MFS sent this email to our newsletter recipients (25,000 subscribers)...

I noticed in the law that the one gun a month also applies to rentals.... So ranges and schools that rent firearms can only rent to a person once per month... Ouch.

Thanks for sending that to your distribution list.

You may want to note though that your line about magazines "capable" of holding more than 7 rounds is not 100% correct.

From the proposed bill:
SECTION 24. Said section 131M of chapter 140 of the General Laws, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by striking out, in line 3, the word “1994.” and inserting in place thereof the following words:- 1994; or (ii) a large capacity feeding device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition; or (iii) a large capacity feeding device that such person lawfully possessed before the effective date of this act that has a capacity of, or that can readily be restored or converted to accept, more than seven but no more than ten rounds of ammunition, where such device contains more than seven rounds of ammunition.

Note bold part : This states that 8-10 round mags in possession before this bill becomes law will be grandfathered and not considered large capacity as long as the user doesn't load more than 7 rounds.

So all our current 10 rounders are fine until we're loading and someone talks to you and you load past 7. Then your a felon [wink]

@Wanman99: True and false

Section 21 subsection (vi) any person who purchases, rents or leases a rifle, shotgun, firearm, machine gun, large capacity weapon or large capacity feeding device and then exchanges it for another rifle, shotgun, firearm, machine gun, large capacity weapon or large capacity feeding device provided by a licensed dealer within a 30-day period;

This means as long as only one rental is out (rent then exchange) then good to go. I know of no one that allows rentals offsite. So your always going to be giving back "exchanging" during multiple trips.

Thanks, Steve!

I have written to all of my state representatives--and in my letter I have encouraged them to educate themselves about firearms and firearm safety. Many of them have zero experience with guns and only know what they see on tv and in movies. I've actually told them in my letters to seek out MFS and take the Mass Basic Firearms Safety Class so they will have the knowledge they need to make informed decisions on state gun laws.

Hopefully you will see some of them in there soon. Or you could even go so far as to send them invitations to take the class. Maybe to the entire State Legislative. I'm sure we could raise the funds to cover your expenses with a few fund raiser drives.

Just a thought.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for sending that to your distribution list.

You may want to note though that your line about magazines "capable" of holding more than 7 rounds is not 100% correct.

From the proposed bill:
SECTION 24. Said section 131M of chapter 140 of the General Laws, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by striking out, in line 3, the word “1994.” and inserting in place thereof the following words:- 1994; or (ii) a large capacity feeding device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition; or (iii) a large capacity feeding device that such person lawfully possessed before the effective date of this act that has a capacity of, or that can readily be restored or converted to accept, more than seven but no more than ten rounds of ammunition, where such device contains more than seven rounds of ammunition.

Note bold part : This states that 8-10 round mags in possession before this bill becomes law will be grandfathered and not considered large capacity as long as the user doesn't load more than 7 rounds.

So all our current 10 rounders are fine until we're loading and someone talks to you and you load past 7. Then your a felon [wink]

To keep the email brief we did not mention the grandfathering part. A grandfathering component is not much comfort in light of the whole context of the legislation.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Steve!

I have written to all of my state representatives--and in my letter I have encouraged them to educate themselves about firearms and firearm safety. Many of them have zero experience with guns and only know what they see on tv and in movies. I've actually told them in my letters to seek out MFS and take the Mass Basic Firearms Safety Class so they will have the knowledge they need to make informed decisions on state gun laws.

Hopefully you will see some of them in there soon. Or you could even go so far as to send them invitations to take the class. Maybe to the entire State Legislative. I'm sure we could raise the funds to cover your expenses with a few fund raiser drives.

Just a thought.

Keep up the good work!

We will work on that...

We have been getting encouraging emails from our subscribers:

thank you for this crucial info. I have sent strongly worded emails to all my state rep's. This is my first time doing this.... at age 45. It's that important to me

another:

Hi,

Thanks for sending this out. I was completely unaware that there was going to be a rally tomorrow. I plan to be present...I'm a democrat, but have become a strong supporter of the second amendment. The more I learn about the history and statistics surrounding the AWB, the more I want to fight this legislation.

another:

Thanks for letting us know. This is definitely not what the media was reporting, but I read the bill after you posted it and you are right!

Please keep sending such news.

another:

Hey guys thank you for that email about the changing of the gun laws...The only people this stupid law changing is going to hurt is the honest law abiding citizen. The criminals are still going to get what ever they want by theft. Something needs to be done. I will see you at the statehouse.

another:

We are a nation running from the truth this is obviously not the answer. Thanks for the update hopefully the true american citizens stand up.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks to MFS. My girlfriend, gun owner, good shooter has been thinking I've been WAY overreacting on the proposed legislation. Ive been complaining, calling reps, sending emails, etc for a while now. The email she received from you legitimizes the issue for her. She will be calling each and every one of her legislators on Monday. Thanks again ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks again for the heads up. My wife and I were there. Great crowd. I'd say well over 500...but I'm kinda short and could not see very well....[angry]

I really wanted to come down to MFS and get some range time, but this was way more important and we had a blast.

101_0361_zpseb6e0b2a.jpg

101_0360_zpsb373d7f7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom