• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Meeting at police station to sell firearm question

As far as where, I've done the local gun club, McD's, BJ's, and some dude's office once. (I delivered a Glock 36. LOL)

I've done transactions at various Home Depot parking lots, the Riverside T Station has worked well since they stopped having parking attendants for a convenient place where 95/90 meet? Cameras = Bad, Police = Very Bad

Wow! That looked like fun until the end...

Should I notify them or just go about my business .I don't care either way but where I am meeting is a small parking lot so it's likely we will be seen and I just don't want any problems. I've never done a transfer at a police station so I'm just wondering what the etiquette is
Thanks

Police station ??? Why would you want to go there ? What's wrong with doing the transfer at a gun shop ?

Generally speaking a VERY bad idea. I did buy a gun from a cop and we did it in the parking lot of his PD, but that is what I call a "special case". Even when I was working as a PO, I would never have done a transfer near the PD under 2 of the chiefs that I worked for (as they were nosey busybodies that you couldn't trust). I also doubt that many PDs have free WiFi. I prefer one of my gun clubs for that sort of thing (both have member access to WiFi).

Very bad idea. Internet “Purchase Zones” in PD parking lots are most likely covered by surveillance cameras fed into the dispatch area, which is why they claim they are “safe zones” for transactions.

Combine that with the guaranteed surveillance of popular “gun” websites and add in a dash of certain clown shoe MF’s boasting online about ambushing cops and attacking police stations and...recipe for disaster.

As the seller and experienced sportsman, you should control the situation regarding the sale and make sure it’s safe and reasonable for all involved, the buyer (who sounds inexperienced here) should adapt if they don’t like that or I’d just cancel the deal.

This is like finding the biggest drug dealer in town and then sitting on his porch to sell your own weed.

Her first time maybe

That's weird. You look so dashing.
longform-original-10417-1449718424-3.jpg

I prefer one of my gun clubs for that sort of thing (both have member access to WiFi).
Both seller and buyer have to worry about a ripoff at the transfer point.

Gun clubs are good because you often have a cleared area surrounded by forest. This allows you to station your backup with an EBR in the woods with a clear view of the transfer site.

Transfer at or near a police station = worst idea ever.

A public place where there is WiFi like Dunkin Donuts or McDonalds is fine. My first FF private sale was hilarious, it was at a coffee shop in the north end. I went to the shitter to check the piece and it felt sort of like the restaurant scene in the Godfather.

I find a gun club is a grand place to pick up wifi and sell a firearm.
Hopkinton sportemen has wifi in the building and at the pistol and rifle ranges. If you are a non-member, you will find that parking by the left side basement entrance or going up on the deck gives decent reception.

Not all clubs have wifi, and at some, use is limited to directors and officers of the club.

Back
Top Bottom