• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Medford Getting a New CoP!

crispnipz

NES Member
This seems to have flown under the radar at the beginning of this year but I can't believe there wasn't a thread about it.

Medford Police Chief Leo Sacco to retire in December

Burke said that the next Police Chief will be selected based on the results of a chief exam, which all eligible members of the Police Department will take. The city will select a new chief from the top three highest-scoring candidates, in accordance with the state’s civil service merit system.

However, the NAACP wants the selection process changed:

Letter: NAACP President On Medford Police Chief Search

Either way, thoughts on how this impacts Medford's current policy of restricting (effectively) all new LTCs?

I lived in Medford for two years and heard all the horror stories from some of my neighbors. Fortunately for me I lived there in between renewals so I could still carry. Sadly, I do not believe that a new chief will make much of a difference. I'm sure in their minds the former chiefs policy has worked well. It would take someone with a lot of ba*** to change that.

I lived in Medford for two years and heard all the horror stories from some of my neighbors. Fortunately for me I lived there in between renewals so I could still carry. Sadly, I do not believe that a new chief will make much of a difference. I'm sure in their minds the former chiefs policy has worked well. It would take someone with a lot of ba*** to change that.

Depends on where the policy originates from, if it comes from the Mayor's office absolutely nothing will change. If it comes from Sacco being a douche it will probably change pretty rapidly if his successor is not a douche.

-Mike

Last edited:
Medford Is Getting Its First Mosque
Short Stop
I almost got run over on Patriots’ Day. Ironically, right in front of Gaffey’s Funeral Home. Not by Paul Revere, although he was the last to pass by before the incident, a few minutes before. It was the first car to drive down First Street after the road was opened to traffic following the ceremony. I never saw it coming when I was crossing the street. It screeched to a stop.

Earlier, I listened to Paul Revere (depicted in full costume by a member of the National Lancers) as he spoke to the crowd gathered in front of Gaffey’s. Next, the Mayor of Medford spoke from the same podium. “This is my first Patriots’ Day as mayor. I hope it’s the first of many!” she said. Then the mayor introduced two school children who each read half of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow’s poem The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere. There were about a hundred of us gathered around to honor this

Massachusetts state holiday marking the Battles of Lexington and Concord. Following the poem, Paul Revere mounted his horse and headed for Arlington, then Lexington and Concord. We all know what he was up to. Behind the horse, many went into the funeral home for complimentary wrap sandwiches, bags of chips and sodas. It was pure Americana and I was lucky to stumble upon it on a drawing day.

Looks like John D. Buckley was just sworn in. Seems he will continue pushing the Sacco agenda to maintain optics...

Back
Top Bottom