• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Midway question

Hunting through Midway's site I found some mags that I wanted to buy. I registered for the site and clicked add to my cart. A red box popped up saying that this product has a status of Available but can not be added to cart. What's the deal? do they not ship to ma? It's a 10 round mag so no problems there.

Hunting through Midway's site I found some mags that I wanted to buy. I registered for the site and clicked add to my cart. A red box popped up saying that this product has a status of Available but can not be added to cart. What's the deal? do they not ship to ma? It's a 10 round mag so no problems there.
just got my shipment from them couple days ago. no problems

That usually happens when they have a quantity limit but I tried adding just one and got the same error. I'd call their customer service line or do their support chat. They've been great to deal with in my experience.

I was able to add a 14 round magazine for my Para P14 to my cart without issue. Must be because you live in MA. Maybe they know something that we don't... Or they're just being over-cautious right now.

Ok so I'm not the only one. Golddiggie did you try to add the same mag?

Yeah, pretty much same result you got, so it must be that they don't really have enough to fill the orders that are pending/placed. Pretty slimy, if you ask me. If your system cannot update to reflect actual inventory, and mark it as unavailable once the number in inventory have been ordered, then you need to upgrade/update/change the software.

Ditto. I tried a different magazine and it went into the cart, so it must be that specific product. Most of the magazines are listed as "Out of Stock, No backorder."

I was excited to see something in stock and wanted to jump on it.

I don't blame you. Everything gun related is going like crazy. Whatever O said during the State of the Union probably just fanned the flames again.

Guns now have 1 round capacity or are just paper weights! No mags for sale and if you do there's no ammo! If you have ammo there are no mags!
Maybe I'll save my money and buy a carry belt and holster.

The status probably said available when you tried to order, but now it says, "Out of stock. No Backorder. ?"

Click on the question at the end, and this notice is received,

"Out of Stock, No Backorder - Product is not available for order, and we cannot offer a backorder option because the manufacturer is unable to provide us with a reliable "Date expected in stock." In most cases, this is due to unusually high demand or a lack of raw materials. As soon as we have reliable information, we will update the status of the product. In the meantime, please use our "Notify Me" feature to receive an email alert as soon as the product arrives."

They most likely filled orders placed before you placed your order and then found out that it will be a while before more mags are availalbe.

Yeah, pretty much same result you got, so it must be that they don't really have enough to fill the orders that are pending/placed. Pretty slimy, if you ask me. If your system cannot update to reflect actual inventory, and mark it as unavailable once the number in inventory have been ordered, then you need to upgrade/update/change the software.

if they run out you will either be told "no backorders" or notify me

when available. I would call rather than speculate, sounds like common

sense to me. secondly i would have called them first rather than

question this forum.

if they run out you will either be told "no backorders" or notify me

when available. I would call rather than speculate, sounds like common

sense to me. secondly i would have called them first rather than

question this forum.

+1

Midway is one of the best suppliers in the gun industry, along with Brownells. Top two in my book.

+1

Midway is one of the best suppliers in the gun industry, along with Brownells. Top two in my book.

I prefer Brownells. Midway has some weird policy's. I ordered an upper that was on Clearance for $1399. The day it shipped they dropped the price to $1100 so I immediately called and they said there was nothing they could do as it was a clearance item and I would have to buy another and return the more expensive one. Then you have Midways weird random high item pricing and they don't pricematch. It seems everytime I'm ordering a bunch of items I always have to place an order from both company's. Midway want's almost $25 more than Brownells for a Mapul MBUS set.

Back
Top Bottom