• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Metro West Boston Skeet Leagues?

citoriguy

NES Member
All,

I realize this isn’t a heavily trafficked subforum, but I’m curious if there are any skeet leagues in the Metro West area. I’m getting back into skeet after a 12 year hiatus (I know, I know...). I live in Acton and just joined Maynard Rod and Gun. Would love to stay in that general area, but am happy to drive out a bit if it’s worth it.

Thanks in advance,

CG

not sure about skeet but there's a trap league which I believe Maynard is a member club. greater lowell trap league. they have a web page.

Yes - Maynard does have a trap team. I just never got in to trap. Maybe I’ll give it another chance this year while brushing up on my skeet shooting.

I "think" the Boylston Sportsmans Club does skeet. They're right off I-290 exit 23B. I can find virtually nothing about them online, but I hear them shooting all the time. Seems pretty active. Sunday afternoons may be a good time to show up and ask.

Check with Fin, Fur and Feather in Millis. A club that is very focused on clays.

Fin, Fur, and Feather is steel only...just FYI...something about them shooting into the Charles River.

I'd also be interested in a skeet league but even if one pops up I doubt it'll fit the current family/work schedule. I'll keep an eye on this thread anyway

Yeah - I went to the FFF site and saw they were steel only. No sure I want to test that through my O/U.

Anyone with experience with Minute Man in Burlington?

North Leominster Rod & Gun Club,exit 36 off Route 2 west. No league but a lot of active shooters. I believe Minuteman is a private club.

Trap every Thursday night at Nimrod League of Holden. It's actually in Princeton, LOL. 33 Coal Kiln Rd. Nice setting, nice folks.

If you're just after some casual skeet (vs a formal league) then Hopkinton Sportsman's is just off 495 and has public trap/skeet hours Tues evenings 6:30-8:30ish, Thurs morning 10am - noonish, and Sunday morning 9:30 - noonish. Non-members is $5/round, BYO shells. #8 and #9 for skeet, #7.5 ok on the trap fields. Might be a bit of a hike from Acton but figured I'd give you the info.

I appreciate it. I’ll look at both Nimrod and Hopkinton. I have heard about Hopkinton elsewhere. I will have to figure out how to get there from here at that hour. I feel like every road turns into a parking lot.

Yeah - I went to the FFF site and saw they were steel only. No sure I want to test that through my O/U.

Anyone with experience with Minute Man in Burlington?

Minuteman is a different type of Club - most are open to "off the street" shooters - I believe that is not the case at MM. Much more expensive than most others (but, they have a paid staff - you get what you pay for!) That said, at the State (and other sponsored shoots I've attended there), they're nice people.

OP - Why don't you start a league? Someone has to be first!

I might have to! I’m curious if there’s a format people would prefer? I was thinking 4 people per team, with team and individual totals and averages being the focus scores.

Well, went to Minuteman earlier while on my lunch break and signed up. There were a handful of younger guys (35-45) who said there are a lot of intra-club leagues.

The issue I see is that there are limits on how many guests are allowed at any one time. I’m going to reach out to the Trap & Skeet Committee at MRGC this weekend and see if they would be amenable to having a league there.

I noticed that Independent in Foxboro has Winter and Summer skeet leagues. Unfortunately for me they are on Weds nights and that's my USPSA night so I'm SOL there. Wanted to put it here in case others don't have a schedule conflict

I think Walpole has a winter league, I know Minuteman has a skeet league but its for members I think. Minuteman also has a clays coarse witch is great. If your into breaking clays its a nice club. Brian

Thanks - already joined Minuteman and am waiting for Spring to get the ball rolling. I’ve heard good things about their clays course.

All,

I realize this isn’t a heavily trafficked subforum, but I’m curious if there are any skeet leagues in the Metro West area. I’m getting back into skeet after a 12 year hiatus (I know, I know...). I live in Acton and just joined Maynard Rod and Gun. Would love to stay in that general area, but am happy to drive out a bit if it’s worth it.

Thanks in advance,

CG

Riverside in Hudson doesn't have a league, but we have two lighted fields and shoot Sun starting 9am, Tues & Thurs starting at 7pm. Also occasionally set them up for 5-stand and have a 3rd field for Trap. You're only about 10 minutes away depending on where in Acton.

Back
Top Bottom