• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays.........

Is the fabric of our nation being destroyed? Catering to a few nitwits who don't possess the tolerance to accept how all people choose to celebrate Christmas, Hannakah, or any way one wants to enjoy this time of the year? Even the 1st Amendment, like the 2nd, is in danger. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;" :x [cry]

This kind of PC BS makes me ill. Why is it that the majority is constantly forced to bend over and grab it's ankles to please the minority?
Whenever someone hits me with a "happy holidays" I retort with Merry Christmas!

And, it's called a Christmas tree, not a friggin holiday or magical, or winter tree. Damn but these pinko libs are trying to destroy this once great country anyway they can.

Merry Christmas all.
C-

I don't mind saying 'Happy Holidays' when its a stranger or someone who I know celebrates christmas or such. We on this side of the debate criticize the lack of tolerence from the others when we ourselves at times show none.

If you want people to respect YOUR religion and holidays you MUST respect them and theirs.

However, a christmas tree IS a christmas tree.

Soooo

Happy Chanukah

Merry Christmas

and

Seaons Greetings to all.

-Brian

I said Happy Holidays to one of my customers and then got lectured for 15 minutes because he asked if I celebrate Christmas. I told him that I did and he proceeded to tell me that Dec. 25th is NOT Christs birthday and all about a massacre and how it is all a lie. Come to find out this guy is a Jahovas Witness (prob. not spelled correctly) and he was trying to recruit me. He was telling me all about the history etc. etc. When I finally told him I celebrate Christmas not because I'm a religious person but because that is how I was brought up and that Christmas to ME is a day to be with the family and a time for sharing. ERRRRRR you can't win in this country anymore....

Skald said:
I don't mind saying 'Happy Holidays' when its a stranger or someone who I know celebrates christmas or such. We on this side of the debate criticize the lack of tolerence from the others when we ourselves at times show none.

If you want people to respect YOUR religion and holidays you MUST respect them and theirs.

However, a christmas tree IS a christmas tree.

Soooo

Happy Chanukah

Merry Christmas

and

Seaons Greetings to all.

-Brian

Well said.

I recieved this email this morning. Seems appropriate to post here:

For Our Democratic Friends:

"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect! for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where pro! hibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."

For Our Republican Friends:

Merry Christmas
and a
Happy New Year!!

Back
Top Bottom