If it sits around for any time one of the regulars will scoop it up. Saw a great deal on an Colt there but figured I'd go back in a day or two; it disappeared the day I walked out. Two other times I was just in browsing, both times left with guns both at great prices (I could have turned both around in less than a week for a profit; S&W617 and a Remington shotty).

One of my favorite shops.
Great guys, might seem a little crusty first time, but always something good to buy and always a good deal to be had.
You just have to check in once in while to find the good stuff.

I buy a lot of ammo from these guys, great to deal with if you can't find it just ask.
Once you get past the decor and how things a thrown about its a decent place. :)

One of my favorite shops.
Great guys, might seem a little crusty first time, but always something good to buy and always a good deal to be had.
You just have to check in once in while to find the good stuff.

That's good to hear. I will have to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom