Might Be a stipud Question...Shotgun Stock in MA

I know collapsible stocks on an AR15 in MA are illegal (I had to pin my CTR). However I am planning on building a HD Shotgun soon and I'm wondering if collapsible AR15 style stocks on a shotgun are illegal as well? And while I'm at it, what about pistol grip shotguns?

If so, can someone suggest a quality non collapsible stock for a Rem 870.

Thanks dudes.

If its a Pump Shotgun go for it..if its a Semi-Auto its a no no....I am sure others can make some recommendations for you

Not quite. A shotgun is allowed one evil feature. Depending on the type of semi a collapsible stock could be perfectly legal.

FYI my AR-15 has a collapsible stock and it is 100% legal as well.

Not quite. A shotgun is allowed one evil feature. Depending on the type of semi a collapsible stock could be perfectly legal.

FYI my AR-15 has a collapsible stock and it is 100% legal as well.

In both cases, the pistol grip would need to be eliminated.

If the shotgun is NOT semi-automatic (pump, bolt or lever action), you can install a collapsible stock and pistol grip. I'll second Blitz1's recommendation for the Knoxx Spec-ops recoil reducing stock.

If the shotgun IS a semi-automatic, it must comply with the AWB...

(30) The term "semiautomatic assault weapon" means -

>snip<

(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of -

(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the

action of the weapon;

(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and

(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.

In both cases, the pistol grip would need to be eliminated.

On the first, for some reason I was thinking that a pistol grip wasn't an evil feature on a shotgun, my bad.

On the second my AR-15 has a collapsible stock, pistol grip, bayonet lug, and flash hider. It's also 100% legal [grin]

On the first, for some reason I was thinking that a pistol grip wasn't an evil feature on a shotgun, my bad.

On the second my AR-15 has a collapsible stock, pistol grip, bayonet lug, and flash hider. It's also 100% legal [grin]

Nick, we all know you have a small penis and need to brag about your pre-ban AR15 to make yourself feel better, but please stop. It's for the children. [wink]

And I have a Mesa Tactical low-tube adapter on my 870, with a CAR-type stock and an A2 grip. I think I'm going to upgrade them eventually, but I really like the setup.

Nick, we all know you have a small penis and need to brag about your pre-ban AR15 to make yourself feel better, but please stop. It's for the children. [wink]

And I have a Mesa Tactical low-tube adapter on my 870, with a CAR-type stock and an A2 grip. I think I'm going to upgrade them eventually, but I really like the setup.

Hey, you leave Little Willie out of this [rofl]

Wasn't bragging though, just making the OP realize that 'evil features' are only "illegal" on post-94 constructed semi-rifles and shotguns. I only brag about being dumb by not lubing my bolt and having it break in two [wink]

I have the cheaper Knoxx SpecOps on my Mossy 835 and I like it, though I can't use a cheek weld without getting bashed in the face. I heard this is a common problem though.

That may be true, but in terms of semi-auto shotguns, other than shotguns that were made specifically as "tactical" or EBS models, I don't think you'll see many pre-ban examples configured as AWs out there.

That may be true, but in terms of semi-auto shotguns, other than shotguns that were made specifically as "tactical" or EBS models, I don't think you'll see many pre-ban examples configured as AWs out there.

Definitely true. I honestly can't say I've ever even heard of one being mentioned before.

its a pump...so if i get the knox i dont have to pin it?

You will have to pin your teeth to your jaw after you use the Knox stock for a while especially if shooting buck shot or slugs. With a nice cheek weld, it knocks the shit out of your jaw.

Back
Top Bottom