midway usa

greencobra

NES Member
this isn't a blood in the water thread so stop reading if you're looking for a pig pile to jump onto. just some positive comments. i've been buying a bunch of stuff from midway in the past several months. bullets for reloading, a bunch of glock parts, and general shooting related necessities i can't get locally. i do remember years ago i stopped buying from them cause they seemed slow, overpriced and a lot of stuff was either out of stock or drop shipped. i don't know when this changed but my experience since i returned to them has been nothing less than super. everything i've ordered so far seems to be shipped from in house...and shipped on the same day ordered. damn, me likey that! the prices are competitive and in a lot of instances, the lowest. not saying that's the norm, pricing on everything, but it's been looking good for the stuff i'm looking for. and shipping, once or twice monthly i get email saying they'll have free shipping for a few days.

i guess they have a birthday promo also. i just had a b day several days ago, blew off that email as junk. when i decided to go see what kind of discounts they offered the birthday boy i was shocked. i just bought a swenson g17 slide to build up a frame i had laying around. paid $175 off ebay. i looked up a swenson for a 19 at midway and peed myself when i saw the promo price was $117. i liked the swenson 17 slide enough that i grabbed the one for the 19, and a new barrel with another decent discount for that.

maybe i'm slower than most but i really like midway now and larry's ok by me too. it's free to check them out if you are new to them. it'd be interesting if you're finding this "new" midway usa also or not.

few /several yewrs back Midway jacked prices and shipping cost to fund the Nitro Shipping and new warehouse , think amazon for th gun crowd on a small scsle.
Midway is and always was Ok
The Birthday discount is pretty good and sometimes there are great deals.
I was poking around to see what they might have and not finding alot i really want. On average i see aprox 15-20% but seen a few items as high as 60% off.
I bounce between midway and brownells with the lean to brownells first

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEbplCjPsCU&app=desktop

I'm a fairly wise shopper, (at least I think so) I have used Midway on and off for several years, and have never had an issue with them or the quality of merchandise. have even returned a few things with zero problems . Brownells is my go to store with Midway holding a somewhat firm second.

Last edited:
this isn't a blood in the water thread so stop reading if you're looking for a pig pile to jump onto. just some positive comments. i've been buying a bunch of stuff from midway in the past several months. bullets for reloading, a bunch of glock parts, and general shooting related necessities i can't get locally. i do remember years ago i stopped buying from them cause they seemed slow, overpriced and a lot of stuff was either out of stock or drop shipped. i don't know when this changed but my experience since i returned to them has been nothing less than super. everything i've ordered so far seems to be shipped from in house...and shipped on the same day ordered. damn, me likey that! the prices are competitive and in a lot of instances, the lowest. not saying that's the norm, pricing on everything, but it's been looking good for the stuff i'm looking for. and shipping, once or twice monthly i get email saying they'll have free shipping for a few days.

i guess they have a birthday promo also. i just had a b day several days ago, blew off that email as junk. when i decided to go see what kind of discounts they offered the birthday boy i was shocked. i just bought a swenson g17 slide to build up a frame i had laying around. paid $175 off ebay. i looked up a swenson for a 19 at midway and peed myself when i saw the promo price was $117. i liked the swenson 17 slide enough that i grabbed the one for the 19, and a new barrel with another decent discount for that.

maybe i'm slower than most but i really like midway now and larry's ok by me too. it's free to check them out if you are new to them. it'd be interesting if you're finding this "new" midway usa also or not.
I've ordered a few small bits and pieces from midway over the years.....safery switch for a mossy 500, sights for multiple muzzle loaders, hell....even a full recoil spring/friction piece setup for an old browning a5. Always had my parts in 3 - 4 days. I've never had a problem with them.

The Midway Foundation gives millions of dollars to youth shooting teams. My little 20 kid team has amassed over $100K from the foundation over the past 9 years. I've met Mr and Mrs Potterfield and they are good folk.

True story: A couple of years ago after a summer trap team shoot I called Midway to order a couple of 1100 extractors to fix a broken shotgun. Guess who answered the phone at 1PM on a summer Saturday, Larry himself.

Happy belated birthday 🐍 cobra, [party][cheers].
Nice feel good story for a change, few and far between around here, unfortunately.
Sorry to hear you peed yourself, but it's ok, emotions sometimes get the best of a man, and I guess, even the greencobra.
[rofl]

Cheers! [cheers]

I'm a fan of Midway myself. They always seem to ship pretty quick. I ordered some power belts from them a couple of weeks ago that I couldn't find anywhere else. I knew they were being dropped shipped from somewhere but I still received them within five days. That reminds me I still have two days left on my birthday pricing. I don't want to let it expire. Now I just have to figure out what I don't need.

I typically check MidwayUSA for items I'm interested in. Along with Brownells and a few others (depending on the item). Recently bought some reloading parts from them since they had both the best price AND all the items I wanted in stock. Shipped out fast and arrived fast.

IMO, it's always wise to check a few vendors for items when possible. Sometimes they all have the same price. Sometimes you find a better deal from one. I also factor in shipping costs to my decision. I also put a black mark against vendors that say the item is in stock when you order, but then inform you that it won't ship for x weeks.

Birthday pricing is a hidden gem. I picked up a 350 legend barrel for half price along with tons of other goodies. Midway is top notch in my book.

Midway is my go-to company for shooting supplies.

Unless I happen to find something on sale at another place and want it now.

But I always go back to Midway.

I think they saw the light. They used to be good years ago, then they got bad and i stopped using them and gave my buisness to the other MID. I had a little email battle with Larry and told him he was losing buisness to other companies who didnt give a rats ass what the rug muncher thought. They must have done some research, cause they did a 360 and im back with them again.

Midway has been my # 1 vendor this year

I've had good luck with Midway over the years and have only ordered spare parts or AR upgrades. Their house brand "AR Stoner" stuff seems to get flack from the high end AR crowd. I grabbed an AR Stoner M-Lock handgaurd from them that shaved off a ton of weight my older boat anchor handguard I had. Went on easily, was well made, and has held up fine.

I just got a "In-stock Notification" on primed .410 hulls and buffer, Ordered and shipped emails came in 10 minutes apart... BAM!

I work maybe 5 miles from midway. I place an order, wait an hour, then go pick it up. They've always had great customer service and fair pricing.

They employ a ton of people and I've known a few guys who have worked there at all levels, they say its a fun place to work.

They always have hiring fairs and walk in interviews and they pay better than most walk-in job type places. Around here anyways.

I’ve spent over $5k with them over the past couple of years (including a couple of complete uppers) and never had any issues at all. Always prompt shipping and the product met expectations. Their AR Stoner line is good bang for the buck when it’s on sale. They do frequent free shipping offers for orders over $49, so sometimes it pays to wait a bit.

I have never had a problem with MidwayUSA. I've ordered things over the course of the last ten years. Granted my main focus has been on availability and convenience. I am not a wealthy person and have not noticed any price gouging going on with them.

Also, I am aware of a junior program in Massachusetts has been using the foundation they run for a few years. I've heard it has been very helpful to support the next generation with of shooters with equipment, etc...

Back
Top Bottom