Meeting at police station to sell firearm question

If your location listed under your avatar is accurate, and that is the PD lot you intend to the transfer at, the reaction could be anything from "whatever, just try not to scare the sheep, to getting trapped in a lengthy conversation about guns and gun accessories, to a NEMLEC callout(especially if you do this in the morning and one of the morons leaving the school drop off line sees you). That said, I've done one personal transfer at that PD, and assisted two others while inside the building.

Both seller and buyer have to worry about a ripoff at the transfer point.

Gun clubs are good because you often have a cleared area surrounded by forest. This allows you to station your backup with an EBR in the woods with a clear view of the transfer site.
[laugh]

[laugh]

I had a local police man trade a revolver for a carbine at my dining room table. Another time a State Police Trooper and I met at my gun club to conduct a trade.
I've traded in parking lots of gun shops, fast food restaurants, gun clubs, etc....

I've used the parking lot of Four Seasons 2 or 3 times,MRA and my home for FTF deals no problems.
McD,Starbucks or someplace similar good spots loads of people around and just e mail the receipts to the buyer for his records.

OP, it sounds like the buyer is inexperienced. See if they'll go to an FFL instead - very safe, minimal fee, guaranteed to be done legally.

My first FF private sale was hilarious, it was at a coffee shop in the north end. I went to the shitter to check the piece and it felt sort of like the restaurant scene in the Godfather.
That's hilarious! [rofl]

Not my first time but this was the buyers request

Counter-offer that you only feel safe doing it in front of Village Vault.

I test firing needs to be done, you can do it in the PD parking lot visitor's desk. Jack.
FTFY.
Most station houses, the first pop is free if you use their desk for it.

I've used the parking lot of Four Seasons 2 or 3 times, ...
Did you conduct the transaction across one of the Jersey barriers?
Then one guy is doing it by a police station; and the other guy, not so much.
Something for everyone there, a Winn-Winn situation.

The fact that it was a request means one of 3 things to me: it's a trap, it's a kid, it's a woman...stay away from the police station. I think it's a right of passage around here to do atleast one at a Starbucks.

I've used the parking lot of Four Seasons 2 or 3 times,MRA and my home for FTF deals no problems.
McD,Starbucks or someplace similar good spots loads of people around and just e mail the receipts to the buyer for his records.

Doing it in the parking lot of FS is the same as doing it in the parking lot of the Woburn Police dept. The police building is located less than 100' away from Carl's parking lot. [laugh]

I actually met a cop at a police station (not his town) to buy a hipoint a few years back. Even went inside to see if they had any paper fa10 forms (a few years before they stopped accepting them). No issues and only got shot once...

Well we were going to meet at a gun shop but they came early and went to lunch at a place a recommended and we just met there. Everything went fine and she seemed happy with the transaction . I am pretty comfortable meeting anywhere so I didn't give it much thought about meeting at the police station at first.
Thanks for all the input. I got a good chuckle out of a few of them.

Dunkin Donuts has WiFi for the EFA10.....
Done this many, many times. Usually take a picture of the serial number, go in, get a coffee and do the transfer without the firearm ever entering the establishment. Probably did over 25 transfers (bought, sold, traded) over the years at the same location.

:D ...and all along I thought this thread was a joke.

Clearly OP really needed to sell, or the buyer sounded cute enough that he was looking to get a date out of it.

Next time, offer to throw 50 rounds into the deal to show her how to manipulate the fire controls. If she’s good with it in her hands, tell her WiFi at the range isn’t working, but there’s a coffee shop right up the road for the eFA10. Offer to buy her coffee in the process. Small-talk while exchanging LTCs to verify correct address, etc. Apply an appropriate amount of humor and charm throughout the process. At the end of the transaction, shake hands while looking her in the eyes (...unless you can convince her that it’s customary to end a transaction with a hug). Ask her for her phone number, just to make sure that the firearm functions flawlessly for her next time, or offer to meet her at the range another time. Post to NES letting us know how your “first date” went, LOL

An interesting technique is bring an armed friend. Have him/her stand away from you and the other party, hands folded in front, looking intently at the other party.

I made a purchase from a police officer once at his department. He told me to have dispatch contact him when I got there, and they would call him in. I did that, and he drove in and he greeted me at the front door. Brought the money for the gun I was buying, had my revolver in my pocket, was told it was ok to keep the revolver in my pocket. Get in there, start doing paperwork and I don't have my LTC. Things went from "sweet, my first XD" to "motherf***...this aint good". Got it all squared away, and was able to complete the purchase. There was a weird sense of irony doing this half-bungled transaction in the booking room LOL

Not only is meeting at a police station a sane and safe choice, the two of you should also be stark naked. That way, there is no way you could ever be accused of concealed carry.

PD parking lot is only acceptable if it is in Brookline or Cambridge. Especially if the firearm being transferred is an AR or AK. Make sure the buyer shoulders the rifle at least a few times.
When the transaction is complete, shake hands and as you start to quickly walk away, look at a nearby car, grab your lapel and pull it towards your mouth and say " Go, Go, Go!!!"

Lol, I went into my local station to get fingerprinted for a ct license. I assumed it would be out front or something and I was carrying like normal. They officer just said "follow me" 60 seconds later hes locking up his gun before we enter the booking area.... I figured by that time saying anything might be more problematic then not. Finished the prints and left, no one ever asked of I was carrying... (considering I said from the beginning it was for a non resident ct license and I had a gun tshirt on)

I made a purchase from a police officer once at his department. He told me to have dispatch contact him when I got there, and they would call him in. I did that, and he drove in and he greeted me at the front door. Brought the money for the gun I was buying, had my revolver in my pocket, was told it was ok to keep the revolver in my pocket. Get in there, start doing paperwork and I don't have my LTC. Things went from "sweet, my first XD" to "motherf***...this aint good". Got it all squared away, and was able to complete the purchase. There was a weird sense of irony doing this half-bungled transaction in the booking room LOL

Back
Top Bottom