• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maura and MSP?

VTski4x4

NES Member
So just saw this pop up on FB. Maine man arrested for illegal possession in MA. Nothing unusual, see it all the time. What caught my eye was he was charged with illegal possession of an assault weapon, which you never see when gang-bangers get arrested in Dorchester with ARs. What is curious is that the weapon in question is easily purchased and sold in MA and I don't see enough features to make it an "AW." Do we think Maura is upto some tricks before she even takes office? Screenshot_20221209-105442_Facebook.jpg

They took the time to empty the bullets and stage them next to the mags in an OCD manner that I can appreciate.. I swear, must be some hack job created by the state where some guy goes around and poses guns and stuff.. Probably spent 10 hours working on the angles. They should have put like $16.00 in ones in there to complete the picture.

I think any type of "assault weapons" are illegal to possess in Boston, maybe he got busted in Boston? They just made up the definition of "assault weapon" ?

Or...

They threw massive charges at him to see what sticks.
#1 MSP don’t enforce Boston city laws/ordnances

#2 I don’t think Boston police have ever charged anybody with assault weapon violations under their 1989 law

It was in the passenger compartment and he declared it to the officer immediately as he was pulled over. Ignorance of our BS laws.

Does the article say anything about why he was pulled over? Common practice seems to be drive 20mph over the speed limit with your lights out at 2am .

That’s a HI-Point 9mm. Doesn’t accept double stacked mags. Was originally designed in response to the first AWB. They may as well add the charge of owning a really “FUGLY” firearm. Troopers can charge anything they want and see what sticks later.

Edit: Does not come with a threaded barrel.

Edit of my edit: Evidently you can get one with a threaded barrel.

Last edited:
He was probably just passing through Mass on the Pike or 84. The only infractions in my opinion were #7 License plate infraction and #8 operating an unregistered vehicle. The rest of those charges are all bullshit.

Absolute BS charges as has been said. Even the internet knows this....

"Is a Hi-Point 9mm carbine considered an assault rifle?

The Hi-Point Carbine is NOT an assault rifle, it fires pistol bullets. It is also only capable of semi-auto Fire."

Back
Top Bottom