Military Arms (e.g. M1 and 1911) 2-gun match: May 29, 2011

By stage 4 I really had gotten a handle for it, as my score shows my first 2 stages were horrible and 3 and 4th I did better. I am so glad I attended this event as I learned so much from my fellow shooters.

Awesome! You've now broken the ice and shall be addicted shortly!! Check out some of the other monthly events.

I am interested.
I checked out the website for HSC and it looks very outdated with nothing since 2008.
Is there a different site I should be referencing for the monthly events?

I also want to see about becoming a member...thanks

http://www.harvardsportsmensclub.com/membership.html

Next meeting is Thursday night. I'm sure we can come up with a sponsor for you. (I'd do it but the first Thursday is Lodge night for me).

Dam - I may not be able to make it this Thursday. There is a chance I can but I am not sure. If not I guess I will have to wait till the 7/7/11 ugghhh...

Let's see if I can pick up a sponsor here or if I need to start a thread.

I am interested.
Is there a different site I should be referencing for the monthly events?

Good place to start is here http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/124727-2011-Competition-Calendar

USPSA Area 7 (our area) events are here http://www.uspsa-ne.org/matches.asp?year=2011

I am sure some of the IDPA guys can fill you in on their local matches

I think you will enjoy any of these events and find many of the "regulars" willing to help you out as well.

Thanks for coming and thank JSlayer for taking the results and posting them here.
If you did not get the results and my personal thanks, it may be that I do not have your email.
Great having you all at the club and I have some new ideas to make the next time oh, so much better!

MARS

Are any of these events two gun like the MARS shoot was?

They're mostly pistol matches, though there are some rifle, shotgun, or multigun events occasionally. Harvard IDPA in June has a 3-gun side match stage alongside the usual 6 stage pistol match.

Became a member last night - doing my safety orientation on Sunday.
I am so happy to have attended this event and parlayed it into a new club membership.

Thanks.

Max, Glad to see you joined the club. If you're interested we have USPSA/IPSC practice on Wednesday nights, we usually run from 5-7pm in the first action pit. It's pistols only, but you'll meet a lot of good shooters that will happily share their knowledge.

JSlayer

Max, Glad to see you joined the club. If you're interested we have USPSA/IPSC practice on Wednesday nights, we usually run from 5-7pm in the first action pit. It's pistols only, but you'll meet a lot of good shooters that will happily share their knowledge.

JSlayer

Love it :) Going to see what I can do to try and change my work schedule around a little to let me accommodate some more time down at the range. I hope to be able to become more active and thanks for the offer :)

JSlayer

I have been having a great time with you guys on Wednesday nights. I really can't say how much I appreciate everyone's input and help to a new USPSA shooter. I have learned so much in just the few times I have attended. I am making it a weekly routine.

Ira (if I remember correctly) helped me with my grip and reloading technique. I just need to practice practice practice :)

I just ordered up another (2) 10 rounders and secondary belt attachment for my XD setup so I should be a little more prepared for the larger stages and dropping mags at the right point.

Back
Top Bottom