• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Members of The Holbrook Sportsmen Club, Please Step In

I know it’s an old post ......Just joined Holbrook and can’t say enough about it. Very active club and to me that’s a plus. Guys seem very helpful at events for newbs and that’s a plus to me.

Welcome to the club..and enjoy your time there, and don't be bashful get involved.
I have been a member for over 35 years.

i

I know it’s an old post ......Just joined Holbrook and can’t say enough about it. Very active club and to me that’s a plus. Guys seem very helpful at events for newbs and that’s a plus to me.

Signatures are easy to get, theres always something going on.
Come on down this friday for bowling pins, help set-up and take daown. Bring a handgun, its a good time.
Next saturday (26th) is the Steel Challenge shoot, get a sig for set-up and take down.
Come by on a saturday and for a sig I'll work you like a rented mule!
Go to the gen meetings, get a sig. If you happen to mention that you'd like to see some 1" a.r. plates at the 100/200 yd, that would be great
The initial process goes as quick as you want it to.

What is their guest policy? Im looking for a range near me that doesnt limit the guests I bring. I dont plan to bring a crowd, but want the liberty to bring a buddy and introduce him/her to shooting from time to time.

Does anyone know if they are taking new members? Im getting the impression they arent interested in increasing their membership, and before I commit my nonrefundable waiting list deposit, I want to have a better impression of if they will even take me, or if they do, do I have to spend several months on a waiting list?

Thanks,

Does anyone know if they are taking new members? Im getting the impression they arent interested in increasing their membership, and before I commit my nonrefundable waiting list deposit, I want to have a better impression of if they will even take me, or if they do, do I have to spend several months on a waiting list?

Thanks,

So you give them $50 to get on a waiting list, with no time limit, and if they decide they don't want you as a member, they keep your 50 bucks? That can't be right? Serious question.

Thanks,

the club is still under the current membership cap, the wait list is being used to schedule those new members in for the club orientation class. so depending on how many are waiting to get the orientation done there may be a delay to actually get the membership process started. i recommended stopping by either the 1st or 3rd Monday meeting @ 7pm and talking to the new membership table to find out how long the list is at this point.

So you give them $50 to get on a waiting list, with no time limit, and if they decide they don't want you as a member, they keep your 50 bucks? That can't be right? Serious question.

the $50 non-refundable was set up when we were at the cap. it was setup to then start a wait-list till spots available, and this way only serious people willing to pay a non-refundable deposit while they wait for a spot to open. we currently are back under the cap and the wait list is used to schedule in the new members for orientation. yes the deposit is still non-refundable, but with spots currently open the wait time is only for scheduling in the orientation.

New resident to Brockton and the club is literally less then 2 miles from me. I am familiar with the Braintree club and liked there 24 hour access and spouse access anytime policy. I have emailed Holbrook as I passed by and couldn’t access the club to speak to someone. Can a member verify if a spouse is exempt from their guest policy? Would like to start the process as the proximity is so ideal and my wife also enjoys shooting.

The family membership will include your wife. Saturday morning work party 8 to12 are the best time to catch a club officer if you want to chat and have a look around.

PM me if you have any q's.

Dear Capt. Awesome,
Ranges will reopen at 09:00 - 5\19\2020 with the following rules in place, ranges are open to members only and no events unless approved by the E-Board.

The outdoor ranges are open to members only with the following rules:
  • Trap fields are open and a 6 foot spacing shall be maintained at all times.
  • Skeet / 5 stand, with no more than 5 shooters on the line and a 6 foot spacing maintained at all times.
  • Big bore, every other station used, no more than 9 shooters on the firing line at any time.
  • 100 yard range, every other station used, no more than 5 shooters on the firing line at any time.
  • Pistol bay, 2 shooters only on the firing line at any time.
  • Archery, no more than 5 shooters on the firing line and a 6 foot spacing maintained at any time.
  • No groups of more than 10 people.
  • Everyone must wear a face mask on and off the firing line except when actually shooting.
  • Normal range times apply.
  • Everyone is responsible for cleaning all equipment used, callers, switch box for skeet and 5 stand, tables and benches etc.
  • Cleaning/sanitizing must be maintained by each shooter. If you touch it, you must clean it. Use spray and paper towels as supplied.

The indoor ranges are open to members only with the following rules:
  • Every other station shall be used in order to maintain a 6 foot spacing.
  • Cleaning/sanitizing must be maintained by each shooter. If you touch it, you must clean it. Use spray and paper towels as supplied.

There are no guests allowed until further notice.

President HSC​

Back
Top Bottom