• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MAX 11/15 - Rifle caliber conversion for M-11/9

Hey all,
Figured I'd post about this for anyone interested. Lage Manufacturing, maker of fine accessories for "MAC" style submachine guns, is coming out with a conversion upper that will allow shooting .223/5.56. It's currently in "beta" testing right now with a select group of people, but assuming all goes well it should be in production within the next several months.

One interesting thing to note is that there are two designs - one that requires drilling a hole in the back of the receiver for the recoil mechanism, and one that is an "internal recoil mechanism" (IRM) which does not require drilling a hole. The IRM design is trickier to get ATF approval for since previous conversion uppers were able to be fired without a lower, thus making them machine guns in and of themselves. Supposedly Lage has a design he feels can pass ATF muster.

It uses standard AR barrels and handguards, so customization options abound!

I'm on the waitlist for one, so hopefully eventually I'll have one to bring to shoots.

MAX-11/15 Status Page

New MAX-11/15 Videos

People love the lage stuff and getting subgun to fire rifle caliber ammo is kinda cool...
That said, I wanna see a beltfed conversion.

I think people who don't already own nfa aren't seeing the downside...stuff like this will price the lowest level MGs out of more people price range.

Which to current nfa owners is great

People love the lage stuff and getting subgun to fire rifle caliber ammo is kinda cool...
That said, I wanna see a beltfed conversion.

I think people who don't already own nfa aren't seeing the downside...stuff like this will price the lowest level MGs out of more people price range.

Which to current nfa owners is great

It is a sad fact of the machine gun market that prices in the long term will only ever go up. Things like Lage accessories will help that process along somewhat, but sadly machine guns will always be out of reach for many.

I would love for the Hughes amendment to go away, but I don't realistically see it happening.

Theyll be adding "full semi automatics" to the registry before they allow new transferable MGs to be made.

Bumping this thread since the 11/15 has started shipping! I won't be getting mine for a while since I'm just under #400 on the waiting list, but it's nice to see them getting into people's hands.

was on the list for one of these but figure lage will upgrade it in a year and make one even more compact :)

Back
Top Bottom